Little pro golf manikin game - value ?
Aeneas
2007-02-10 15:41:59 UTC
Hi,

I was offered a Little Pro game (ipdb says it's from 1964).
Any idea on value and especially how fun these things are ?
(and is it more a novelty I'm going to play once, or does it stay
entertaining ?)

Aeneas.
SO
2007-02-10 16:30:07 UTC
Post by Aeneas
Hi,
I was offered a Little Pro game (ipdb says it's from 1964).
Any idea on value and especially how fun these things are ?
(and is it more a novelty I'm going to play once, or does it stay
entertaining ?)
Aeneas.
This is the king of those types of games: ***@provide.net

If anyone knows, Clay would.

ScottO.
Andrew Siebert
2007-02-10 17:43:22 UTC
Post by Aeneas
Hi,
I was offered a Little Pro game (ipdb says it's from 1964).
Any idea on value and especially how fun these things are ?
(and is it more a novelty I'm going to play once, or does it stay
entertaining ?)
Aeneas.
Looks like it could be interesting:

http://www.marvin3m.com/baseball/lilpro.htm
Pin Geek
2007-02-10 19:47:33 UTC
The solid state one is better. It's like a mini golf course but has I think
a windmill and some other moving goodies and goofy sounds. The 1964 version
is just a blank playfield.
--
Josh
http://www.pingeek.com

Get your pinball show dvds here:
http://www.thepinballshow.com
w***@aol.com
2007-02-10 20:57:03 UTC
I have had both... For collectors anything older even with the 'blank'
playfield is more collectible. The 3 manikin golf games like this are
as follows...
1. Mini Golf - MOST desirable due to era proper artwork. It's a
pretty machine / backglass. FUN, valuable, and desirable for resale.
These will run $ 4,500 or so in average/nice unrestored, but nice
original condition.
2. Southland Little Pro - Had one and sold it explained below... It
is the BUTT ugly sister to Mini Golf. If you want the gameplay then
grab it... It has ugly 60's formica all over the cabinet and a drag
queen on the BG with ugly colors and artwork. The one I had was MINT
- like out of the box mint unbelievably to be honest... and I sold it
for $ 3,000 - just what I paid for it...
3. Bromley Little Pro - If Southland Little Pro is the Ugly sister -
the bromley version is the bastard stepchild... A later copy, but does
have very different gameply. Ramps, crodile, windmill, etc... many
moving parts on holes that you need to time / have skill for to hit -
timing, strength of shot used, etc... I'm a collector and have plenty
of higher end manikin games in my collection so ya I'd prefer to have
a Mini Golf for the collector in me... I also have 2 young boys and
for sure the Bromley version is a better choice with the kids - it's a
freaking MINI GOLF course on the playfield !
These run around $ 1,500 - $ 2,000 high end.
So, it depends on what you like. The Southland although pretty rare
to see come up for sale, isn't the MOST desirable. The Mini Golf will
go for the type of money with the same gameplay that you need to be a
collector of finer things to appreciate it and the value of it. The
Bromley will be enjoyed by everyone and it's not a big cost leap. If
you're not a big 'ARCADE' collector then the Bromley is fine choice.
Alot of these arcade games are so cool and alot of you pinball only
guys miss the boat on this stuff. I have a collection of about 100
games - 50 / 50 between pins and arcade of all sorts, bowling, gun,
baseball, unusual, etc... Glad to see you're considering something
different... The variety in my collection is always a big hit and
people go to the 'different' stuff first instead of pinball. I love
the pins so it's all good...
If you want any more advice on this stuff just email me - I'd be glad
to help you on price, look at pictures, etc...
Joe Newhart
pr
2007-02-11 01:24:21 UTC
Joe is spot on here. I couldn't agree more with his assessment of
value and game type mix.

I would value a Little Pro in good condition at $2,000 max.

pr
Joe Newhart
Jeff
2007-02-11 20:06:35 UTC
I have a Bromley Little Pro and I love to play it. It is one of the
most played games that I have. If you want one I would get it while
they are still affordable. It seems all of the versions of this game
are going up and up in value.

Jeff
Aeneas Verhe
2007-02-15 08:14:40 UTC
I have a BromleyLittleProand I love to play it. It is one of the
most played games that I have. If you want one I would get it while
they are still affordable. It seems all of the versions of this game
are going up and up in value.
Jeff
Hi,

Just had mail from the seller that they can't open the cabinet door as
they don't have a key.

Can the lock be drilled out without problems ? Is it just a little
metal part that locks it like on pinball machines ?

Or is there another way to look underneath the playfield ?
Do you lift the playfield like on a regular pinball machine ?
Open coin door, release lockdown bar, remove glass ?
Or is it another kind of mechanism ?

Aeneas.
Aeneas Verhe
2007-02-15 08:17:43 UTC
Post by Aeneas Verhe
I have a BromleyLittleProand I love to play it. It is one of the
most played games that I have. If you want one I would get it while
they are still affordable. It seems all of the versions of this game
are going up and up in value.
Jeff
Hi,
Just had mail from the seller that they can't open the cabinet door as
they don't have a key.
Can the lock be drilled out without problems ? Is it just alittle
metal part that locks it like on pinball machines ?
Or is there another way to look underneath the playfield ?
Do you lift the playfield like on a regular pinball machine ?
Open coin door, release lockdown bar, remove glass ?
Or is it another kind of mechanism ?
Aeneas.
oops should've been by email.. :-(

Aeneas.

Andrew Siebert
2007-02-10 17:46:14 UTC
Post by Aeneas
Hi,
I was offered a Little Pro game (ipdb says it's from 1964).
Any idea on value and especially how fun these things are ?
(and is it more a novelty I'm going to play once, or does it stay
entertaining ?)
Aeneas.
although it could also be the updated 90's version:

http://www.marvin3m.com/baseball/blilpro.htm