BBB Neon
Pinballlew
2017-06-19 02:13:07 UTC
I have had these signs made and am offering it for sale for $150 shipped to you. This sign will be ordered upon payment and shipped out of China. They usually take from 2-4 weeks to be delivered. If interested message me your name, shipping address and PayPal email. Please include your color choice as well. Thanks

You can see pictures here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-neon-list#post-3745179
flippy
2017-06-19 17:11:58 UTC
Post by Pinballlew
I have had these signs made and am offering it for sale for $150
shipped to you. This sign will be ordered upon payment and shipped out
of China. They usually take from 2-4 weeks to be delivered. If
interested message me your name, shipping address and PayPal email.
Please include your color choice as well. Thanks
You can see pictures here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-neon-list#post-3745179
Restricted sub-forum
No Access :(
Scott Lurndal
2017-06-19 17:44:48 UTC
Post by flippy
Post by Pinballlew
I have had these signs made and am offering it for sale for $150
shipped to you. This sign will be ordered upon payment and shipped out
of China. They usually take from 2-4 weeks to be delivered. If
interested message me your name, shipping address and PayPal email.
Please include your color choice as well. Thanks
You can see pictures here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-neon-list#post-3745179
Restricted sub-forum
No Access :(
That's probably because he doesn't have rights to use the Simpsons to
sell his signs.
l***@gmail.com
umm.. u need to be logged into pinside to see the neons..there all there i just seen them
Scott Lurndal
2017-06-19 17:54:33 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by flippy
Post by Pinballlew
I have had these signs made and am offering it for sale for $150
shipped to you. This sign will be ordered upon payment and shipped out
of China. They usually take from 2-4 weeks to be delivered. If
interested message me your name, shipping address and PayPal email.
Please include your color choice as well. Thanks
You can see pictures here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-neon-list#post-3745179
Restricted sub-forum
No Access :(
That's probably because he doesn't have rights to use the Simpsons to
sell his signs.
umm.. u need to be logged into pinside to see the neons..there all there i just seen them
The point was that it is not clear that he has licensed the rights
from the rightsholder to sell his signs.

And few have the desire to log into pinside, whatever that is.
l***@gmail.com
umm..pinside is the other ng..I go where the money is sometimes its here mostimes its not
Scott Lurndal
pinside is _not_ a News Group. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
Frank Furhter
2017-06-20 14:55:50 UTC
Post by flippy
Post by Pinballlew
I have had these signs made and am offering it for sale for $150
shipped to you. This sign will be ordered upon payment and shipped out
of China. They usually take from 2-4 weeks to be delivered. If
interested message me your name, shipping address and PayPal email.
Please include your color choice as well. Thanks
You can see pictures here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-neon-list#post-3745179
Restricted sub-forum
No Access :(
Another reason Pin-shitz sucks Bobbin's Dick.
--
The Frankster, a playfield prankster
Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank.
Rule #1 of RGP, there are no rules or rulers.
Pinballlew
2017-06-21 17:05:33 UTC
Post by flippy
Post by Pinballlew
I have had these signs made and am offering it for sale for $150
shipped to you. This sign will be ordered upon payment and shipped out
of China. They usually take from 2-4 weeks to be delivered. If
interested message me your name, shipping address and PayPal email.
Please include your color choice as well. Thanks
You can see pictures here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-neon-list#post-3745179
Restricted sub-forum
No Access :(
OK quite a few PM’s and even some emails from people asking if I will order these behind Rick’s back. The answer to that question is that I will not.

This adventure has been about supplying a product for your gameroom for the fun of it. I love Neon and wanted to share something that I had made for my own personal use to spread that love of neon to others.

Rick called me and was nice on the phone and informed me that I was infringing upon his IP rights. He was respectful and if anything I reacted poorly in a knee jerk reaction kind of way. I'm unsure even if the signs violate any copywrite or falls into fair use. One thing Rick said that made sense to me is that I don’t which is true, so I won't be organizing anything unless it is legal. When I offered these I figured the rights were in limbo and nobody owned them but I didn’t really look into it or even really think about it. I was supplied with a link that Illinois Pinball has the copyright. Rick claimed to me over the phone that everyone knows that he bought the rights.

There is rumour that Illinois pinball only bought the rights to manufacture Capcom games for a limited amount of time. So maybe the rights rest with Capcom still, who knows.

I pulled the BeeR neon as well because possibly that might not be legal and infringe on the Simpsons rights? I really don’t know to be honest but I am not willing to take a chance for something that really is not worth it. I am not on here to get in a cross with anyone or involve my family in a legal battle. I have an original sign that I designed for myself coming and think would look great in a gameroom being sent to me now. I will make it available if there is demand.

Maybe someone in the Trademark/Copyright field can chime in here. Would the BeeR sign be infringing on anyones rights? I was going to offer up a Star Wars related sign but unsure if that is legal or not so unless I learn that it is ok I won't be pursuing it besides the one I had made for my personal use. I am no way going to fight with Disney, heck I like their parks and want to visit them LOL. I also am a fan of the Remakes of MMr, AFMr and future titles. Hopefully there is some insight into BBBr being made in the future. I hope there is.
l***@gmail.com
idk..just cross your fingers the legal team don't come after you,sounds like you violated a couple of patients here..maybe they will settle out of court..id counsult a lawyer and see what they can and cant do..
jj44114
small $$$ they wont do much
Pinballlew
2017-06-22 03:04:24 UTC
I assure you no patients were harmed in the creation of these signs... lol
Scott Lurndal
2017-06-22 12:36:08 UTC
idk..just cross your fingers the legal team don't come after you,sounds lik=
e you violated a couple of patients here
Only bad doctors violate patients.

As for the neon lights, they violate copyright, not patents.

Copyright lasts _much_ longer (too long, if you ask me).
c***@gmail.com
2017-06-22 14:05:57 UTC
he's a bad doctor?
jj44114
Guess how many bars in the US are named Big Bang Bar? The name is generic.
jj44114
He is not copying any logo, even if there is a valid copy right. You can make a neon sign about anything using words any no logo.
JonC
2017-06-22 14:14:51 UTC
Post by jj44114
Post by jj44114
Post by flippy
Post by Pinballlew
I have had these signs made and am offering it for sale for $150
shipped to you. This sign will be ordered upon payment and shipped out
of China. They usually take from 2-4 weeks to be delivered. If
interested message me your name, shipping address and PayPal email.
Please include your color choice as well. Thanks
You can see pictures here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-neon-list#post-3745179
Restricted sub-forum
No Access :(
Guess how many bars in the US are named Big Bang Bar? The name is generic.
He is not copying any logo, even if there is a valid copy right. You can make a neon sign about anything using words any no logo.
I searched for copyright for Capcom and Big Bang Bar, there was nothing there. Plenty of Capcom copyrights for Street Fighter, etc., nothing I could find for pinball.

Jon
Duncan Brown
2017-06-22 14:47:41 UTC
Post by JonC
Post by jj44114
Post by jj44114
Post by JonC
Post by jj44114
Post by jj44114
Post by flippy
No Access :(
Guess how many bars in the US are named Big Bang Bar? The name is generic.
He is not copying any logo, even if there is a valid copy right.
You can make a neon sign about anything using words any no logo.
I searched for copyright for Capcom and Big Bang Bar, there was
nothing there. Plenty of Capcom copyrights for Street Fighter, etc.,
nothing I could find for pinball.
Jon
That's because Illinois Pinball was the last registrant (and I assume
PPS is the current assignee):

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4807:j3dntk.2.1

Duncan
l***@gmail.com
2017-06-22 21:02:33 UTC
Post by flippy
Post by JonC
Post by jj44114
Post by jj44114
Post by JonC
Post by jj44114
Post by jj44114
Post by flippy
No Access :(
Guess how many bars in the US are named Big Bang Bar? The name is generic.
He is not copying any logo, even if there is a valid copy right.
You can make a neon sign about anything using words any no logo.
I searched for copyright for Capcom and Big Bang Bar, there was
nothing there. Plenty of Capcom copyrights for Street Fighter, etc.,
nothing I could find for pinball.
Jon
That's because Illinois Pinball was the last registrant (and I assume
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4807:j3dntk.2.1
Duncan
Well then "offer up" your Starwars signs and see if disneys legal team comes after you..