Looking for Podcast Guests
Kaneda
2016-03-08 21:16:53 UTC
Greetings RPG. I hear this is the place to go for pinball fans who have strong POV's. That's great. I'm looking to interview some guests for my podcast. Topics I'm looking to cover are:

1. Collectors: want to discuss what's in your collection, what's your grail, what you're looking forward to, that one you regret selling, pinball prices these days, etc.

2. The promise of boutique pinball: tons of new companies, not lots of pins shipping. What are your thoughts on this? Who are you rooting for?

3. Predictions: what do you predict is going to happen in 2016? Any surprises? Failures? Whatever.

4. Forum drama: nough said.

5. Pinball random thoughts: what's on your mind with regards to pinball?

If any of this interests you and you want to help me some dead air, just hit me up at ***@gmail.com. If you haven't checked out the podcast, it's available here:

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball

And yes, I know some of you think I'm a d-bag troll and feel free to come on the show and tell me that :) Best,

Joe Jet
2016-03-08 21:53:13 UTC
Welcome Kaneda! I think you find this forum to be a kinder and gentler place and you will fit right in.

Joe
Frank Furhter
2016-03-11 02:35:39 UTC
Post by Joe Jet
Welcome Kaneda! I think you find this forum to be a kinder and gentler place and you will fit right in.
Joe
Hey asshole, Joe.

This is NOT a fucking forum shithead, its called and operated as an
unmoderated USENET news group.

Learn this, understand what it means, and enjoy proper knowledge.
--
The Frankster, a playfield prankster
Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank.
Rule #1 of RGP, there are no rules or rulers.
Collin
j***@gmail.com
2016-03-11 03:44:03 UTC
Kaneda & this other guy, Michael Dunlop Sr, have created a new genre called the rantcast. It's essentially the pinball version of a call in on The Jim Rome Show where instead of talking about an athlete or a sports team, they talk about people who post on Pinside/pinball companies.

Idiocracy, ladies & gentlemen.
Kaneda
It's true. The force. The Jedi. All of it.
Frank Furhter
2016-03-17 06:18:32 UTC
Post by Frank Furhter
Hey asshole, Joe.
This is NOT a fucking forum shithead, its called and operated as an
unmoderated USENET news group.
Learn this, understand what it means, and enjoy proper knowledge.
--
The Frankster, a playfield prankster
Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank.
http://PinWiki.com, Prep-H 4 pinballers.
CARGPB #42 (Free to join, sign up now!)
Dangling Team-EM Member (debauchery a-go-go)
Rule #1 of RGP, there are no rules or rulers.
It's true. The force. The Jedi. All of it.
Kaneda sounds like a nick for someone with a disease.
Balboa Rules
You will like it here better, just cannot post pictures... so no more of that cute girl you posted on pinside.. : (
Tracelifter
2016-03-09 00:37:58 UTC
Post by Kaneda
1. Collectors: want to discuss what's in your collection, what's your grail, what you're looking forward to, that one you regret selling, pinball prices these days, etc.
2. The promise of boutique pinball: tons of new companies, not lots of pins shipping. What are your thoughts on this? Who are you rooting for?
3. Predictions: what do you predict is going to happen in 2016? Any surprises? Failures? Whatever.
4. Forum drama: nough said.
5. Pinball random thoughts: what's on your mind with regards to pinball?
https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball
And yes, I know some of you think I'm a d-bag troll and feel free to come on the show and tell me that :) Best,
Welcome to the dark side, no mods, no ejects, no thumbs and over here BAN is a roll on deodorant.
How did you get HAL to open the pod bay doors?

Eric
Kaneda
2016-03-09 01:31:34 UTC
Thanks guys. Happy to hang with some pinheads, anytime.
z***@gmail.com
2016-03-09 01:37:26 UTC
Predator vs. Alien = Furhter vs. Kaneda. Play nice, gentlemen.
John In WI
2016-03-09 02:22:53 UTC
Gary?
Tracelifter
2016-03-09 03:47:05 UTC
Gary?
Your views.
=)

Damon O. made some damn funny vids.

Eric
j***@gmail.com
2016-03-09 05:01:31 UTC
RGP has always been and will always be way cooler than some stuffy forum.

And posting pictures ain't that fuckin' hard. Just put them on some free hosting site and post a link. That always sufficed just fine around here.
s***@gmail.com
2016-03-09 13:06:01 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
RGP has always been and will always be way cooler than some stuffy forum.
And posting pictures ain't that fuckin' hard. Just put them on some free hosting site and post a link. That always sufficed just fine around here.
But then you can't post some slightly humorous but mostly annoying gif or meme or whatever to get your point across instead of just using words. That's one of the really tedious parts of Spinside to me...scrolling past all the fuckin pics...too much of a good thing is often just the right amount, but sometimes it's just too much!! Especially now that there's no boobs and fine buns anymore... ;o)

Good luck with the podcast K...actually, this place is pretty mild these days. All the folks that were bothered by "strong opinions" left, and the trolls they were running from mostly followed. lol

Sean
d***@optonline.net
2016-03-09 13:09:07 UTC
Post by Kaneda
Greetings RPG.
And yes, I know some of you think I'm a d-bag troll and feel free to come on the show and tell me that :) Best,
Bad start. This is "RGP". RPG either means Role Playing Game or Rocket Propelled Grenade. Can't go back and edit here :)
a***@hotmail.com
2016-03-09 14:10:25 UTC
Report Program Generator for us old-timers. I took that class in college in 1982....
l***@gmail.com
2016-03-09 15:14:18 UTC
Post by d***@optonline.net
Post by Kaneda
Greetings RPG.
And yes, I know some of you think I'm a d-bag troll and feel free to come on the show and tell me that :) Best,
Bad start. This is "RGP". RPG either means Role Playing Game or Rocket Propelled Grenade. Can't go back and edit here :)
Calling RGP "RPG" is a tradition as old as whining about pinside on RGP or RGP on pinside itself.

Fuckin' newbies!!!! Well, the good news is that at the rate people are being banned and butthurt deactivating themselves, this place should be hopping like the old days in no time.

Because people really have no choice. They HAVE to post. So they'll do it here.
Pin Del
2016-03-09 16:55:39 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Post by d***@optonline.net
Post by Kaneda
Greetings RPG.
And yes, I know some of you think I'm a d-bag troll and feel free to come on the show and tell me that :) Best,
Bad start. This is "RGP". RPG either means Role Playing Game or Rocket Propelled Grenade. Can't go back and edit here :)
Calling RGP "RPG" is a tradition as old as whining about pinside on RGP or RGP on pinside itself.
Fuckin' newbies!!!! Well, the good news is that at the rate people are being banned and butthurt deactivating themselves, this place should be hopping like the old days in no time.
Because people really have no choice. They HAVE to post. So they'll do it here.
RGP had a Pod-Cast ran by Gary back in 2002-03 & the post count was as high as I ever saw it, It "could" have been good had he not tried to stick his dick in everyone's ear & bad mouth any & everyone .
If Kaneda can do it with out trying to be the Debate King on every topic then I'm sure he will get the responces he is looking for .

Good Luck,

Pin-Del,
barakandl
Get Frank on your podcast.
Mark Coward
Ditto that!
d***@optonline.net
Good ole Gary "Buy Gold" Cubetta or something. There were so many pposts you could not keep up with them. Then because it was the most active newsgroup the spam came in. That got bad.
Tracelifter
2016-03-09 18:44:58 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Post by d***@optonline.net
Post by Kaneda
Greetings RPG.
And yes, I know some of you think I'm a d-bag troll and feel free to come on the show and tell me that :) Best,
Bad start. This is "RGP". RPG either means Role Playing Game or Rocket Propelled Grenade. Can't go back and edit here :)
Calling RGP "RPG" is a tradition as old as whining about pinside on RGP or RGP on pinside itself.
Fuckin' newbies!!!! Well, the good news is that at the rate people are being banned and butthurt deactivating themselves, this place should be hopping like the old days in no time.
Because people really have no choice. They HAVE to post. So they'll do it here.
You left out calling it a website, that would get you a ration of shit.
It's a newsgroup dammit!
:)

Eric
j***@gmail.com
Looks like someone else just stole your Pinside: The Podcast idea.
VDOJAQ
Would love to talk about pinball "flippers"
The_Black_Knight
2016-03-14 17:49:35 UTC
Take the time to listen and learn.
Many of the "old timers" still watch and listen on this newsgroup.
Many from as early as the beginning of the 1990s from the days of dial up modems and outdated Compuserve news services.

There is significant knowledge to be gained, if you keep an open mind.
Opinions are certainly accepted.
l***@gmail.com
2016-03-14 20:54:29 UTC
But was it an acoustically coupled modem?
Tuna Delight
2016-03-15 05:39:44 UTC
Kaneda on RGP?!

Thanks for your podcast - I enjoy listening to it in general and agree with your points more often than not.

I also think your proclaiming Ghost Busters as being the most beautiful pin in the last 20 years is a bit of an overstatement though given the many fantastic looking games that have preceded it. AND it seems that your apparent mad crush on GB is somewhat premature given that no one has seen its actual gameplay yet. I say this as a John Trudeau fan as well as recognizing that it has numerous innovative looking playfield features, but just think you should be a bit more objective.

Good luck with your search for interesting podcast participants - RGP has more than a few knowledgeable as well as entertaining pinheads that would be great candidates.

I look forward to your future episodes!
Tracelifter
This post was moderated 7 hours ago. A temporary (30 days) thread eject was issued.
d***@optonline.net
2016-03-15 17:02:00 UTC
*** Ignored User Post ***
a***@hotmail.com
2016-03-16 01:43:46 UTC
User has not donated to RGP.
Tracelifter
2016-03-16 02:05:52 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
User has not donated to RGP.
One man banned
There at Pinnyside.
And they said he had to go.

Banneded, scorned as the one who trolled.
What do you do when you're banneded and labeled a troll.

Wherever you go, for the rest of your life
You must post...on RGP.

Banneded!
Marked with a troller's shame.
What do you do when you're banneded,
Will you fight for your name?

He was innocent,
Not a charge was true,
But the posters will never know ...

Banneded!
Scorned as the one who cannot post.
What do you do when you're banneded,
And you know you can't post?

And wherever you go
for the rest of your life
You must post ...
On RGP!
Frank Furhter
2016-03-17 06:19:56 UTC
Post by Tuna Delight
Kaneda on RGP?!
Thanks for your podcast - I enjoy listening to it in general and agree with your points more often than not.
I also think your proclaiming Ghost Busters as being the most beautiful pin in the last 20 years is a bit of an overstatement though given the many fantastic looking games that have preceded it. AND it seems that your apparent mad crush on GB is somewhat premature given that no one has seen its actual gameplay yet. I say this as a John Trudeau fan as well as recognizing that it has numerous innovative looking playfield features, but just think you should be a bit more objective.
Good luck with your search for interesting podcast participants - RGP has more than a few knowledgeable as well as entertaining pinheads that would be great candidates.
I look forward to your future episodes!
Calling anything the 'most beautiful' of <fill it in> is clearly someone
loser dying for some attention, and getting it.
l***@gmail.com
2016-03-17 13:41:28 UTC
Post by Frank Furhter
Post by Tuna Delight
[...]
You are a loser dying for attention!

Why don't you go on the podcast? I think it would be a ratings bonanza. Kaneda will have pretty much anybody on (he's invited ME!) so why not give it a shot?
Joe Jet
2016-03-21 14:32:29 UTC
Buy a clue Frod

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
1.
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.