Dayhuff's 14th Annual Pinball Party Invite.......Please RSVP.
John Dayhuff
2016-09-09 01:30:28 UTC
Hi Everyone,

You guessed it, it's that time of year for the "Dayhuff's 12 Hours of Pinball Party" on November 5th 2016 (it's always the first Saturday of November every year) from noon to midnight. This is an open invite to anyone on the group, plus anyone they might want to bring along with them that's into playing pinball. This is something that we started doing to try and get the local and some not so local pinheads together to play, talk and brag about pinball stuff for the day.

Each year this party has grown to such a huge amount of people coming through that it's hard to keep track of all the names and faces so name tags are provided at the door when you first arrive. They are located in the kitchen so please come through the front door or the garage when you first arrive to get yours since we all want to match up the name to your lovely face. Please be sure to find me at some point, even if it's just to say hi.

There is no monetary admission fee for the party but if you could bring a dish or some type of treat to pass that would be great. Try to stay away from a bag of chips unless it goes with a specific dip you're bringing or we will end up with 40 bags of unopened chips at the end of the night. Something homemade is always a big hit, cookies, rice krispie treats, or anything else you can think of is always fine with us. We always have a few munchies out to get things started and SuAnn will make meatballs and her world famous sausage dip as always. I'm providing about 10 different kinds of pop, bottled water and some diet stuff too, but if you want anything else specific make sure to bring it... and as always I'll buy the pizza from Pizza Hut around 6-7 pm for everyone. Please remember when the pizza gets here (and you'll know when the siren goes off) that everyone would like some. Please RSVP me back personally at ***@sbcglobal.net or by phone if you're coming and how many people will be with you. That way we can better plan for the amount of people that will be attending. At last years party there were about 180 people that came through...some stayed all day and some for just a few hours..., it's up to you and NO, I don't need any help setting up the games the night before or even three hours before the party...so no sneaking in early. Thanks anyway, but noon does mean noon.

Each year we have been doing official T-shirts to commemorate the event and will be doing so again this year. Jeff Rumsey came up with another really cool design for the back of the shirt this year and it looks great. So if you're wanting a shirt or even more than one please let me know ASAP since the cut off date to get it to the printers will be the 16th of October. I'll need to know how many shirts and what sizes. These shirts are made up ahead of time based on your request and can be picked up here the day of the party. I will NOT have extras the day of the party, if you don't preorder you won't be able to get one. Price is $20 regardless of size and I'm pretty sure I can get all the way up to 6x but I'll have to double check with the printer as I have a new one this year.... Pretty soon I will have a link you can click on so you can see what the shirts will look like ahead of time. Remember the cut off date for just the shirts is October 16th. You can still RSVP for the party after that date but the sooner I know you're coming the better, and if you can't make it after you've RSVP'd then please let me know that as well.

As always there will be a Zen tournament again this year on a preselected pin that has been kept a secret for the last month or two and only a small handfull of people know which pin it will be for obvious reasons.......
Joe Kace from Laseriffic Laser Engraving is already working on some cool trophy's ( but please don't bug him about what game they're for) for this years top two winners. As most of you know Joe does only the best in making all your aftermarket lighted up toppers, if you haven't seen his website you should check it out. Here's the link Laseriffic.com. There will also be other pinball related prizes for the runners up, remember you can't win something unless you play in the tournament...which is a pretty fun time and a great way to meet fellow hobbyist. If anyone wants to donate some sort of pinball prize for the tournament winners feel free to do so and it will be greatly appreciated. And of course you don't have to get into the tournament if you don't want to but it is free. The way the Zen tournament works is great because it gives everyone a fair chance to win no matter how good or if your like me, how sucky you are at playing. My own mother took fourth place four years ago and she never played before in her life........LOL. Pete Mathis will be around to collect your names for the tournament, please be sure to stick around until the ending if at all possible, other wise your partner will be scrambling to find someone to take your place or worse yet have to bow out of the tournament because you left before it was over with. The entire tournament takes around 3 hours from start to finish...give or take and usually starts up around 5-6 pm.

Each year the party is in the late fall for a few different reasons but the main one is that it's just to dang hot out in the summer and then comes Expo...and well, we're all just too busy doing other things plus it's soooo much cooler. Even though it's cooler outside it still tends to warm up on the inside what with the games, lights, people etc... so dress in something comfortable that will keep you cool when you're rubbing butts with someone you don't know. LOL.

Now for the RULES, and yes we must have a few basic rules (because lets face it, without rules...there's chaos) to avoid some past issues. First, please make sure you have a good time and play as many games as possible, you have less than nine minutes per game to hit them all in 12 hours. IF something breaks down ( yeah like it won't happen...LOL...) please let me know ASAP and this year I'll have sticky notes and pens so you can even leave a note on the glass letting me know what's going on with the game, and I'll try to get it fixed when it's not so crowded or while everyone is chowing down on pizza if not sooner if possible. For instance if a ball is stuck in the game feel free to open the game and take care of it yourself, just PLEASE be careful with the glass and let people around you know what you're doing...we don't need thousands of pieces of glass all over the basement, especially during a party. Please no drinks or food on the games, under the games is fine or even balanced on your head if you're that talented or just leave your soda on a coaster upstairs as I'm sure nobody will mess with it. Ha ha. Please no smoking in the house. There is plenty of fresh air to pollute outside or in the smokers lounge (garage) which might have a game or two set up to play as well. Parking is available up and down the street but please don't block anyone's mail box or driveway. I've not had any neighbor issues with these partys yet so let's not start now.

OK, with all that BORING stuff said ( and if you're still reading this and even still awake ) lets get onto more important stuff like the list of games that you're in for. Even though it's really not all that important to some, others like to know. This list is ever changing so don't hold me to it.

Revenge From Mars, Terminator 2 (new this year), DE Playboy, DE Batman, King Kong, DE Simpson's, DE Star Wars, Tales from the Crypt, Gun's and Roses, Batman Forever, Apollo 13, Monopoly, Simpson's Pinball Party, Elvis, Circus Voltaire, Champion Pub, Cactus Canyon, WHO Dunnit, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Medieval (for sale) Madness remake, Big Bang Bar remake, Pinball Magic, Cueball Wizard, Spirit, Haunted House, Black Hole, Rocky, The Amazing Spiderman, James Bond, Canada Dry, Fast Draw, Central Park, Nags, Blackout, Barracora, Wizard of Oz, Blackwater 100, Special Force, Gilligan's Island, Judge Dredd, Twilight Zone, Theatre of Magic, Shadow, No Good Gofers, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Monster Bash, Williams Indy Jones, Funhouse, The Getaway (HS II), Taxi, Big Guns, Banzai Run, Superman, Iron Maiden, Orbitor One, Bally's Rolling Stones, Kiss, Centaur, Fathom, Spectrum, Wizard, Nip-it, Fireball Classic, Six Million Dollar Man, Bally's Playboy, Harlem Globetrotters, Mata Hari em. version as well as the Evel Knievel em. version, 1931 Baffle Ball, 1932 Bally Hoo, 1933 Worlds Fair Jigsaw and M. Redgraves 1876 Parlor Bagatelle, and of course the HERCULES, hey doesn't everyone have one of those in their basement? Plus other fun stuff like, Spy Hunter, Dragon's Lair, 1968 Space Pilot, 1957 Ten Strike Bowler, two Rush the Rocks, 1938 slot machine, 1958 Skill Roll, jukebox and pop machine. If you're still curious how I managed to cram all that into my tiny basement you can go to U-tube and type my name in and see video's that Marcus Anderson and others have shot over the years, it's really cool to see how much the basement has changed over the last few years.

When you call or email with your RSVP, I'll give you my exact address if you don't already have it for GPS'ing. It's pretty simple though. Remember you MUST RSVP no matter what and if possible PLEASE use my direct email address which is ***@sbcglobal.net since it just makes my life easier.

I guess that's about it.. We hope to see many of you again this year, and hopefully many new faces this year as well.

Thanks

John and SuAnn Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
d***@gmail.com
2016-09-09 07:13:07 UTC
Well worth the trip no matter how far you travel to get there outstanding host/hostess along with a pin collection that's better than some shows i've attended and there's plenty more...as I was a first time attedee last year and hope to make it again this year thanks in advance for opening up your home and throwing a kick ass event
Dave
The_Black_Knight
2016-09-09 08:18:42 UTC
John,

It would have been nice to make the trip, but now it is just too far this year.
I am sure it will be a blast as always though!

TBK
John Dayhuff
2016-09-13 18:46:58 UTC
If anyone want's to see the pictures of the T-shirts let me know off RGP and I'll send you pictures directly if you give me your email address.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
Frank Furhter
2016-09-16 04:53:33 UTC
Post by John Dayhuff
If anyone want's to see the pictures of the T-shirts let me know off RGP and I'll send you pictures directly if you give me your email address.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
For fucks sake, just post a gif or milf, or malt-o-meal shot of it.
--
The Frankster, a playfield prankster
Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank.
Rule #1 of RGP, there are no rules or rulers.
John Dayhuff
2016-09-23 18:45:19 UTC
Just bumping this up. Remember the Tshirt cut off date is the 16th of October.

Thanks,
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
John Dayhuff
2016-10-08 23:19:02 UTC
Throwing this out there again as the RSVP's seem to have come to a halt. At this rate there wont be any waiting to play games this year.......hmmmm ??

Susan and Alan ? Are you out there ?
:)

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
Frank Furhter
2016-10-10 07:45:16 UTC
Post by John Dayhuff
Throwing this out there again as the RSVP's seem to have come to a halt. At this rate there wont be any waiting to play games this year.......hmmmm ??
Susan and Alan ? Are you out there ?
:)
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
Does "Jumped the Shark" come to your mind at this point?
Todd S.
If I wasn't going to be in your area the weekend after I'd attend. If that changes I'll notify you. Many thanks for holding the annual gathering.
flippy
2016-10-10 17:22:38 UTC
Post by John Dayhuff
Throwing this out there again as the RSVP's seem to have come to a
halt. At this rate there wont be any waiting to play games this
year.......hmmmm ??
Susan and Alan ? Are you out there ?
:)
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
Don't worry.
We still have you on the radar.
Are you going to Expo?
John Dayhuff
2016-10-10 19:28:11 UTC
Nope, no plans for Expo at all this year.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
Frank Furhter
2016-10-12 03:53:52 UTC
Post by John Dayhuff
Nope, no plans for Expo at all this year.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
Interestingly "Jumped the Shark" occurred to the DoucheHuff, and yet he
is pimping his long lost event at home which he hoped would create
business revenue for his hack-and-dash work on pinballs.

The problem with the hobby has always been folks fucking the next guy in
line, which brings me to the notion of pinball being much like real
estate... Nothing really real about it, its all about the estate.
John Dayhuff
2016-10-16 09:12:19 UTC
Last day to get your Tshirt orders to me as it goes to the printer on Monday.
Thanks,
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
Robert
2016-10-20 19:24:59 UTC
I happen to have some items for sale that party-goers may be interested in, and can bring them to the party to complete a sale. Please reply to me directly, rather than in this thread.

All machines work all the way. Pictures available.

Bally Silver Sails (1962) bingo pinball machine - $1000
1991 IGT Video Poker Slot Machine with DBA and Custom Stand w/ Casters - $900
Skill Cards (1951) Mechanical Trade Stimulator / Poker / Blackjack - $400
Robert

Skill Cards (1961) Mechanical Trade Stimulator / Poker / Blackjack - $400
Georgy Girl
John, put me and Mike down as a maybe. I am leaving for a trip on Nov. 8 and that Saturday is my last day off before my trip. If I can get everything ready we might come by for a few hours.
John Dayhuff
2016-10-21 00:41:20 UTC
We're gonna start stocking up the pop machine and some other goodies for the party so keep the RSVP's coming in, the sooner the better as it helps us plan better. Remember you MUST email me directly if your coming. We need the head count sent to ***@sbcglobal.net

Only two weeks away so please don't wait. Remember Charlie's is back in town so don't miss her triumph return.
Thanks,
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
Frank Furhter
2016-10-22 19:24:03 UTC
Post by John Dayhuff
Only two weeks away so please don't wait. Remember Charlie's is back in town so don't miss her triumph return.
Thanks,
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
Feels and sounds as if this event jumped the shark a couple years ago.
No longer the must-to-do destination private party.
With so many collectors doing charity and so many machines being sold
for big dollars, who has time to go to a house and eat pizza and a few
cheap cold beers to enjoy pinball either on location, at a show, or even
in their own collection (which is clearly what folks prefer).
John Dayhuff
2016-10-27 19:34:05 UTC
Still plenty of room for more people so please don't hesitate and don't even think about showing up without emailing me directly with your RSVP or you'll be kicked off RGP for life.

As of right now were not even close to previous years numbers so it's surely not going to be nearly as crowded as in the past years. I have no idea why but this year could be our first backwards slide ever as far as attendance goes so bring on the RSVP's and get yourselves here. What else have you got to do on that day that's more important? :)

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
Frank Furhter
2016-10-28 05:47:10 UTC
Post by John Dayhuff
Still plenty of room for more people so please don't hesitate and don't even think about showing up without emailing me directly with your RSVP or you'll be kicked off RGP for life.
As of right now were not even close to previous years numbers so it's surely not going to be nearly as crowded as in the past years. I have no idea why but this year could be our first backwards slide ever as far as attendance goes so bring on the RSVP's and get yourselves here. What else have you got to do on that day that's more important? :)
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
After fucking the customer for years, and doing it with a smile, its
time to let this shark jump and jump again. Desperate is as does. Time
to wrap it up bra.
John Dayhuff
2016-11-07 02:07:01 UTC
Wow, another great year for the party with around 180 people coming through in the twelve hours. We must be doing something right for that many people to keep coming back year after year.

I just want to publicly thank a few people for there help in making the party what it is, without them I could never pull off such an event of this caliber by myself.

First off A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that brought some sort of dish to pass for all to have. We appreciate you doing so and also to those that will be posting pictures and videos of this years party, its great to see the looks on peoples faces while there enjoying the games and having a great time.

Pete and Julie Mathis-- As always Pete runs the Zen tournament and this year it was on the Harlem Globetrotters game (which was also the theme of the t-shirts this year since we were celebrating the 20th year since I had bought the game) Pete not only keeps track of there scores but also places the two people together by gathering up there names on a list and then randomly draws there names so that every team is a luck of the draw when it comes to which two are paired up. He then runs them through the first round and takes the top eight teams through a second round of the finals and then its the top four teams that end up as the winners. Pete runs it without a hitch each year and I cant thank him enough for wanting to do so. Pete your AWESOME !!

Julie-- Spends much of her time upstairs helping out with the food, pop and water supply and generally just doing whatever needs to be done to help keep things going smoothly as possible. We cant thank you both enough for all that you do, your both WONDERFUL!!

Jeff Rumsey-- The T-shirts are always a true work of art and this year was no exception thanks to Jeff's vision and all the hard work and many many hours he puts into them with basically zero pay. He also works with my local printer by sending them the files so that they can make the screens for them and get them printed up in time. I had many people tell me that they thought this years shirts were the best ones yet and they loved how they turned out. THANK YOU SO MUCH JEFF !!

Joe Kace at Laseriffic-- Joe makes the trophies for the Zen tournament winners each year and basically has to come up with something that is based on the tournament game and this year being the Harlem Globetrotters he really nailed it and it even had color changing LED's and a remote control. Nice job Joe, there very cool !! If you haven't seen Joes game toppers then check him out at Laseriffic.com

Marcus Anderson-- Has been doing the many video's most of you have probably seen on you tube of the past party's and I'm sure he'll be posting up this years video soon and I want to thank him for taking the time out from his "one day off out of the year" to do so. I'm sure he'll be posting up a pictures soon. Thank you Marcus for keeping the "documentaries" going each year.

Ken Scharrer-- Ken makes key chains each year as part of the tournament prizes and there also hand painted and personalized for every years game. Ken also helps out in my PATZ booth each year and spends three long days with me in the booth, how lucky can he be right? LOL...... Thank you Ken your a good friend !!

SuAnn-- My wonderful wife for the past 21 years who puts up with my months of craziness in doing the preparations for the party each year. Much of her part comes in during the last week or so before the party and our tensions may rise a bit during those times but we always hear each other out and do whatever needs to be done to bring it all together and she is the true backbone of the party and puts up with all the other pinball stuff year around. I surely couldn't even think about doing this without her. She really deserves much of the credit for making this happen so if you see her at a show or here at the house or wherever please be sure to say hi and just tell her thank you for making the party all come together like she does year after year, I'm sure she will appreciate that.

I guess that's about it, if I missed anyone then I apologize but you know who you are. Thanks again everyone for all the great food, great fun and another year of wonderful memories.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836
Frank Furhter
2016-11-09 03:35:16 UTC
Post by John Dayhuff
Wow, another great year for the party with around 180 people coming through in the twelve hours. We must be doing something right for that many people to keep coming back year after year.
if greatyear >= event.rate(180/24) then
self.promotion(r.g.p.)
else say.nothing(r.g.p.)

promotion of such a huge failure is truly amazing, yet do keep on
keepin' on bra.
t***@gmail.com
2016-11-07 14:51:33 UTC
Thanks for hosting another great party and for sharing all the great games. We had a blast! Brought a friend that is new to pinball who now wants his own game. So if anyone has a nice "starter" game for sale in the Mi area shoot me a email.
TC