Shuffle Alley Playfields and Parts?
b***@gmail.com
2012-12-17 21:29:16 UTC
Hi everyone-

A friend of mine purchased a Williams Alley Cats this past weekend. He mentioned there is some damage to the playfield where the puck was slammed down. From what I can tell, Williams used the same design on all Shuffle Alleys (although I could be mistaken, i'm a pin guy, not a shuffle alley guy).

Are there playfields out there for these things (NOS, Repro, Used)? Are all of the williams interchangable from one machine to another? What is a reasonable price we can expect to pay?

Also, on a side note, I saw an ebay auction that had what appeared to be Williams branded beer bottles for the pins. Has anyone seen these before? Were they offered as a kit, and if so, are they still out there anywhere for sale?

Thanks for any pointers!
mikepin
2012-12-17 23:51:50 UTC
I have a nos playfield still in box not sure what its worth mike
330 5183141
Hoop
2012-12-24 00:01:49 UTC
Williams (& United) Shuffle Alley were similar but changed a bit over the years. They began in 1948 and production continued through the 80's.

Here is the rub on Shuffle Alleys. The early versions were electro mechanical. Even one in pristine condition rarely sells for much over $600. (of course this doesn't stop hordes of people with unrealistic asking prices trying there best to sell them at super inflated prices)
Generally speaking, you can find shuffle alleys in working condition for less than $500.
The later versions (solid state) are worth a bit more, but I still believe demand is soft once pricing gets over $800. (again, there is much unrealistic pricing going on) These are not particularly in high demand and they certainly are not hard to find.

I have seen the branded beer bottles as pins. They are rare indeed. But, it all gets back to the economics of a shuffle alley. Is one willing to hoark up $200 for a set of kool beer bottle pins to dress up a machine of which they laid out $300?
Thanks for any pointers!
Long Island Pinball
2012-12-24 05:26:03 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Hi everyone-
A friend of mine purchased a Williams Alley Cats this past weekend. He mentioned there is some damage to the playfield where the puck was slammed down. From what I can tell, Williams used the same design on all Shuffle Alleys (although I could be mistaken, i'm a pin guy, not a shuffle alley guy).
Are there playfields out there for these things (NOS, Repro, Used)? Are all of the williams interchangable from one machine to another? What is a reasonable price we can expect to pay?
Also, on a side note, I saw an ebay auction that had what appeared to be Williams branded beer bottles for the pins. Has anyone seen these before? Were they offered as a kit, and if so, are they still out there anywhere for sale?
Thanks for any pointers!
I also have a NIB NOS Williams Shuffle Alley Playfield in pristine
condition. If anyone is interested please reply privately or email and
make an offer as I too don't know it's value. Markhittner gmail<dot
com>. Please note: these playfields have to be sent via freight as
they're size is too big for USPS and makes non-freight UPS & FedEx
very cost prohibitive.
s***@gmail.com
I have a lane piece for free if youd like, it has a few dings but not bad dont know what kind of shape yours is in, Im in Northern Ky though, fyi.
c***@gmail.com
2017-08-19 00:34:54 UTC
Do you still have bowler playfield and if so how much and do you have a picture
s***@gmail.com