Williams / Data East Alphanumeric displays
Fireball
2006-08-11 08:51:07 UTC
Hi:

I' m trying to replace a Data East Simpsons display board with a
Williams Police Force display board. Two boards have identical
connectors and are 16 digit alphanumeric x 2. The power inputs are the
same too.
The connectors are the same, only in different location.
But the displays doesn't work good. Evidently they are not compatible,
the text is illegible and make strange draws...

Can I make any modification to correct the problem?

Is the connector pinout compatible?

Very thanks
e***@chello.hu
2006-08-11 10:28:34 UTC
Yeah you need to change one IC on the display board to make it work.
I'm not sure which one atm but If you compare the schematics of both
you'll see. Other then that they are identical
Very thanks
Fireball