TECH: LOTR Tower Diverter Gate
Paul
2011-11-21 05:09:44 UTC
My tower diverter gate has a nervous condition all of a sudden. There is
no switch? Just a coil. In test works fine, but during gameplay and you
get War of the Ents when the gate is held open during the timed play, it
vibrates and sometimes has a hard time holding it open. I know its not
the coil. What should I be looking for next?
Paul
BC_Gambit
2011-11-21 08:29:21 UTC
Not sure if you have already ruled this out, but I believe the tower ge
shuts when Orthanc being fed from the right loop (possibly the left loo
as well, not at all sure about that one).

If one of these switches was intermittent, it could cause a problem?

I am not sure if it would cause twitching or not, but it could explai
why you are not seeing this problem in test (test would not care abou
other playfield switches).

Just an idea...

--
BC_Gambi
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.co
BC_Gambit
2011-11-21 08:30:11 UTC
Sorry, should have said tower gate shuts....
Post by BC_Gambit
Not sure if you have already ruled this out, but I believe the towe
gate shuts when Orthanc being fed from the right loop (possibly the lef
loop as well, not at all sure about that one).
C M
2011-11-21 17:09:24 UTC
Post by BC_Gambit
Not sure if you have already ruled this out, but I believe the tower
gate shuts when Orthanc being fed from the right loop (possibly the left
loop as well, not at all sure about that one).
If one of these switches was intermittent, it could cause a problem?
I am not sure if it would cause twitching or not, but it could explain
why you are not seeing this problem in test (test would not care about
other playfield switches).
Just an idea....
--
BC_Gambit
This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com
well.
cody chunn

Paul
cody chunn

Paul
C M
2011-11-21 19:16:29 UTC
Post by cody chunn
Oh, the same procedure can minimize buzz from the leaning tower as well.
-cody
http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb147.pdf
-cody
My tower diverter gate has a nervous condition all of a sudden. There is
no switch? Just a coil. In test works fine, but during gameplay and you
get War of the Ents when the gate is held open during the timed play, it
vibrates and sometimes has a hard time holding it open. I know its not
the coil. What should I be looking for next?
Paul
I should clarify my post and say that when I said "open", I meant gate
to the left. Long story short, the guide Cody posted is the same as
what I did to fix it. (Hey, good to know I did it right. Thanks for
adding that.)
freeman
2011-11-22 01:04:38 UTC
Post by Paul
My tower diverter gate has a nervous condition all of a sudden. There is
no switch? Just a coil. In test works fine, but during gameplay and you
get War of the Ents when the gate is held open during the timed play, it
vibrates and sometimes has a hard time holding it open. I know its not
the coil. What should I be looking for next?
Paul
in addition to the other suggestions, you may want to follow service
bulletin 147 - Diverter Gate Adjustment Procedure