Merry Christmas from 'down under' to all at RGP
Dr Manny
2005-12-24 05:29:22 UTC
Merry Christmas RGP.
This newgroup and this newfound hobby has given me a great deal of pleasure
over the last 18 months.
My one poor ol mid 70's Gottlieb pales into insignificance when compared to
some of the magnificent collections and perfectly restored machines featured
in this newsgroup. Still, watching my three year old daughter (standing on
her specially build pinball 'bench' - so she can see the playfield and reach
the flipper button) battle her eight year old brother and five year older
sister, makes it all worthwhile!
I wish all the RGP members a very Merry Christmas, and all the best in
health, wealth, and happiness for the New Year.
Kindest regards
manny
Lloyd Olson
manny
Nwojedi
2005-12-24 06:43:45 UTC
happy festivious and winter solstice to you as well.
Ken In Texas
2005-12-24 11:32:57 UTC
Merry Christmas from the Lone Star Republic of Texas ;)
--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."
Jelle Nelemans
2005-12-24 12:28:59 UTC
Merry Christmas from The Netherlands !!
(....and YES I am wearing my Festivity Oak-Wooden-Shoes and am sitting in
front of my Windmill, enjoying the Tulips)
--
Jelle Nelemans - The Netherlands
________________________________
Rick Swanson
2005-12-24 13:36:59 UTC
Post by Nwojedi
happy festivious and winter solstice to you as well.
Yes! Happy Festivus for the rest of us.
(I wonder if Seinfeld was popular down
under?)

Hmmm.... Do you suppose it's actually
the Summer Solstice down under? ;-)
--
Rick Swanson

Morristown, Tennessee
CARGPB6
Ethan B
2005-12-24 13:39:01 UTC
Where wouldn't it be popular? :-)
Rick Swanson
2005-12-24 14:09:43 UTC
Post by Ethan B
Yes! Happy Festivus for the rest of us. (I wonder if Seinfeld was popular
down under?)
Where wouldn't it be popular? :-)
I don't know if it even aired down
under. So it could be that all the
Aussie and Kiwi rgp'ers just scratch
their head when us North Americans make
Seinfeld references.
--
Rick Swanson

Morristown, Tennessee
CARGPB6
Bryan Kelly
2005-12-24 14:25:02 UTC
May I be so bold as to go out on a limb and say I hated the Seinfeld
show. Kramer was great but the rest of the characters were a pain in
the ass. :-)

my views only

Bryan/Minnesota
CARGPB6
Munch
2005-12-24 14:45:11 UTC
No soup for you, Brian!

BTW- Merry friggin' christmas from New Joisey.
Rick Swanson
2005-12-24 16:11:39 UTC
Post by Bryan Kelly
May I be so bold as to go out on a limb and say I hated the Seinfeld
show. Kramer was great but the rest of the characters were a pain in
the ass. :-)
my views only
Bryan/Minnesota
Well, Bwy-wan, nobody here gives a
rat's butt cheeks about whether you
liked the Seinfeld show or not. It
doesn't surprise me that you liked the
Kramer character though. Because, just
like Kramer, you are nothing but a
"hipster dufus". You sicken me, but
somehow I cannot take my eyes away from
your posts. ; -)
--
Rick Swanson

Morristown, Tennessee
CARGPB6
Bryan Kelly
2005-12-24 16:33:07 UTC
Yeah, Rick, you people are obsessed with me........up here on this
board. It's a bore fest around here without me. ;-)

my opinions only

Bryan/Minnesota
CARGPB6
Dr Manny
2005-12-25 04:46:03 UTC
Rick, my friend ... Seinfeld was *very* popular! I just received (from Santa
Claus, of course) my season 5 and 6 DVD packs, along with a small replica of
the puffy shirt ... very cool, (or very sad - depends on your perspective).
Re. summer vs winter solstice ... I'm sitting here in close to 100 degree
farenheit heat ... boiling!
Merry Christmas to you.
Cheers
manny
Post by Nwojedi
happy festivious and winter solstice to you as well.
Yes! Happy Festivus for the rest of us. (I wonder if Seinfeld was popular
down under?)
Hmmm.... Do you suppose it's actually the Summer Solstice down under?
;-)
--
Rick Swanson
Morristown, Tennessee
CARGPB6
Rick Swanson
2005-12-25 05:10:04 UTC
Post by Dr Manny
Rick, my friend ... Seinfeld was *very* popular! I just received (from Santa
Claus, of course) my season 5 and 6 DVD packs
My wife gave me the first 4 seasons of
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" for Christmas.
Larry David is certainly one talented
fellow. He incorporates allot of his
Seinfeld material into his CYE show.
Being that CYE is on HBO it allows David
to add the dimensions of foul language
and nudity to Seinfeld.
--
Rick Swanson

Morristown, Tennessee
CARGPB6
Dr Manny
2005-12-25 06:18:18 UTC
Elaine nude ... okay.
Jerry, George or Kramer nude ... not okay! :-)
Actually, a few people have told me about the Larry David show - I've seen
it available in the boxed set as well, so I might just check it out.
Cheers
manny
CARGPB6
Bryan Kelly
2005-12-24 13:46:36 UTC
And another Merry Christmas from Minnesota, Manny. :-)

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

Home of the world renowned EXECUTIVE Pin Footie
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album79
Make your pin feel like one of the family.
manny
Dr Manny
2005-12-25 04:49:37 UTC
Aww, you guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy! :-)
I'll even forgive the less then enthusuastic response to perhaps one of the
greatest comedys to emerge from the US (apart from the Presidential
campaigns, of course). ;-)
Merry Christmas to you and your family, Bryan, me ol mate!
Cheers
manny
manny
Dr Manny
manny
SpamInACan
manny
Dr Manny
manny
Cliffy
2005-12-24 17:02:10 UTC
Merry Christmas to you and all my friends in Oz and NZ! Enjoy your
summer as we head into our winter ;)
Post by Dr Manny
Merry Christmas RGP.
This newgroup and this newfound hobby has given me a great deal of pleasure
over the last 18 months.
My one poor ol mid 70's Gottlieb pales into insignificance when compared to
some of the magnificent collections and perfectly restored machines featured
in this newsgroup. Still, watching my three year old daughter (standing on
her specially build pinball 'bench' - so she can see the playfield and reach
the flipper button) battle her eight year old brother and five year older
sister, makes it all worthwhile!
I wish all the RGP members a very Merry Christmas, and all the best in
health, wealth, and happiness for the New Year.
Kindest regards
manny
--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com
Nwojedi
2005-12-24 19:20:35 UTC
i think your right. Aussies are in summer solstice right now. Good
call.
Frank Brown
2005-12-24 20:42:25 UTC
I read yesterday that the traditional holiday meal is a barbeque. That
sounds really good right now as I look at the snow on the ground.

I'll take mine medium rare please!

Seriously, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Hannukah to all - wherever
you happen to flip the 'ol silver ball.

Frank -
call.
Dr Manny
2005-12-25 04:52:44 UTC
Believe me, when you're in 100F heat trying to enjoy a roast turkey, the
snow sounds like a great alternative!
Although a nice "shrimp on the barbie" with an ice cold beer is pretty
special!
Cheers Frank.
manny
call.
Peter K
2005-12-25 20:41:03 UTC
Merry Christmas from Toronto, Ontario, CANADA !
p***@thistledown.com.au
2005-12-25 21:41:46 UTC
Post by Peter K
Merry Christmas from Toronto, Ontario, CANADA !
Some extra Happy Holidays from Down Under, but I think maybe more
"down" under than Manny, coz we haven't cracked 100 F in Victoria. In
fact, I think at the moment we are closer to getting a white Christmas
than ever before!

Good news is it's warming up for tomorrow...

Regards to all.

Nick
Dr Manny
2005-12-26 03:37:09 UTC
Hi Nick
Yep, I'm up Queensland at the moment for the holiday break (I live in
Sydney).
Still, Victoria is the one state where you can have the heater on in the
morning and then the air-conditioner on in the afternoon. :-)
All the best of the season to you.
Cheers
manny
Nick
p***@thistledown.com.au
2005-12-26 04:59:08 UTC
Post by Dr Manny
Hi Nick
Yep, I'm up Queensland at the moment for the holiday break (I live in
Sydney).
Still, Victoria is the one state where you can have the heater on in the
morning and then the air-conditioner on in the afternoon. :-)
All the best of the season to you.
Cheers
manny
Still, Victoria is the one state where you can have the heater on in the
morning and then the air-conditioner on in the afternoon. :-)
You got it spot on today!
Would you believe I left this morning in a jumper, and as I didn't have
anything under it sweated all afternoon coz I couldn't take it off!