He got it!
Chadsgames
2004-05-04 00:15:44 UTC
Randy got the buy it now price for his Medevial Madness!!
Pinlicious
2004-05-04 00:27:15 UTC
Subject: He got it!
Date: 5/3/04 8:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Randy got the buy it now price for his Medevial Madness!!
drop in the bucket to someone is is ri¢hie ri¢h :-)

pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Greg P
2004-05-04 00:39:02 UTC
Yeah, that's a lot more than I paid for my whole game.

This is getting ridiculous....I thought the 2500 bucks the last one got was
nuts. More power to Randy, I'm sure it was a beautiful specimen! I'll bet
he wishes he put an even higher BIN on it.

Ron
2004-05-04 00:57:30 UTC
Well ? is this one all about the money ?

Ron
The Power
2004-05-04 02:04:15 UTC
Post by Ron
Well ? is this one all about the money ?
The collector sets the market......period. Sellers should not get bashed
for selling something for big bucks unless the merchandise is falsely
represented. Once everything is polished and placed on the showroom floor,
it's always left up to the buyer to accept or decline the price.
Besides, a $3500 playfield will hold it's value longer than any $60K
Escalade or Lincoln Navigator!

Mike
Ron

Mike
Randy P.
2004-05-04 02:18:19 UTC
Ask anyone who knows me -- it ain't about the money. I offered it to
several (good) friends for what I had into it, but nobody needed it.

The *only* reason I sold it was because nobody had a good trade that made
sense to me (I've been trying to trade it here on RGP for about a year).
Hopefully I can buy a couple of p/f's I'd like to have with the proceeds,
and hopefully the buyer feels good about what he got.

Randy
Lloyd Olson
2004-05-04 02:24:59 UTC
I know Randy. Top of the line good guy. You'd have a hard time finding a
better friend, or person. He's often offered parts to people here, it isn't
about money with him. He loves pinball. LTG :)
Randy
Ron
2004-05-04 02:28:45 UTC
So what's the problem ? I'm happy for you ! I don't see any problem . You
didn't hold a gun to anyone's head . I'm just trying to understand why
Pinlicous thinks it's bad that someone in the business makes too much profit
on something but it's ok for a collector to make a nice hit .

Ron
Pinlicious
2004-05-04 03:30:04 UTC
Subject: Re: He got it!
Date: 5/3/04 10:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time
So what's the problem ? I'm happy for you ! I don't see any problem . You
didn't hold a gun to anyone's head . I'm just trying to understand why
Pinlicous thinks it's bad that someone in the business makes too much profit
on something but it's ok for a collector to make a nice hit .
Ron
FIRST OFF, CONGRATS TO MR. PECK! :-)
he has offered the pf here countless times looking for trades. to him, it was
not about the dollars. HE IS IN THE HOBBY FOR THE LOVE OF IT! :-)

NOW...

ron, are you on DETROIT CRACK!? :-)

how do you compare a nos mint bd cc mm pf with an afm found in a dumpster
passed off as a $5300 machine?

would you say it is the same as selling snake oil disguised as polishing kits?

or maybe paying a premium on a game only to not have the flippers rebuilt?

$3500 for a nos mint bd cc pf to THE MOST POPULAR PINBALL MACHINE EVER MADE!
seems like fair market value to me. heck, he probably would have gotten more if
he had asked. it did get sucked up with the bin.

THE BUYER WILL GET WHAT HE PAID FOR, NOT SOME BS DESCRIPTION WROTE BY MONEY
HUNGRY RESELLERS WITH PICTURES SENT TO MARY-KAY FOR SOME TOUCHING UP.

so mr. smarts, you getting the picture..? :-)

pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
who is wondering if everyone with the first name ron around here just doesn't
"get it".
I'M SURE A COUPLE DO...
Ron
2004-05-04 04:14:21 UTC
Well maybe that's the problem , I've been smoking N.Y crack all this time .
But my hearing IS FINE !
Let's take the 'love of the hobby ' out of it , and I'm not talking about
the T.C's AFM deal OR snake oil . Let's keep it simple .

If a guy in the business ( whether he's well liked or hated ) buys a pinball
machine or N.O.S playfield for $1,000 and sells it on e-bay for $5,000 is it
the same as a collector who buys a pin or N.O.S playfield for $1,000 and
sells it on e-bay for $5,000 ?

I'M SURE A COUPLE DO...
Pinlicious
2004-05-04 04:42:31 UTC
Date: 5/4/04 12:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Well maybe that's the problem , I've been smoking N.Y crack all this time .
But my hearing IS FINE !
Let's take the 'love of the hobby ' out of it , and I'm not talking about
the T.C's AFM deal OR snake oil . Let's keep it simple .
If a guy in the business ( whether he's well liked or hated ) buys a pinball
machine or N.O.S playfield for $1,000 and sells it on e-bay for $5,000 is it
the same as a collector who buys a pin or N.O.S playfield for $1,000 and
sells it on e-bay for $5,000 ?
i think you are missing the point ron, no matter how much i try pointing it out
to you, you seem to be digging for something here...

a nos pf was for sale, not extortion, snake oit, blown out machines, polished
turds, or fake screen names...

pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Ron
2004-05-04 12:12:53 UTC
Ok then we both think the other is missing the point .I think it was a
perfectly easy and fair question to ask even though you avoided answering.
My gripe is that I think 'some' ( not all ) people on this newgroup have a
double standard that it's ok for someone in the hobby to make a profit but
not someone in the business , period . If people disagree with me that's
fine , it's my opinion . I'm not puposely trying to single anyone out ( like
T.C or Randy or even you ) .
If people in the business made more money off of pinball machines , maybe
Williams would still be in business . Let me repeat one more time just so
people don't think I'm going around picking on people . I"m GLAD Randy made
a good sale , I'm sure he's a great guy , I know he offered it for trade ,
I'm sure the buyer will be happy, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT . If I
accomplish anything by my posts , maybe people will at least think about it
and see a little truth in what I'm saying .

Ron
Inbiz4us
2004-05-04 12:31:37 UTC
Post by Ron
If I
accomplish anything by my posts
that's a big * IF *

and usually you don't accomplish much.

cheers,

grover ( who is now ducking from gun slingin' rootin' tootin' ron )

<over the cb you here>

calling for Back up ! Back UP ! SHOTS FIRED...... SHOTS FIRED... we got a few
rgp'ers down ! SHOTS FIRED !

www.sweetpinballz.com
Ron

www.sweetpinballz.com
Inbiz4us
2004-05-04 13:05:41 UTC
Post by Ron
Grover the only thing positive I could say about you is that you make a good
argument for birth control .
Ron
not only to you act like a teenage redneck with your gun slingin' comments.....

your comebacks sound like you stole them off your 8 yr. kid.

pathetic to say the least....

but keep postin' ron, i'm laughin the whole time ( at you of course )

cheers,

grover

www.sweetpinballz.com
Inbiz4us
2004-05-04 13:11:40 UTC
Post by Ron
Grover the only thing positive I could say about you is that you make a good
argument for birth control .
Ron
not only do you act like a teenage redneck with your gun slingin' comments.....

but your comebacks sound like you stole them off your 8 yr. kid.

www.sweetpinballz.com
Pinlicious
2004-05-04 19:59:51 UTC
Date: 5/4/04 8:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Ok then we both think the other is missing the point .I think it was a
perfectly easy and fair question to ask even though you avoided answering.
avoided nothing. you weren't asking realistic questions.