Playfield Polishing Kit? Your Opinion?
Terry Buchheit
2004-04-16 03:31:58 UTC
I see that Treasure Cove is offering a playfield polishing kit for
over $89 on ebay. Consists of 3 "special formulated" cleaner/polish
creams and about 6+
different polishing pads in both 2 inch and 4 inch sizes that attach
to a drill.
Pictures look impressive but $89 bucks for polishing pads and waxes???
A little rediculous don'cha think? I ain't buying but looks like
another Mr. Shinynutz
parts polisher scam?
Your opinion?
Terry
mark french
2004-04-16 03:38:56 UTC
89 bucks is a rip.
Fred Kemper
2004-04-16 04:02:36 UTC
Opinion: If it's too high, don't buy!

If it's not, buy a lot...

--
Fred
TX
Terry
Pokepin
Terry
John Wart, jr
2004-04-16 04:52:35 UTC
I'm sold, I guess I qualify as a "beta tester" if you will, here's the
review I posted earlier this week:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L2ED31908

But, look at it this way - buy it direct from Allen here:
http://www.treasure-cove.net/polishRPG.htm

Get it for 79.92 instead of the eBay price, and get a money back
guarantee...how can you go wrong, if it doesn't work as it is advertised,
you send it back, get your $$ back... talk about no risk!
--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com
Terry
achristensen
2004-04-16 12:22:22 UTC
Treasurecove is becoming the Ronco of Pinball - whats next a pocket
plunnger, or portable legs that fit in your wallet??
TheKorn
2004-04-16 08:05:16 UTC
Post by Terry Buchheit
I see that Treasure Cove is offering a playfield polishing kit for
over $89 on ebay. Consists of 3 "special formulated" cleaner/polish
creams and about 6+
different polishing pads in both 2 inch and 4 inch sizes that attach
to a drill.
Pictures look impressive but $89 bucks for polishing pads and waxes???
A little rediculous don'cha think? I ain't buying but looks like
another Mr. Shinynutz
parts polisher scam?
Your opinion?
I wouldn't call it a scam. A scam would imply something dishonest, a sort of
hucksterism.

Mirror balls are a scam. Treasure Cove's stuff (whether it be their machines or
their polishing kits) aren't scams. They are what they say they are.

With that said, what you're really paying for is convenience. Can you put together
a polishing kit on your own? Sure. IIRC, Allen has even told people how to
on the group. Similarly, can you work your own games so they look as good as
TC's? Absolutely and without a doubt!

So just like grabbing a set of Pinball Pro speakers, it's about convenience vs. time.
If you want to do it yourself, you can save big money. If you don't want to think about
it and/or have someone else do the legwork for you (which isn't a _bad_ thing, just
different), then there's the TC option.

_Personally_ I won't be buying one, but then again, I don't buy ppro's stuff, either.
(I'm the kind of person where if I can do it myself, it's usually faster and easier for
me TO do it myself.)
Harry Reimer
2004-04-16 14:30:59 UTC
I disagree.

Everyone is always looking at their playfields in awe... Asking Allen how he
did that... and now he is not only telling us how, he is selling a kit to do
it.. I think its AWESOME that he is helping the community on this. They are
not going to get rich selling these kits, I think they are offering a
service to the community... If allen makes a dvd on how they restore their
machines SIGN ME UP.

Harry
Terry
Steve Hess
Terry
TreasureCove
2004-04-16 15:54:21 UTC
Hello Everyone, ... first of all, let me apologize, in advance for this
post, because I don't normally respond to posts such as this one, but I'm a
little upset about this one because of all the time and effort I've spent
promoting this hobby and trying to be helpful at ALL times.

1) $89 for the Combo Kit is *NOT* a ridulous price! With it, you'll be able
to restore maybe 10 games or more, so that works out to about 8 bucks a game
which will save you countless hours of scrubbing with that NOVUS .... which,
BTW, Action Pinball sells for $18.75 plus shipping for all three bottles,
... my price is only $27.96 for the 3 bottles of PowerCut ... and THEY WILL
RUN CIRCLES around NOVUS for cleaning a playfield .... saving you countless
hours of hand-scrubbing!

"rediculous"? "Shinynutz" ?? ... My opinion on "you"? .... "work a few
extra hours this week at "McDonalds" to earn enough money to actually try
the product before you go start spuing crap" ...

2) $89 is a rip? ... NO!!!!! and I'm williing to prove it "ANY DAY OF THE
FRIGGIN WEEK" .... I even did a 30 min. video "Show n Tell" showing a
Twilight Zone, Flinstones, 8 Ball Deluxe and a JunkYard .... for FREE!!!!,
even though it WASN'T NEEDED!!!!! ... and I even spent last Sunday
traveling 80 miles up to Columbus Indiana to actually clean three of John
Warts playfields showing him the process and how well it works .... yes, I
do agree, that spending $89 on restoring the playfield on that one
"HARDBODY" game of yours might be a bit much .... but when you get out of
school and quit that lousey job of working at Wendy's emptying trash cans
... $89 won't be so bad!

3) RONCO??? ... screw me? ........ noooooooooooooooooo, ... screw
YOU!....... I've given out many many many TIPS on how we restore games in
posts on this newsgroup, answered COUNTLESS hundreds of techincal questions
& help thru emails during the past two years ... even though MANY PEOPLE
think I should have never SAID the First word about how we do "what we do"
to make the games so nice!!!! Have I ever bad-mouthed you? ... NO .....
Do I deserve your stupid childish coment: NO ..... here's one of your
auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13725&item=3284661559
.... Ronco?, ... no, ... but you realy need to stop letting your 10 year old
son with the $19 throw-away kodak camera take pictures of your pinball
machines!!! ... oh, and BTW, most CAMERAS ***do***** have the ability to
focus and properly adjust for light!! ...... oh, I get it, .... Ronco and
Ron Popeil is NOW selling an INSTANT CAMERA!!!!! ... no, I'm not done with
you yet Ronco,
.... here's another post of yours "This is a nice Twister that works all
the way except the motor for the plater and the Magnets do not work" ....
I really HATE to tell you this ARNIE, .... but this game doen't WORK AT ALL
and is ZERO FUN when the plater and the magnet don't WORK!!!!! .....
maybe Ron Popeil could use you in his TV SPOTs ...... because you SURE know
how to Stretch the truth!!!!! ......

4) Hey Korn, ... thanks for the post ... much appreciated, .... let me ask
though , .. where do you live? ,,,, because there's a T Korn in Fort Wayne
Indiana that just purchased a kit!

Don't get me wrong ....I can understand the comments .... it's a free board
and anyone can post anything they want .... (hence my above post) :P ....
but I've always tried to make "HELPFUL", & "USEFUL" , and "EDUCATED" posts
(excepting the above) ..... and have always tried to promote this Pinball
Hobby and have made "Every effort" to continually "RISE ABOVE" the
"MIS-CONCEPTION" that this sport is made up of nothing but CHAIN-SMOKING
ALCOHOLIC GYPSIES ... trying to screw anyone and everyone with every
SALE!!!!!!

My BIGGEST problem this morning is that I forgot to take my VALIUM when I
got up!!! ...... my bad!!

Allen "I'm calling Walgreens right now" Shope
www.treasure-cove.net
Terry
Lloyd Olson
2004-04-16 16:28:01 UTC
No need to apologize. You have a right to answer posts.

And while your combo kit may not be for everybody, for a lot of people it can
be a bargain. Especially for the new people. All the stuff in one place and
the DVD. For a new person to be able to do 10 games and the education, plus
having their games look better, is a bargain.

More people should be thanking you for sharing the things you've learned and
putting the combo kit on the market. Any of it could come back as competition
with you for selling games that look great. LTG :)
hours of hand-scrubbing!
trb
2004-04-16 21:39:42 UTC
I agree with Lloyd. I thanked Allen and Co in an earlier post and I
will thank them again. The way I feel is if the playfield on my one
machine can shine even 1/4 as much as Treasure Coves machines, than
the roughly $80 is well worth the money - Yes, even for just one
machine. I seriously am looking forward to receiving my kit so I can
shop out my Whitewater just to see it shine. And no, I am not
affiliated with Treasure Cove in any way - I've never even met them.
I'm just an rgp lurker who decided to speak up for someone who is
interested in helping others in this hobby.
Regards,
Tom
TheKorn
2004-04-16 17:52:20 UTC
Post by TreasureCove
Hello Everyone, ... first of all, let me apologize, in advance for this
post, because I don't normally respond to posts such as this one, but I'm a
little upset about this one because of all the time and effort I've spent
promoting this hobby and trying to be helpful at ALL times.
1) $89 for the Combo Kit is *NOT* a ridulous price!
And besides, a guy has to _make_ a living. It's a business; businesses have to
make money.

You should really consider that valium, though. ;)
Post by TreasureCove
With it, you'll be able
to restore maybe 10 games or more, so that works out to about 8 bucks a game
which will save you countless hours of scrubbing with that NOVUS ....
Hmmm, that actually wasn't clear from the web page. Either I read it too fast or
it's not on there. (And if it's not on there, it _should_ be.) $8 a game isn't even
a poorly repro'd slingshot.
Post by TreasureCove
4) Hey Korn, ... thanks for the post ... much appreciated, .... let me ask
though , .. where do you live? ,,,, because there's a T Korn in Fort Wayne
Indiana that just purchased a kit!
Not me; I'm an Illinois boy. :) (And "TheKorn" has absolutely zero to do with
my real life.)
Hey, at least you admit it. ;)
JC
2004-04-16 21:12:38 UTC
TheKorn <***@TheKorn.net> wrote in message news:<***@InkSpace>...

<snip>
Post by TheKorn
Post by TreasureCove
4) Hey Korn, ... thanks for the post ... much appreciated, .... let me ask
though , .. where do you live? ,,,, because there's a T Korn in Fort Wayne
Indiana that just purchased a kit!
Not me; I'm an Illinois boy. :) (And "TheKorn" has absolutely zero to do with
my real life.)
Korn, I'd gotten the impression you were a Chicago boy? (yes,
everyone, we know Chicago is *in* Illinois....but there is a
difference!)

-JC-
TheKorn
2004-04-17 00:17:51 UTC
Post by JC
<snip>
Post by TheKorn
Post by TreasureCove
4) Hey Korn, ... thanks for the post ... much appreciated, .... let me ask
though , .. where do you live? ,,,, because there's a T Korn in Fort Wayne
Indiana that just purchased a kit!
Not me; I'm an Illinois boy. :) (And "TheKorn" has absolutely zero to do with
my real life.)
Korn, I'd gotten the impression you were a Chicago boy? (yes,
everyone, we know Chicago is *in* Illinois....but there is a
difference!)
Hey, SOMEONE has been paying attention!

Yes, I'm in Chi-town. Well, Skokie to be exact, which does share a border with Chi-town.
Close e