Cyclone Flags
John
2006-04-13 19:07:10 UTC
Does anyone have scans or repros of any of the Cyclone pinball flags?
Let's start a collection and compile a full set!

I checked the archives and there apparently used to be a dealer who
sold them (with springs), but I dont see them available anywhere now.
Randy P.
2006-04-13 20:36:37 UTC
These were done a while back by (I think it was) David Eisner. Now Mark
Clayton plans on making them, but it's been a long time coming.

My question is, has anyone figured out where the *all* go?

Randy
Bill Ung
2006-04-13 20:46:34 UTC
On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:36:37 -0700, "Randy P."
Post by Randy P.
Post by John
Does anyone have scans or repros of any of the Cyclone pinball flags?
Let's start a collection and compile a full set!
I checked the archives and there apparently used to be a dealer who
sold them (with springs), but I dont see them available anywhere now.
These were done a while back by (I think it was) David Eisner. Now Mark
Clayton plans on making them, but it's been a long time coming.
I have an image here that someone sent to me showing 14 different
flags. Somewhere, I thought I heard there were actually 17 different
flags in a set. Of actual printable images, I only appear to have 10
flags.

It would be great if someone put a full set together, complete with
the mounting hardware. I hope Mark produces them soon...
Post by Randy P.
My question is, has anyone figured out where the *all* go?
Right now, I can count 10 flags on back of the Cyclone promo flyer.
Of course, it's not the same 10 flags that I have printable graphics
for. :-(
--
+-- Bill Ung ------------------------------------------+
| ÁTTACK FROM MÁRS: Come here, tasty human!! |
Pinwest
2006-04-13 23:19:25 UTC
You are right, I was the one who first made this set. I was going to
make them again but Mark decided to do them so I backed off. I had
re-drawn the whole set and also figured out where they all go. I use
to provide a placement guide with the sets I sold before.

If it turns out that Mark does not want to do them, then I would be
more than happy to start making them again but I am not going to put
out the same product as Mark because it is counter productive to the
hobby.

David...
Mark Clayton
2006-04-14 01:36:11 UTC
David:

Thanks, and I agree. I now have the flag springs on hand (hundreds of them),
and the original instructions which will go out with my kit. The flags
will come pre-cut on matte white vinyl, which will look like paper but
should last and look better.

The instructions show the location of 11 of the 17 flags, and the
others can go wherever they look good.

Might have these ready to go by next week, but definitely before
Allentown.

-Mark
--
http://pinballpal.com/
David...
John
2006-04-19 15:08:41 UTC
Here are some good shots of four flags. I hadn't seen the one to the
left of the ramp entrance before.
http://www.mantisamusements.com/cyclone.protkit.htm

They differ from the images in the flyer. Of course, I imagine
production differed from the flyer. I've seen the Canadian and French
flags more commonly. In fact, I've never seen pennants on the spook
house of an actual machine.

Bill - would you email me the ten flags that you have? Thanks!
***@REMOVEalcoholismcouncil.org
John
2006-04-20 15:38:16 UTC
I checked our Home Depot store yesterday and found springs that looked
right. They're "Handyman Springs SP-9606" from Prime-Line Slide-Co.
They come two to a package and are 2.5" long. I cut them in half to
make four flags. They come with a loop on the ends which fits
perfectly around the screw in the post tops and are fairly easy to bend
into place.

Here's a link to the company, (but it doesnt show the specific
springs): http://www.prime-line-products.com/catalog/SP.pdf

I decided to personalize my Cyclone (for lack of any 'official' flags)
and made a USA flag, a State of Ohio flag, an Ohio State University
banner, and a Xavier University banner. I'm VERY pleased with how well
it all turned out. If anyone wants the graphics file, or pictures of
the project, email me.
David Gersic
2006-04-24 02:06:39 UTC
Post by John
Does anyone have scans or repros of any of the Cyclone pinball flags?
I have the images that were posted a long time ago. They're in Photoshop
format (*.psd) files. Send email if you want a copy of the zip file.
--
| David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
| Porsche: Pulled Over Regularly So Cops Have Enough |