Big Bang Bar
mnpinball
2005-12-12 19:21:44 UTC
Anyone else know the status on progress ?
I talked with Joe Blackwell about 3 weeks ago and he said Gene was
making quite a few trips to Stern Lately for info and parts, etc...
Seems he is doing something but not sure what the status is.

Anyone interested in selling their spot, I was going to put money down
on one but didn't at the '04 expo. I sure have aquired a taste for
this one since playing alot of it on my pinmame windows version .

I know Llyod is reading this, hello Llyod !! :)
mnpinball
2005-12-12 19:28:42 UTC
Sorry my typing... Lloyd ...
Lloyd Olson
2005-12-12 19:36:14 UTC
mnpinball
2005-12-12 20:01:29 UTC
Sorry, typo. Lloyd. :)
w***@comcast.net
2005-12-12 22:06:40 UTC
BBB - From the pictures I see on the website it does look like it's
turning out pretty nice. All the people who put money down on this
game will be quite happy with the finished machine. Kerry is doing a
great job on it and his work is perfect.

George
nomad
2005-12-13 00:07:26 UTC
The double secret probation website. If you don't know what it is you
didn't buy a game and nobody will tell you anything for fear of being
shunned from the circle of trust;)

nomad
Bryan Kelly
2005-12-13 00:45:06 UTC
Actually, this was covered here about a month ago. If you check
google, you'll see where the project stands.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

Home of the world renowned EXECUTIVE Pin Footie
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album79
Make your pin feel like one of the family
nomad
g***@yahoo.com
2005-12-13 01:11:22 UTC
The only thing that gets me about this, is that they have this
incredibly super secret BBS that only the members can access ...

but then they expect others to "purchase their rights" on their good
word alone

If you want to buy and sell rights, you should make all the information
available to everyone

This thing of keeping it secret is for 5 year olds

and the excuse that some want it to fail is insane .... Wanting it to
fail, is like wanting to see the hobby take a huge hit ... It's like me
saying that I want all my machines to drop in value by 15%, because if
this thing does fail, there will be some ed off collectors out
there who may end up badmouthing the hobby as a whole

If Kerry Stair quits or Gene were to suddenly go to the great pinball
pasture in the sky, the odds are, no one would be getting anything. If
I am not mistaken, this thing was set up as a private corporation. (my
opinion only)

It's very risky ....

but there is hope, because Gene does seem to be putting some money into
IPB and he seems to be trying to get the companies act together

I hope to God the machines are finished and that they are perfect, but
I don't get the concept of selling the rights for more than what was
originally paid without full disclosure of all facts good and bad

my two cents only, you don't have to take a flame stroke ...

=)

Gary/Arizona
nomad
Bryan Kelly
2005-12-13 01:45:31 UTC
I could probably get you access, Gary, if you were considered one of
the "good ole boys."

Sorry, no forum for you. :-)

nomad
kirb
2005-12-13 02:15:41 UTC
Post by g***@yahoo.com
[...]
This above post is a perfect reason why the forum isn't public. What
good would it do for anyone outside of the project? Answer- none. This
project means nothing to pinball in general.

When you have good friends in pinball you can view the group as much as
you may like. Looks like you won't be reading it anytime soon (it's
really not that interesting other than the photos of parts and
semi-completed stuff)

Yet another failed Brian bash.

Kirb
Lloyd Olson
2005-12-13 02:20:55 UTC
It's been posted here before. Anybody can access the page ( Robert Winter's,
not "theirs) you can only post if you've ordered one.

You didn't have problem telling everybody to order one before. So you should
hope it gets done.
nomad
p***@thistledown.com.au
2005-12-13 07:06:45 UTC
Mr Gary/Arizona

"Mr. Australia Thistledown: "

Congrats - you worked out what .com.au means. Good work.

"I am not bashing Bryan"

You are the only one that sees it that way.

"I am simply saying that I think Bryan had info about the BBB project
that is not out there in the open
I think he had that info, because the minute he offered the BBB rights
for sale, I sent him 3 emails asking him to call a certain person, who
I believe he called
That person is respected in the business and had tried to help put the
BBB's together
and this person didn't say anything bad bout Gene, he simply explained

the frustrations involved with the project to date"

OK then - show your cards and forward me the emails.

"Look, if you are so confident that you are going to get it and that it

is going to be perfect, why the need for the big essay?"

At what point did the word "perfect" come up?
If you are so confident that this won't happen, why the many posts that
amount to a lot more than my "essay"?
You use this as a Bryan Bashing tool. That's why the essay, your
bashing is uncalled for.

"Just sit back and laugh after you recieve your perfect mint game"

I hope I **receive** it instead. I won't have any reason to laugh
though I'll be happy.

"I hope that happens by the way ... "

Good on you!

"but hating me won't make it appear at your doorstep any faster"

Huh? Who said I hated you? I think you are a fine, educated gentleman,
with strong views and not afraid to face up to the good ole boys. Well
done, congratulations. Did I mention any rush to get it to my door
step? No, that's just your two cents.

Inflaming the position by claiming that there is some form of hate
going on. Hmmmm. It seems to be either paranoia or classic trolling.
CornCob
2005-12-13 09:56:09 UTC
At what point will you guys admit BBB is a failure?
How long will you wait?
What if in another 16 months, no machines have been shipped?
I give Gene a lot of credit for trying this, but it would have been
better if he had put his own money on the line and then let all of us
have a chance at buying the machines when they were done
Like every other business does in America
They build and then you buy
verses the collectors financing the deal and then praying that Gene
gets it done
the interest was there
Gene should have taken all of the risk and built 500 of them

500 off? now thats a lot of wonger to front up for anyone. Given he
sold to collectors, mostly on RGP say 180'ish (last i heard?) How
would he shift these remaining 320units? More collectors? Operators?

Ping

then sold them for $5000 each and made a little bit of profit
my two cents
Gary/Arizona
GA Pinhead
2005-12-13 03:20:00 UTC
But it might make the time go faster!

John!
kirb
2005-12-13 12:36:27 UTC
Bryan!!!
Care to step in.
Is Gary bashing you?
Is Kirb correct?
...hopefully this can prevent the gary-kirb-gary-kirb postings.
Not that I mind reading. I find it entertaining.
Just got back upstairs from busting a bftk so I am in a good mood for
some rgp reading!!!
"Hey, I'm not bashing XXX...don't you think it's stupid that someone
bought something from XXX?" Please.

Gary is pissed because no one will let him view BBB progress. With
posts like he makes, I can see why.

Kirb
g***@yahoo.com
2005-12-13 03:05:21 UTC
Mr. Australia Thistledown:

I am not bashing Bryan

I am simply saying that I think Bryan had info about the BBB project
that is not out there in the open

I think he had that info, because the minute he offered the BBB rights
for sale, I sent him 3 emails asking him to call a certain person, who
I believe he called

That person is respected in the business and had tried to help put the
BBB's together

and this person didn't say anything bad bout Gene, he simply explained
the frustrations involved with the project to date

Look, if you are so confident that you are going to get it and that it
is going to be perfect, why the need for the big essay?

Just sit back and laugh after you recieve your perfect mint game

I hope that happens by the way ...

but hating me won't make it appear at your doorstep any faster

just my two cents

=)

Gary/Arizona
Wondering why people that are this confident would feel the need to
even respond to me?!?!?!?!?!?!