Value of a 1957 Williams Deluxe Baseball game
Corvette10
2011-06-29 19:15:58 UTC
I am looking at buying a 1957 Williams Deluxe Baseball game like the
have in Mytrle Beach South Carolina. I have a found a few for sale bu
they seem over priced. Does anyone have a clue what this machine shoul
be selling for?

I have seen one for over $4400 and another closer to $3900. Bot
prices seem a bit high.

Any help would be appreciated

--
Corvette1
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.co
Reinhard
2011-06-29 19:23:41 UTC
Pitch and bat baseball games are one of the more valuable items these days
for collectors (besides Big Ball Bowlers). The prices you quoted are high
for some buyers but a good price for others if they are in really nice
shape. I have heard Restorations going for much more from titles (Like
$7K).

Unless you are getting a real project game, I would expect to pay at least
$1K where-is-as-is for most titles.

RB
I am looking at buying a 1957 Williams Deluxe Baseball game like they
have in Mytrle Beach South Carolina. I have a found a few for sale but
they seem over priced. Does anyone have a clue what this machine should
be selling for?
I have seen one for over $4400 and another closer to $3900. Both
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com
Wallgames.com
2011-06-29 22:51:48 UTC
I love mine. They used to sell for a LOT less. When I was a teenager, I
was offered one for $75. My Dad wouldn't allow me to buy it, because he
thought that was too much.

In the 1980s, all those games sold for next to nothing, including (and
especially) ball bowlers.

-Bob Carroll
Josh A.
2011-06-29 23:42:19 UTC
Post by Corvette10
I have seen one for over $4400 and another closer to $3900. Bot
prices seem a bit high.QUOTE]
The $3,900 one on eBay looks like a pretty nice restoration job, bu
since it hasn't sold after several relistings you might be able to ge
it cheaper (probably not a lot less than that, though).
http://cgi.ebay.com/26076835968
--
Josh A
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.co
Corvette10
2011-06-30 11:40:14 UTC
So the consensus is if there is a nice restoration then the value of th
machine would be in the 3K range? I was hoping to find one for abou
$1800, but that sounds like a pipe dream