What new Stern games come next?
kidorbit
2009-06-17 13:22:32 UTC
Good morning all. Does anyone know what the next round of new Stern
games will be? With NBA out the only other one I have heard of is Big
Buck Hunter. What comes after that?
Jay
2009-06-17 13:34:46 UTC

I heard rumor of a Ozzy game. True?
John in WI
2009-06-17 14:04:54 UTC

If so, Stern must have a death wish.....
Dan Q.
2009-06-17 15:43:01 UTC
How about a 30 Rock game, which a giant leering Alec Baldwin head on
the translite! That'd go over big!
funrudy
2009-06-17 16:23:32 UTC
In article
<f94032e2-9d91-43c1-90e7-***@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>,
"Dan Q." <***@new.rr.com> wrote:

> How about a 30 Rock game, which a giant leering Alec Baldwin head on
> the translite! That'd go over big!

The Onion says it is going to be:
American Idol.

One of the modes could be Gaydar.
ceckitti
2009-06-17 15:43:31 UTC
On Jun 17, 10:04 am, John in WI <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jay wrote:
> > On Jun 17, 9:22 am, kidorbit <***@kidorbit.com> wrote:
> >> Good morning all. Does anyone know what the next round of new Stern
> >> games will be? With NBA out the only other one I have heard of is Big
> >> Buck Hunter. What comes after that?
>
> > I heard rumor of a Ozzy game. True?
>
> If so, Stern must have a death wish.....

Im surprised there hasnt been a Transformers game yet.

Tom
Rare Hero
2009-06-17 16:01:14 UTC
On Jun 17, 8:43 am, ceckitti <***@aol.com> wrote:
> Im surprised there hasnt been a Transformers game yet.

There was gonna be - but it didn't work out. :( :( :(

There have been plenty of rumors of a rock/music themed game. Every
arcade I've seen in the past month (bowling alley, movie theater,
pizza joint) has the new Guitar Hero Arcade. If that is successful
for ops, seems like now would be the right time for that rock themed
pin! They could go w/ the current hot game titles (Guitar Hero or
Rock Band) and have a ton of music on it. However, all that
licensing might be cost prohibitive....

Greg
TBK
2009-06-17 16:06:02 UTC
A Guitar Hero pin would rock especially with a built in sub!

~Ron R
TBK=The Biggest Kid
"Route-rat extraordinaire!"
Bingovit
2009-06-17 16:23:40 UTC
On 17 jun, 18:06, TBK <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> A Guitar Hero pin would rock especially with a built in sub!
>
> ~Ron R
> TBK=The Biggest Kid
> "Route-rat extraordinaire!"

Futurama, bite my shiny metal pinball! :))

Another Terminator would be cool with the new upcoming trilogy and the
pin could include all three movies!

I certainly hope BBH is a no brainer cause that would really suck!

Maybe a Dexter pin? NCIS, Las Vegas,... There aren't a lot of good
licenses out there for the moment IMO!

What about a WWE pin? Four multiballs, RAW, ECW, Superstars and
Smackdown. Wrestlemania wizard mode.
Instead of Jackpot you hear the original anouncers, JR an Jerry the
king lawler shouting some of the great moves like OH NO, TRIANGLE
CHOKE / PEDIGREE! / Whisper in the wind /...
And you have animations that show you the move. And when something
like super jackpot is ready they call out 'That's a submissions hold'
and if you score: He taps out

Just some randomly crazy ideas. Certainly not the best theme but I
think it could be great fun. It could provide an action packed pin
with original WWE figurines and stuff like that.
All the greats like Undertaker, HHH, Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Ric
Flair, Vince McMahon.
Rare Hero
2009-06-17 16:49:40 UTC
On Jun 17, 9:23 am, Bingovit <***@skynet.be> wrote:
> Another Terminator would be cool with the new upcoming trilogy and the
> pin could include all three movies!

What upcoming Trilogy? Salvation was a total piece of shit, and a
financial BOMB. Sarah Connor Chornicles was cancelled. Terminator is
DONE for quite some time.

Greg
ldnayman
2009-06-17 18:22:25 UTC
If there's one thing I love, it's our daily "Stern Theme Thread!"

Allow me to comment:

On Jun 17, 12:23�pm, Bingovit <***@skynet.be> wrote:

> Futurama, bite my shiny metal pinball! :))

Not a terrible idea but it's pretty niche. Would think this would do
worse than Family Guy which is at least on a network.

> Another Terminator would be cool with the new upcoming trilogy and the
> pin could include all three movies!

Wrong. Terminator is dead, this last turkey killed it. I'm pretty sure
it made less than T3. We'll see another Terminator movie in maybe 10
years.

> I certainly hope BBH is a no brainer cause that would really suck!

As much as everyone is pissing and moaning over this one, it's not any
worse than the themes most people suggest. BBH is probably the most
popular arcade game right now, virtually every bar I go to has it, and
it's got a good redneck factor which isn't bad for some locations. And
it was probably a cheap license. Who knows, could be interesting. At
least it's not another movie.

> Maybe a Dexter pin? NCIS, Las Vegas,... There aren't a lot of good
> licenses out there for the moment IMO!

You answered your own suggestion there...TV is a barren wasteland for
licenses and these are even worse than 24.

> What about a WWE pin? Four multiballs, RAW, ECW, Superstars and
> Smackdown. Wrestlemania wizard mode.
> Instead of Jackpot you hear the original anouncers, JR an Jerry the
> king lawler shouting some of the great moves like OH NO, TRIANGLE
> CHOKE / PEDIGREE! / Whisper in the wind /...
> And you have animations that show you the move. And when something
> like super jackpot is ready they call out 'That's a submissions hold'
> and if you score: He taps out

Don't know what to say but...no. Sounds awful and it will never
happen. A wrestling theme might do ok in a gay bar but that's about
it.
Aaron Cooke
2009-06-17 18:46:03 UTC
If they still insist on doing licensed themes they really need to stop
trying to hop on the current "hot" property (that will be outdated by
the time the pin comes out) and go with something that has proven
longevity. I still think monty python and the holy grail would make a
great game.
Lloyd Olson
2009-06-17 18:57:56 UTC
Let us not forget Get Fuzzy or Bob The Squirrel. Both of those titles would
easily sell 5,000 pins each.

And don't leave out Crazy Levi's Super Fun Pinball Fantastiporium., be
really cool to honor his future arcade, and another guaranteed 5,000 unit or
more hit for Stern Pinball !
LTG :)

Sam
2009-06-17 19:13:59 UTC
Lloyd Olson wrote:
> Let us not forget Get Fuzzy or Bob The Squirrel. Both of those titles would
> easily sell 5,000 pins each.
>
> And don't leave out Crazy Levi's Super Fun Pinball Fantastiporium., be
> really cool to honor his future arcade, and another guaranteed 5,000 unit or
> more hit for Stern Pinball !
> LTG :)
>

> "Aaron Cooke" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> If they still insist on doing licensed themes they really need to stop
>> trying to hop on the current "hot" property (that will be outdated by
>> the time the pin comes out) and go with something that has proven
>> longevity. I still think monty python and the holy grail would make a
>> great game.

They should re-do X-Files. That last movie was a real winner. I was
hoping one of their geniuses would get the Star Trek license but missed
the boat on that one.

Sam
Abby Normal
2009-07-13 15:06:07 UTC
The Mighty Boosh would make a great pin, but I fear it's not
accessible enough to the average American. Too bad, the art alone
would be awesome.

Iron Man would rock, Harry Potter would also be good. But knowing
Stern they'll opt for something that's already jumped the shark.
brokenvette
2009-06-17 19:12:24 UTC

How about When Harry met Sally. I can just hear the fake orgasm now.
danfritsch
2009-06-18 16:21:51 UTC
On Jun 17, 2:46 pm, Aaron Cooke <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> If they still insist on doing licensed themes they really need to stop
> trying to hop on the current "hot" property (that will be outdated by
> the time the pin comes out) and go with something that has proven
> longevity.  I still think monty python and the holy grail would make a
> great game.

Monty Python would be great. That movie spans generations. My 20
something friends all know and recite lines from it.
skbrothers4
2009-06-18 17:27:34 UTC
My 11 year old (and all his friends) also recite lines from Holy
Grail.

If Stern ever "Steps up to the plate" on this title, I'm going to have
to do some splainin' to the Mrs.

"Uh...what new pinball machine honey?"

...either that, or I'll be getting new countertops, drapes, ceramic
tile in the bathroom, bigger closet....etc....

;-)

I hope to be faced with this dilema someday as a Monty Python pin is
my (pardon the pun) Holy Grail!

Steve
John Zitterkopf
2009-06-18 03:07:24 UTC
Star Trek.
If they start now; it'll be ready about the same time as the next movie.
Ironman
2009-06-18 06:49:33 UTC
Too bad they couldn't have been working on "Public Enemies" and a cool
gangster theme.

Maybe they are working on Harry Potter for when the movies end.

Why didn't a "LOST" pin ever come about?

Obama is on everything so I wonder when he will have his own pin?

I think an Olympic theme would be interesting even though it should
have been doen last year.

Even though it is a different GI Joe than most of us all recall
growing up with, the new movie could have provided a licensing base
for a GI Joe Pin.

A Disney pin is looooong overdue. I would like to see the characters
and the park rides. Especially the great sounds from classics like the
Haunted House and the Jungle Cruise. Isn't there some type of live
action Sorcerer's apprentice or something coming soon?
maxi
2009-06-18 07:55:20 UTC
On Jun 18, 4:49 pm, Ironman <***@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Too bad they couldn't have been working on "Public Enemies" and a cool
> gangster theme.
>
> Maybe they are working on Harry Potter for when the movies end.
>
> Why didn't a "LOST" pin ever come about?
>
> Obama is on everything so I wonder when he will have his own pin?
>
> I think an Olympic theme would be interesting even though it should
> have been doen last year.
>
> Even though it is a different GI Joe than most of us all recall
> growing up with, the new movie could have provided a licensing base
> for a GI Joe Pin.
>
> A Disney pin is looooong overdue. I would like to see the characters
> and the park rides. Especially the great sounds from classics like the
> Haunted House and the Jungle Cruise. Isn't there some type of live
> action Sorcerer's apprentice or something coming soon?

well ok then , here's my dream . gary gives wayne a ring , and buys
the rights for bally williams , and remakes medieval madness . etc
Back Alley -Matchstick
2009-06-18 14:36:44 UTC
My vote is still for a Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors or a animated
Zombie theme. Ghostbusters would be really cool too!

Matt

www.backalleycreations.com
Lloyd Olson
2009-06-18 17:54:40 UTC
Harry Potter people turned them down. And after POTC, I doubt they'll ever
get involved with Disney again. LTG :)

thabigwolf
2009-06-18 18:05:36 UTC
On Jun 18, 1:54 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Harry Potter people turned them down. And after POTC, I doubt they'll ever
> get involved with Disney again.  LTG :)
>
> "Ironman" <***@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> > Maybe they are working on Harry Potter for when the movies end.
>
> > A Disney pin is looooong overdue. I would like to see the characters
> > and the park rides. Especially the great sounds from classics like the
> > Haunted House and the Jungle Cruise. Isn't there some type of live
> > action Sorcerer's apprentice or something coming soon?- Hide quoted text -

Next Pin will be:

James Cameron's SCIFI movie "Avatar" after big buck hunter.

Avatar suppose to hit in December so timeline makes sense..

John
Rare Hero
2009-06-18 19:24:01 UTC
On Jun 18, 10:54 am, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Harry Potter people turned them down. And after POTC, I doubt they'll ever
> get involved with Disney again.  LTG :)

Eh, suck it up. With Toy Story 3 coming out in 2010, and Toy Story 1
& 2 being re-released in 3D - a Toy Story pin for next year is a no
brainer. Everyone loves Toy Story...adults, kids....So, they may not
get Tom Hanks or Tim Allen's voices....Shrek did a pretty good job w/
fake voices, in my opinion.

Greg
Pins Anon
2009-06-18 19:30:36 UTC
Might be a little early but there's a football (soccer to the US guys)
world cup next year.

Now THAT really is a global sport

Nick
Pins Anon
UK
Lloyd Olson
2009-06-18 20:03:00 UTC
Shrek was done through Dreamworks so they could avoid Disney.

Suck it up ? POTC ready to ship, Disney nixed the plastics and they were
changed to the crappy ones on the game almost over night. Disney nixed the
red compass center, so we got the white ones. Ships was going to do more,
that got killed. Extra hole over the mix master another toy that got
removed. Etc. Etc. Etc. All eight of Disney's people involved flexed muscle
and wanted crap changed. Better dealing with a license and only one person
to please. LTG :)

Greg
Rare Hero
2009-06-18 20:06:46 UTC
On Jun 18, 1:03 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Shrek was done through Dreamworks so they could avoid Disney.
>
> Suck it up ? POTC ready to ship, Disney nixed the plastics and they were
> changed to the crappy ones on the game almost over night. Disney nixed the
> red compass center, so we got the white ones. Ships was going to do more,
> that got killed. Extra hole over the mix master another toy that got
> removed. Etc. Etc. Etc. All eight of Disney's people involved flexed muscle
> and wanted crap changed. Better dealing with a license and only one person
> to please.  LTG :)

I agree that creatively - that totally sucks ass ....but, money
talks...it's their best seller...sooooo...just sayin'

Greg
Lloyd Olson
2009-06-18 20:33:06 UTC
On Jun 18, 1:03 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Shrek was done through Dreamworks so they could avoid Disney.
>
> Suck it up ? POTC ready to ship, Disney nixed the plastics and they were
> changed to the crappy ones on the game almost over night. Disney nixed the
> red compass center, so we got the white ones. Ships was going to do more,
> that got killed. Extra hole over the mix master another toy that got
> removed. Etc. Etc. Etc. All eight of Disney's people involved flexed
> muscle
> and wanted crap changed. Better dealing with a license and only one person
> to please. LTG :)

I agree that creatively - that totally sucks ass ....but, money
talks...it's their best seller...sooooo...just sayin'

Greg

By all means yes, if you could limit their ( people who don't know pinball )
involvement.
LTG :)
jar155
2009-06-18 20:09:42 UTC
On Jun 18, 2:03 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Shrek was done through Dreamworks so they could avoid Disney.
>
> Suck it up ? POTC ready to ship, Disney nixed the plastics and they were
> changed to the crappy ones on the game almost over night. Disney nixed the
> red compass center, so we got the white ones. Ships was going to do more,
> that got killed. Extra hole over the mix master another toy that got
> removed. Etc. Etc. Etc. All eight of Disney's people involved flexed muscle
> and wanted crap changed. Better dealing with a license and only one person
> to please.  LTG :)
>
> "Rare Hero" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 18, 10:54 am, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
>
> > Harry Potter people turned them down. And after POTC, I doubt they'll ever
> > get involved with Disney again. LTG :)
>
> Eh, suck it up.  With Toy Story 3 coming out in 2010, and Toy Story 1
> & 2 being re-released in 3D - a Toy Story pin for next year is a no
> brainer.  Everyone loves Toy Story...adults, kids....So, they may not
> get Tom Hanks or Tim Allen's voices....Shrek did a pretty good job w/
> fake voices, in my opinion.
>
> Greg

Toy Story would be a neat pin, but I'd rather have a Pixar mashup of
characters, I think. You could have sections of the playfield and
modes dedicated to different characters. Pop bumpers could be the
Incredibles beating up bad guys, the orbit shot could be Buzz
Lightyear's space something or other, Wall-E could be the ball lock,
Nemo could have a section that looked like water, etc..

With Nintendo being back on top, it would be cool to see another Super
Mario Bros. pinball machine, but I don't think that's very likely at
all.
Rare Hero
2009-06-18 20:15:37 UTC
On Jun 18, 1:09 pm, jar155 <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 18, 2:03 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
>

> > Shrek was done through Dreamworks so they could avoid Disney.
>
> > Suck it up ? POTC ready to ship, Disney nixed the plastics and they were
> > changed to the crappy ones on the game almost over night. Disney nixed the
> > red compass center, so we got the white ones. Ships was going to do more,
> > that got killed. Extra hole over the mix master another toy that got
> > removed. Etc. Etc. Etc. All eight of Disney's people involved flexed muscle
> > and wanted crap changed. Better dealing with a license and only one person
> > to please.  LTG :)
>
> > "Rare Hero" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Jun 18, 10:54 am, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
>
> > > Harry Potter people turned them down. And after POTC, I doubt they'll ever
> > > get involved with Disney again. LTG :)
>
> > Eh, suck it up.  With Toy Story 3 coming out in 2010, and Toy Story 1
> > & 2 being re-released in 3D - a Toy Story pin for next year is a no
> > brainer.  Everyone loves Toy Story...adults, kids....So, they may not
> > get Tom Hanks or Tim Allen's voices....Shrek did a pretty good job w/
> > fake voices, in my opinion.
>
> > Greg
>
> Toy Story would be a neat pin, but I'd rather have a Pixar mashup of
> characters, I think. You could have sections of the playfield and
> modes dedicated to different characters. Pop bumpers could be the
> Incredibles beating up bad guys, the orbit shot could be Buzz
> Lightyear's space something or other, Wall-E could be the ball lock,
> Nemo could have a section that looked like water, etc..
>
> With Nintendo being back on top, it would be cool to see another Super
> Mario Bros. pinball machine, but I don't think that's very likely at
> all.

Or - like your Pixar idea...a Nintendo mashup of characters, like
Smash Bros .....Super Pinball Bros!

Greg
vince
2009-08-04 20:50:02 UTC
Here's a weird idea. Tour de France. Have a big Mont Ventoux on the playfield.
Won't see in the US but France and Spain(and maybe Great Britain) would
buy some.

Or the Howard Stern Show.
--
vince
/***** Visit the Home of the Rancid Tofu Experience *****/
/***** http://www.garageband.com/artist/rancidtofu *****/
Hugh
2009-06-18 18:21:19 UTC
On Jun 18, 2:49 am, Ironman <***@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Too bad they couldn't have been working on "Public Enemies" and a cool
> gangster theme.
>
> Maybe they are working on Harry Potter for when the movies end.
>
> Why didn't a "LOST" pin ever come about?
>
> Obama is on everything so I wonder when he will have his own pin?
>
> I think an Olympic theme would be interesting even though it should
> have been doen last year.
>
> Even though it is a different GI Joe than most of us all recall
> growing up with, the new movie could have provided a licensing base
> for a GI Joe Pin.
>
> A Disney pin is looooong overdue. I would like to see the characters
> and the park rides. Especially the great sounds from classics like the
> Haunted House and the Jungle Cruise. Isn't there some type of live
> action Sorcerer's apprentice or something coming soon?

I like the Disney idea a lot. My kids would love that and I would
too.

Hugh
Aaron Cooke
great game.
goatdan
2009-06-17 16:17:34 UTC
On Jun 17, 11:01 am, Rare Hero <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 8:43 am, ceckitti <***@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Im surprised there hasnt been a Transformers game yet.
>
> There was gonna be - but it didn't work out.  :(  :(   :(
>
> There have been plenty of rumors of a rock/music themed game.  Every
> arcade I've seen in the past month (bowling alley, movie theater,
> pizza joint) has the new Guitar Hero Arcade.  If that is successful
> for ops, seems like now would be the right time for that rock themed
> pin!  They could go w/ the current hot game titles (Guitar Hero or
> Rock Band)  and have a ton of music on it.  However, all that
> licensing might be cost prohibitive....

A straight up Guitar Hero or Rock Band theme would be good, but it
would again be missing the boat on the trend as these games are
definitely dropping in popularity. I don't think the music thing
would be overly limiting, because while it would be nice to have a
couple recognizable things in there, I don't think a game about
hitting a ball around to actually play entire songs would be very
fun. Hitting the ball to certain areas and starting different
'tracks' to hear different things would be neat, and a riff as simple
as what a game like Getaway has would be fun for what you can start.
It could definitely work, and it would sell well I think.

I still think that a Halo pin would be a neat cross over, which could
really have some good stuff in it. Hell, with Stern having recycled
SJ recently, how about recycling Starship Troopers or Lost In Space
and using it as a Halo theme? Both of those are spectacular shooting
games (the rulesets can be debated) and have playfields that lend
themselves perfect to a space war theme.

But, as I've said before, theme is not going to save Stern and
suddenly rocket it up no matter what. The Dark Knight was perhaps the
biggest movie in history to come out -- you can compare it to Titanic,
but the climate is so different now than when that movie came out that
most people called TDK a complete phenomenon that we will never see
again. And, while TDK pinball is fun (man that crane is awesome!),
the theme didn't do enough to sell it like crazy. No theme will save
it.

I am excited to see if there will be a Big Buck Hunter pin, as I think
that, if treated correctly, it could be a HUGE winner.
Timbre
2009-06-17 16:25:34 UTC
On Jun 17, 8:43 am, ceckitti <***@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 10:04 am, John in WI <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Jay wrote:
>
> > > I heard rumor of a Ozzy game. True?
>
> > If so, Stern must have a death wish.....
>
> Im surprised there hasnt been a Transformers game yet.
>
> Tom

I just sat in on a talk by Dennis Nordman at the NW Pinball and
Gameroom Show. He had pictures of a prototype Transformers game. He
explained a bunch of the shots that he was trying to accomplish and
the different toys on the game. Awesome pictures and descriptions.
Unfortunatly when he was let go all he was able to take was the gun he
had build for it. The rest was destroyed.

So for now no Transformers pin.

:(
Lloyd Olson

:(
CornCob
2009-07-27 19:59:50 UTC
On 17 June, 17:53, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Word here was the Transformer's people turned Stern down for a license. LTG
> :)
>
> "Timbre" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I just sat in on a talk by Dennis Nordman at the NW Pinball and
> Gameroom Show. He had pictures of a prototype Transformers game. He
> explained a bunch of the shots that he was trying to accomplish and
> the different toys on the game. Awesome pictures and descriptions.
> Unfortunatly when he was let go all he was able to take was the gun he
> had build for it. The rest was destroyed.
>
> So for now no Transformers pin.
>
> :(

No dam way, I thought they didn't do it because they were pushed to
put it out in time for new movie release. I would have loved a
Transformers game, it would be even better if they'd gone for the
Cartoon series from the 80's rather than movie, maybe they are
different licenses and they could go that route.

Ping
Sam
2009-07-27 20:11:13 UTC
CornCob wrote:
> On 17 June, 17:53, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
>> Word here was the Transformer's people turned Stern down for a license. LTG
>> :)
>>
>> "Timbre" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> I just sat in on a talk by Dennis Nordman at the NW Pinball and
>> Gameroom Show. He had pictures of a prototype Transformers game. He
>> explained a bunch of the shots that he was trying to accomplish and
>> the different toys on the game. Awesome pictures and descriptions.
>> Unfortunatly when he was let go all he was able to take was the gun he
>> had build for it. The rest was destroyed.
>>
>> So for now no Transformers pin.
>>
>> :(
>
> No dam way, I thought they didn't do it because they were pushed to
> put it out in time for new movie release. I would have loved a
> Transformers game, it would be even better if they'd gone for the
> Cartoon series from the 80's rather than movie, maybe they are
> different licenses and they could go that route.
>
> Ping

Probably wouldn't have the same effect as Stern has (always?) used the
Hollywood movie licenses as opposed to the root license (Spiderman,
Batman, LOTR => Marvel, DC, Tokien). I would have killed for a
Transformer theme though. Heck, I would have liked another ST theme too
but neither will happen.

Sam
Mike W. from NJ
2009-06-17 19:06:49 UTC
On Jun 17, 12:25 pm, Timbre <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just sat in on a talk by Dennis Nordman at the NW Pinball and
> Gameroom Show.

Not the subject of this thread but... Dennis Nordman is a great great
guy. Talk about a icon of the modern pinball industry, his name
doesn't often get the credit he deserves. I'm bummed out that I
couldn't make the trip to hear him speak and to experience the NW
show.

I met Dennis at PinballSales.com (Jack's place) in December and was
amazed by how forthcoming and sharing he was about the experiences he
had while working at Bally (then WMS) and Stern.

-Mike W. from NJ
www.EMwhite.org
Hugh
2009-06-18 18:18:52 UTC
On Jun 17, 12:25 pm, Timbre <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 8:43 am, ceckitti <***@aol.com> wrote:

> > > If so, Stern must have a death wish.....
>
> > Im surprised there hasnt been a Transformers game yet.
>
> > Tom
>
> I just sat in on a talk by Dennis Nordman at the NW Pinball and
> Gameroom Show. He had pictures of a prototype Transformers game. He
> explained a bunch of the shots that he was trying to accomplish and
> the different toys on the game. Awesome pictures and descriptions.
> Unfortunatly when he was let go all he was able to take was the gun he
> had build for it. The rest was destroyed.
>
> So for now no Transformers pin.
>
> :(

Oh man!!!! I will definitely 100000% own a Transformers pin.

Hugh
Lloyd Olson
2009-06-18 18:21:41 UTC
Transformer people turned them down, so not looking like we'll ever see one.
LTG :)

Hugh
Cayle George
2009-06-18 18:38:30 UTC
Futurama would be sweet.

They just signed 2 more seasons of the show - perfect time.

-cAyle
Hugh
2009-06-17 15:46:57 UTC
Ozzy is a absolutely horrible theme IMHO

Hugh

Lloyd Olson
2009-06-17 16:54:21 UTC
Yes, that is true, it is a rumor. Not a pin though. LTG :)

FLYING HIGH DA900EX
2009-06-17 17:17:25 UTC
On Jun 17, 12:54 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Yes, that is true, it is a rumor. Not a pin though. LTG :)
>
> "Jay" <***@verizon.net> wrote in message

> I heard rumor of a Ozzy game. True?

Chapter 7. It's a one ball game. Cabinets empty. Drop your quarters in
and get one ball that does nothing! Stern has another $100 increase.
Profit margins are better on this one. No design costs, no parts, no
support and the boxes are lighter for shipping. E
pinheaded
2009-06-17 17:27:20 UTC
"Out of Business"
The game will have low rez photoshopped artwork pulled from the
internet.
Long loop shots that do absolutely nothing except loop.
Tons of toys will litter the playfield.
And yes, you can put in all the quarters you want, but the game will
never work.

Prove me wrong.

Seriously though, I do like some of the games, just not the most
recent ones.
goatdan
2009-06-17 17:34:46 UTC

They will.
citznfish
2009-06-17 17:13:38 UTC

> I heard rumor of a Ozzy game. True?

I'd believe this. Ozzy has sold out over the past year. He is hawking
everything from world of warcraft to life insurance. His name
rewcognition is through the roof. Now would be the ideal time for an
Ozzy pin.

Personally I think Ozzy knows he won't be here on this earth much
longer and is whoring himself out as much as possible to set up is
family for generations to come. Smart guy, probably makes millions on
those licensing deals and spokesperson opportunities.
Les Manley
2009-06-17 17:34:13 UTC
On Jun 17, 12:13 pm, citznfish <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I heard rumor of a Ozzy game. True?
>
> I'd believe this. Ozzy has sold out over the past year. He is hawking
> everything from world of warcraft to life insurance. His name
> rewcognition is through the roof. Now would be the ideal time for an
> Ozzy pin.
>
> Personally I think Ozzy knows he won't be here on this earth much
> longer and is whoring himself out as much as possible to set up is
> family for generations to come. Smart guy, probably makes millions on
> those licensing deals and spokesperson opportunities.

The time to strike would have been in 2002 with his show The Osbournes
on MTV. Show was a smash hit back then, now no one really cares, so
in actuality, this would fit really well into the Stern pin
timeframe...strike when the iron is cold. NBA pin comes out...right
after season ends. CSI comes out in it's 8th year on the air at the
tail end of it's popularity. 24 comes out right before it's last
season. IJ4 and TDK, after the movies have been in the theaters for
weeks. As for Ozzy, he may be hawking everything including cell
phones now, but people are tired of his mumbling bs, after 7 years it
has gotten really stale.
Bingovit
2009-06-17 16:24:13 UTC

Oh Yeah, a good rock themed pin could be cool too though! ;-)
Retrogameconnection
2009-07-13 16:58:19 UTC
On Jun 17, 9:24 am, Bingovit <***@skynet.be> wrote:
> On 17 jun, 18:23, Bingovit <***@skynet.be> wrote:
>

> > On 17 jun, 18:06, TBK <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > A Guitar Hero pin would rock especially with a built in sub!
>
> > > ~Ron R
> > > TBK=The Biggest Kid
> > > "Route-rat extraordinaire!"
>
> > Futurama, bite my shiny metal pinball! :))
>
> > Another Terminator would be cool with the new upcoming trilogy and the
> > pin could include all three movies!
>
> > I certainly hope BBH is a no brainer cause that would really suck!
>
> > Maybe a Dexter pin? NCIS, Las Vegas,... There aren't a lot of good
> > licenses out there for the moment IMO!
>
> > What about a WWE pin? Four multiballs, RAW, ECW, Superstars and
> > Smackdown. Wrestlemania wizard mode.
> > Instead of Jackpot you hear the original anouncers, JR an Jerry the
> > king lawler shouting some of the great moves like OH NO, TRIANGLE
> > CHOKE / PEDIGREE! / Whisper in the wind /...
> > And you have animations that show you the move. And when something
> > like super jackpot is ready they call out 'That's a submissions hold'
> > and if you score: He taps out
>
> > Just some randomly crazy ideas. Certainly not the best theme but I
> > think it could be great fun. It could provide an action packed pin
> > with original WWE figurines and stuff like that.
> > All the greats like Undertaker, HHH, Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Ric
> > Flair, Vince McMahon.
>
> Oh Yeah, a good rock themed pin could be cool too though! ;-)- Hide quoted text -

If they can make the Disney relationship work they should go with
"Phineas & Ferb."

Great show, great writing, cool characters and lots of potential....
Abby Normal
2009-07-13 17:04:08 UTC
On Jul 13, 9:58 am, Retrogameconnection <***@ca.rr.com> wrote:
how quoted text -

> If they can make the Disney relationship work they should go with
> "Phineas & Ferb."
>
> Great show, great writing, cool characters and lots of potential....

I'd rather see something a little more grown up. There are a number of
great shows on adult swim right now that would make good themes, and
they won't be as hard to work with as Disney.
Retrogameconnection
2009-07-14 13:22:12 UTC
On Jul 13, 10:04 am, Abby Normal <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 13, 9:58 am, Retrogameconnection <***@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> how quoted text -
>

> > If they can make the Disney relationship work they should go with
> > "Phineas & Ferb."
>
> > Great show, great writing, cool characters and lots of potential....
>
> I'd rather see something a little more grown up. There are a number of
> great shows on adult swim right now that would make good themes, and
> they won't be as hard to work with as Disney.

I understand where you're coming from. But I believe that in order
for the industry to prosper, Stern needs to attract a new generation
of players - the young!

Catering to a bunch of old fogies that are going to die in the next
20-30 years will only ensure Stern's demise. If pinball is going to
become "cool" again and not some ancient past time that our parents
and grandparents played they need to attract the kids.

"Phineas & Ferb" is phenomenally popular among the 15 and under
crowd! As someone else said, "SpongeBob Squarepants" would also be an
excellent license! It is a show that's entering it's 7th season and
remains the most popular show on Comedy Central. It has a cult
following among kids and adults alike and is enjoying it's best
ratings ever. HEY GARY!

Mr. Stern really needs to start making better decisions about the
licenses he chooses. He's getting old and I don't believe that he's
really up on what's hip with the younger crowd. His most recent
choices proves that. He should consider hiring the appropriate people
that specialize in targeting the age groups necessary to keep pinball
alive....
Retrogameconnection
2009-07-14 14:36:26 UTC
On Jul 14, 6:22 am, Retrogameconnection <***@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> On Jul 13, 10:04 am, Abby Normal <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 13, 9:58 am, Retrogameconnection <***@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> > how quoted text -
>
> > > If they can make the Disney relationship work they should go with
> > > "Phineas & Ferb."
>
> > > Great show, great writing, cool characters and lots of potential....
>
> > I'd rather see something a little more grown up. There are a number of
> > great shows on adult swim right now that would make good themes, and
> > they won't be as hard to work with as Disney.
>
> I understand where you're coming from.  But I believe that in order
> for the industry to prosper, Stern needs to attract a new generation
> of players - the young!
>
> Catering to a bunch of old fogies that are going to die in the next
> 20-30 years will only ensure Stern's demise.  If pinball is going to
> become "cool" again and not some ancient past time that our parents
> and grandparents played they need to attract the kids.
>
> "Phineas & Ferb" is phenomenally popular among the 15 and under
> crowd!  As someone else said, "SpongeBob Squarepants" would also be an
> excellent license!  It is a show that's entering it's 7th season and
> remains the most popular show on Comedy Central. It has a cult
> following among kids and adults alike and is enjoying it's best
> ratings ever.  HEY GARY!
>
> Mr. Stern really needs to start making better decisions about the
> licenses he chooses.  He's getting old and I don't believe that he's
> really up on what's hip with the younger crowd.  His most recent
> choices proves that. He should consider hiring the appropriate people
> that specialize in targeting the age groups necessary to keep pinball
> alive....

Correction:

Sorry, Spongebob is on Nickelodeon not Comedy Central....
mnpinball
2009-07-14 16:34:58 UTC
I emailed Jack and put my pre-order in for the May 2010's release.
MRG
2009-07-14 17:43:26 UTC

Don't you mean Costco?
skibum2002
2009-07-14 17:52:12 UTC
Do I hear a Jonas Brothers in the future? Hanna Montana, IMO, is
dying down.
jmayer
2009-07-16 21:55:19 UTC
ok, i'm biased.

but how about Kung Fu Panda, new one coming out in 2011.

Furious 5
sounds about right number of regular modes ;)
cheeseheads1111
2009-07-16 21:58:45 UTC
I wish there'd be a Beavis & Butthead
RomulusX
2009-07-16 22:11:06 UTC
On Jul 16, 4:58 pm, cheeseheads1111 <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wish there'd be a Beavis & Butthead

I really think Ghost Busters would be a good choice.My 12 yearnold
likes the movies and the new 360 game,
What do you guys think of this choice i'm just
curious. Thanks Rick
Lloyd Olson
2009-07-16 22:17:26 UTC
I think it's a great choice. Right after "Get Fuzzy" and "Bob The Squirrel".
LTG :)

curious. Thanks Rick
Rare Hero
2009-07-16 23:17:41 UTC
On Jul 16, 3:17 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> I think it's a great choice. Right after "Get Fuzzy" and "Bob The Squirrel".
> LTG :)

Lloyd....please.....enough... ....please!!!!

:)

Greg
Lloyd Olson
2009-07-16 23:23:43 UTC
I shall be heard. Until Gary Stern in his infinite wisdom builds the pin I
want, I shall not be silenced. Bucky Katt Rules ! As does Bob. :)

On Jul 16, 3:17 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> I think it's a great choice. Right after "Get Fuzzy" and "Bob The
> Squirrel".
> LTG :)

Lloyd....please.....enough... ....please!!!!

:)

Greg
Rare Hero
2009-07-17 00:19:59 UTC
On Jul 16, 4:23 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> I shall be heard. Until Gary Stern in his infinite wisdom builds the pin I
> want, I shall not be silenced. Bucky Katt Rules ! As does Bob.  :)

Seriously ....no one...knows....wtf....you're talking about!!!!!! :)

Greg
Lloyd Olson
2009-07-17 00:22:32 UTC

http://comics.com/get_fuzzy/ :)
Lloyd Olson
2009-07-17 00:24:35 UTC

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/uclickcomics/20090712/cx_bob_uc/bob20090712
:)
Rare Hero
2009-07-17 00:31:19 UTC
On Jul 16, 5:22 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <***@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> http://comics.com/get_fuzzy/     :)

Link, schmink ...you're the only person who knows what this crap
is. :)

Greg
Jeff S
2009-07-26 19:02:09 UTC
Does Gary ever read these threads? Given he doesn't appear to
incorporate many of our suggestions, I guess the answer is no.
Anyways if he should start today, read my lips... Gary build another
South Park! It has been ten years since the first release and that
one is dated. Compared to tons of great material that has since been
written, that one is not relevent any more. This title will appeal
to many , and if you had an offense meter setting which allowed User
to dial in the degree of sever comments, that would be fantastic too.
Get Keith Johnson to design it, cause he will spend the time to get it
right and I'll put it next to TSPP and LOTR. They were both done
right, and if this was handled in a similar fashion, would result in a
strong title for Stern.

JeffS
ATL
Lloyd Olson
2009-07-26 19:07:10 UTC
He'd be wise not to.

Like game show producers, they ignore suggestions, you have to go through an
agent. That way if they do something you thought of, they don't get sued
later for stealing your idea. LTG :)

Abby Normal
2009-07-16 22:26:43 UTC

I agree, especially with the video game and a new movie on the way.
mnpinball
2009-07-16 22:53:29 UTC
On Jul 16, 4:58 pm, cheeseheads1111 <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wish there'd be a Beavis & Butthead

You'd have to get the rights from the 2 guys in Farmington and
Hopkins, MN ;)
Lloyd Olson
2009-07-16 23:33:03 UTC

Hey now, Vince is in Prior Lake, not Hopkins ;)
Steve
2009-08-03 01:58:06 UTC
> Mr. Stern really needs to start making better decisions about the
> licenses he chooses.  He's getting old and I don't believe that he's
> really up on what's hip with the younger crowd.  His most recent
> choices proves that. He should consider hiring the appropriate people
> that specialize in targeting the age groups necessary to keep pinball
> alive....

It's not about getting old, it's about ignorance and clulessness.

Steve
pinballzmylife
2009-08-03 02:11:43 UTC
On Aug 2, 9:58 pm, Steve <***@aol.com> wrote:
> > Mr. Stern really needs to start making better decisions about the
> > licenses he chooses.  He's getting old and I don't believe that he's
> > really up on what's hip with the younger crowd.  His most recent
> > choices proves that. He should consider hiring the appropriate people
> > that specialize in targeting the age groups necessary to keep pinball
> > alive....
>
> It's not about getting old, it's about ignorance and clulessness.
>
> Steve

Maybe Gary Stern should just 1 time, take a poll on RGP for the next
pin theme!!! Just try it, and see what happens.. I bet this would be
a hit for Stern, and it would probably sell more than anything he has
been selling. .
mnpinball
2009-08-03 02:29:15 UTC
On Aug 2, 9:11 pm, pinballzmylife <***@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 9:58 pm, Steve <***@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > > Mr. Stern really needs to start making better decisions about the
> > > licenses he chooses.  He's getting old and I don't believe that he's
> > > really up on what's hip with the younger crowd.  His most recent
> > > choices proves that. He should consider hiring the appropriate people
> > > that specialize in targeting the age groups necessary to keep pinball
> > > alive....
>
> > It's not about getting old, it's about ignorance and clulessness.
>
> > Steve
>
> Maybe Gary Stern should just 1 time, take a poll on RGP for the next
> pin theme!!!  Just try it, and see what happens.. I bet this would be
> a hit for Stern, and it would probably sell more than anything he has
> been selling. .

But Gary Stern thinks rgp and the Internet are evil and the bad guy.
As Steve said, ignorance...... Sad to see how things are going.
Adm56
2009-08-03 12:40:38 UTC
Whatever they make next I think it's time to save money by ripping out
the DMD (yes I'm only half serious). I spent some time with a IJ4 this
weekend on location and the video ads NOTHING to the gameplay. If I
wasn't a huge fan of the films I'd be hard pressed to even tell what
was going on on the screen. It's really awful. I can understand if
there is no room in the budget for artists and custom animation, but
throwing that blurry junk up there isn't a solution IMO. Especially
since I don't remember getting a video mode of any sort (not that I'm
the greatest player mind you but it seemed like I got reasonably deep
into the game...won about three free games that I ended up walking
away from).
MHS
2009-07-13 17:04:55 UTC
How about Attack from Venus or Alligator Hunter? I'm sure everyone
who monitors this board will be okay with it.
MrSanRamon
2009-07-13 19:49:46 UTC
Now that pins will be sold thru Costco, probably the best theme(s)
would be something that would sell there. Probably something that
would appeal to a family with kids.

To most people that would buy a pinball at Costco; they would have no
idea that a design is recycled. In fact, I wouldn't care if a design
is recycled to different artwork if it means less costs and more
exposure. There are certainly pins that I would like better in one
theme rather than another.

Robert
teekee
2009-06-17 17:13:43 UTC

Hopefully the special edition LOTR!
Firedude
2009-06-17 18:08:06 UTC
On Jun 17, 9:22 am, kidorbit <***@kidorbit.com> wrote:
> Good morning all. Does anyone know what the next round of new Stern
> games will be? With NBA out the only other one I have heard of is Big
> Buck Hunter. What comes after that?

After Big Buck Hunter, the next pin will be Ice Age using the Bugs
Bunny layout.

Don't forget Gary wants to keep pins simple.

Also heard American Idol or Dancing with the Stars using the WOF
platform is a real possibility.

Stay Tuned...

Regards,

RIP...
marc_b
2009-06-18 15:58:15 UTC
On Jun 17, 6:22 am, kidorbit <***@kidorbit.com> wrote:
> Good morning all. Does anyone know what the next round of new Stern
> games will be? With NBA out the only other one I have heard of is Big
> Buck Hunter. What comes after that?

I'm confused. I though that Stern fired all of their designers and
were only going to rehash older, previously done layouts- like NBA
from Space Jam?
Sam
2009-06-18 16:06:38 UTC
marc_b wrote:
> On Jun 17, 6:22 am, kidorbit <***@kidorbit.com> wrote:
>> Good morning all. Does anyone know what the next round of new Stern
>> games will be? With NBA out the only other one I have heard of is Big
>> Buck Hunter. What comes after that?
>
> I'm confused. I though that Stern fired all of their designers and
> were only going to rehash older, previously done layouts- like NBA
> from Space Jam?

I thought BBH was already partially done when the hammer came down on
the designers/programmers.

Sam
ldnayman
2009-06-18 16:14:04 UTC

No, that was 24.
cheeseheads1111
2009-06-18 18:56:40 UTC
I'm hoping for a Playboy nude centerfold pinball
ldnayman
2009-06-18 19:54:43 UTC

Well lucky you, since 2002 has already happened.
JimB
2009-07-13 15:55:21 UTC
Along the same lines as NBA a new NASCAR with all the current
drivers. Something for everyone. Safe and easy for Stern.
hagis_u
2009-06-18 19:40:28 UTC

Trialer Park Boys....would be a supreme title......;-)
Rare Hero
2009-06-18 19:48:04 UTC
On Jun 18, 12:40 pm, hagis_u <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Trialer Park Boys....would be a supreme title......;-)

...as long as they spell it like you did! ;) ...put that next to
NASCAR and BBH and you've got the WORST PINBALL TRILOGY EVER!!!! :)

Greg
Lloyd Olson
2009-06-18 20:35:37 UTC
On Jun 18, 12:40 pm, hagis_u <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Trialer Park Boys....would be a supreme title......;-)

...as long as they spell it like you did! ;) ...put that next to
NASCAR and BBH and you've got the WORST PINBALL TRILOGY EVER!!!! :)

Greg

I can here Jeff Foxworthy now.

If your favorite place to play pinball has NASCAR, Big Buck Hunter, and
Trailer Park Boys, you're probably a red neck. LTG :)
LTG :)
hagis_u
2009-06-19 00:09:29 UTC
On Jun 18, 3:48 pm, Rare Hero <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 18, 12:40 pm, hagis_u <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Trialer Park Boys....would be a supreme title......;-)
>
> ...as long as they spell it like you did!  ;)  ...put that next to
> NASCAR and BBH and you've got the WORST PINBALL TRILOGY EVER!!!!  :)
>
> Greg

I have the better spelling...Traylor Park Boyz..;-)....Imagine all the
modes and multi-balls based around weed, hash, going to prison and the
quality characters. It could very well be the deepest game
ever.......;-)
Gregg
2009-06-19 00:28:16 UTC
In article
<34fe621b-3de9-48a1-8034-***@t11g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>,
hagis_u <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jun 18, 3:48 pm, Rare Hero <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Jun 18, 12:40 pm, hagis_u <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Trialer Park Boys....would be a supreme title......;-)
> >
> > ...as long as they spell it like you did!  ;)  ...put that next to
> > NASCAR and BBH and you've got the WORST PINBALL TRILOGY EVER!!!!  :)
> >
> > Greg
>
> I have the better spelling...Traylor Park Boyz..;-)....Imagine all the
> modes and multi-balls based around weed, hash, going to prison and the
> quality characters. It could very well be the deepest game
> ever.......;-)

don't forget the crystal meth hurry up mode

Gregg in Baltimore
Borygard
2009-06-19 00:47:58 UTC
Or the Bubbles Multi-Ball, where the playfield glass becomes so thick you
can barely see through it and magnifies everything on the playfield. All
targets are worth "kitty" points and meow when hit. ;)

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

ecurtz
2009-06-19 16:12:40 UTC
We need a good animated theme to keep them from throwing together the
patented Stern crummy Photoshop artwork.

My suggestions.

Futurama - Back for 2 more seasons, only NIB Stern I can think of I'd
buy, they have a relationship with the producers already due to
Simpsons.

Spongebob Squarepants - You want to get young people back into
pinball? I'm not a big fan, but plenty of adults are.

Tintin - Spielberg movie is coming out next year, and everyone always
goes on about how many machines export to Europe, so why not a theme
they'd like?
yugffuts
2009-06-19 17:38:28 UTC
On Jun 19, 12:12 pm, ecurtz <***@nuprometheus.com> wrote:
> We need a good animated theme to keep them from throwing together the
> patented Stern crummy Photoshop artwork.

It doesn't have to be an animated theme. Just needs hand drawn
artwork. There's tons of examples of this from the 90's, but the one
that comes to mind is WWF Royal Rumble (probably because of the WWE
mention earlier in the thread).

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2820
goatdan
2009-06-19 17:51:30 UTC

Now _that_ game had great slingshot art!
mnpinball
2009-07-13 14:59:09 UTC
Iron Man 2010 ;))
Cliffy
2009-07-13 16:44:28 UTC
mnpinball wrote:
> Iron Man 2010 ;))

I'll be haunting the local Costco come May '10 :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
Home of the world's finest pinball protectors
http://www.passionforpinball.com
mgk
2009-07-13 16:53:52 UTC
do something akin to WCS94 in the form of an Olympics machine

something for everyone? ok, done.
Jay
2009-06-17 13:34:46 UTC