Bryan Kelly Christmas
Lloyd Olson
2005-12-22 05:49:46 UTC
Every RGP'er
Down in RGP'er-ville
Liked Christmas a lot...

But the Bryan Kelly,
Who lived in Farmington,
Did NOT!

The Bryan Kelly hated Christmas!
The whole Christmas season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his thong was too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his fart was two sizes too stinky.

But,
Whatever the reason,
His fart or his thong,
He stood there on Christmas Eve, hating the RGP'ers,
Staring down from his cave with a sour, Bryan Kelly frown
At the warm lighted windows below in their town.
For he knew every RGP'er down in RGP'er ville beneath
Was busy now, playing pinball.

"And they're playing their pinball !" he snarled with a sneer.
"Tomorrow is Christmas! It's practically here!"
Then he growled, with his Bryan Kelly fingers nervously drumming,
"I MUST find a way to keep Christmas from coming!"
For, tomorrow, he knew...

...All the RGP girls and boys
Would wake up bright and early. They'd rush for their pinball!
And then! Oh, the noise! Oh, the noise! Noise! Noise! Noise!
That's one thing he hated! The NOISE! NOISE! NOISE! NOISE!

Then the RGP'ers, young and old, would sit down to a feast.
And they'd feast! And they'd feast!
And they'd FEAST! FEAST! FEAST! FEAST!
They would start on RGP'er-pudding, and rare RGP'er-roast-beast
Which was something the Bryan Kelly couldn't stand in the least!

And THEN
They'd do something he liked least of all!
Every RGP'er down in RGP-ville, the tall and the small,
Would stand close together, with Christmas bells ringing.
They'd stand hand-in-hand. And the Whos would start playing pinball !

They'd play! And they'd play!
AND they'd Play! Play! Play! Play!
And the more the Bryan Kelly thought of the RGP-Christmas-Pinball
The more the Bryan Kelly thought, "I must stop this whole thing!
"Why for fifty-three years I've put up with it now!
I MUST stop Christmas from coming!
...But HOW?"

Then he got an idea!
An awful idea!
THE Bryan Kelly
GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA!

"I know just what to do!" The Bryan Kelly Laughed in his throat.
And he made a quick Santy Claus hat and a coat and bra and panty set
And he chuckled, and clucked, "What a great Bryan Kelly trick!
"With this coat and this hat, I'll look just like Saint Nick!"

"All I need is a reindeer..."
The Bryan Kelly looked around.
But since reindeer are scarce, there was none to be found.
Did that stop the old Bryan Kelly...?
No! The Bryan Kelly simply said,
"If I can't find a reindeer, I'll make one instead!"
So he called his sheep Dolly. Then he took some red thread
And he tied a big horn on top of her head.

THEN
He loaded some bags
And some old empty sacks
On a ramshakle sleigh
And he hitched up old Dolly.

Then the Bryan Kelly said, "Giddyap!"
And the sleigh started down
Toward the homes where the RGP'ers
Lay a-snooze in their town.

All their windows were dark. Quiet snow filled the air.
All the RGP'er were all dreaming sweet dreams without care
When he came to the first house in the square.
"This is stop number one," The old Bryan Kelly Claus hissed
And he climbed to the roof, empty bags in his fist.

Then he slid down the chimney. A rather tight pinch.
But if Santa could do it, then so could the Bryan Kelly.
He got stuck only once, for a moment or two.
Then he stuck his head out of the fireplace flue
Where the little RGP stockings all hung in a row.
"These stockings," he grinned, "are the first things to go!"

Then he slithered and slunk, with a smile most unpleasant,
Around the whole room, and he took every present!
Ramps ! Playfields ! Plastic Sets ! Cabinet Decals !
New Balls ! New Bulbs ! Novus 2 and Wax !
And he stuffed them in bags. Then the Bryan Kelly, very nimbly,
Stuffed all the bags, one by one, up the chimney!

Then he slunk to the icebox. He took the RGP'ers feast!
He took the RGP-pudding! He took the roast beast!
He cleaned out that icebox as quick as a flash.
Why, that Bryan Kelly even took their last can of RGP-hash!

Then he stuffed all the food up the chimney with glee.
"And NOW!" grinned the Bryan Kelly, "I will stuff up the pinball!"

And the Bryan Kelly grabbed the pinball, and he started to shove
When he heard a small sound like the coo of a dove.
He turned around fast, and he saw a small RGP'er!
Little Cindy-Lou RGP'er, who was not more than two.

The Bryan Kelly had been caught by this little RGP daughter
Who'd got out of bed for a cup of cold water.
She stared at the Bryan Kelly and said, "Santy Claus, why,
"Why are you taking our Christmas Pinball? WHY?"

But, you know, that old Bryan Kelly was so smart and so slick
He thought up a lie, and he thought it up quick!
"Why, my sweet little tot," the fake Santy Claus lied,
"There's a light on this Pinball that won't light on one side.
"So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear.
"I'll fix it up there. Then I'll bring it back here."

And his fib fooled the child. Then he patted her head
And he got her a drink and he sent he to bed.
And when Cindy-Lou RGP'er went to bed with her cup,
HE went to the chimney and stuffed the Pinball up!

Then the last thing he took
Was the log for their fire.
Then he went up the chimney himself, the old liar.
On their walls he left nothing but hooks, and some wire.

And the one speck of food
The he left in the house
Was a crumb that was even too small for a mouse.

Then
He did the same thing
To the other RGP'ers houses

Leaving crumbs
Much too small
For the other RGP'ers mouses!

It was quarter past dawn...
All the RGP'ers, still a-bed
All the RGP'ers, still a-snooze
When he packed up his sled,
Packed it up with their presents! Pinball Parts !
Pinball Supplies ! The trimmings! The trappings!

Three thousand feet up! Up the side of Mount Crumpit,
He rode to the tiptop to dump it!
"Pooh-pooh to the RGP'ers" he was Bryan Kelly-ly humming.
"They're finding out now that no Christmas is coming!
"They're just waking up! I know just what they'll do!
"Their mouths will hang open a minute or two
"The all the RGP'ers down in RGP-ville will all cry BOO-HOO!"

"That's a noise," grinned the Bryan Kelly,
"That I simply must hear!"
So he paused. And the Bryan Kelly put a hand to his ear.
And he did hear a sound rising over the snow.
It started in low. Then it started to grow...

But the sound wasn't sad!
Why, this sound sounded merry!
It couldn't be so!
But it WAS merry! VERY!

He stared down at RGP-ville!
The Bryan Kelly popped his eyes!
Then he shook!
What he saw was a shocking surprise!

Every RGP'er down in RGP-ville, the tall and the small,
Was singing! Without any Pinball at all!
He HADN'T stopped Christmas from coming!
IT CAME!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!

And the Bryan Kelly, with his stinky-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?
It came without Pinball ! It came without Balls!
"It came without Novus 2, Balls or Bulbs !"
And he puzzled three hours, `till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Bryan Kelly thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

And what happened then...?
Well...in RGP-ville they say
That the Bryan Kelly's small fart
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his fart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light
And dropped a log. Oh what a great sight
And he brought back the Pinballs! And the food for the feast!
And he...

...HE HIMSELF...!
The Bryan Kelly carved the roast beast
greenacarina
Lloyd Olson
2005-12-22 06:47:47 UTC
Post by greenacarina
That was so beautiful it brought a tear to my eye. But I'd like to hear more
about this "RGP hash"!
Chris
This should help you. LTG :)

3 cups cooked beef, coarsely chopped (use leftover pot roast, oven roast,
corned beef, etc.)
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
2 medium onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 ribs celery, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
1 1/2 cups beef broth*
*If you have a cup or so of leftover gravy, use gravy with water or broth to
make 1 1/2 cups.
Combine all ingredients and pack into a well-greased shallow baking pan.
Cover with foil and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover and brown under
broiler.
Serves 6.
Del
2005-12-22 11:10:02 UTC
I think the Real Reason Bryan doesnt like Christmas is,,,,,

They wont let him Wire the Fricking Christmas Tree !!!! Or the Out-Side
Lights ,,,

Something to do with the Fire Marshal =)

Pin-Del,
=)
Lloyd Olson
2005-12-22 18:29:43 UTC
You must remember last year.

http://tinyurl.com/bdo4s

http://tinyurl.com/95wsj

http://tinyurl.com/bzdjw

Wonder what Bryan plans for this year's Yule celebration. LTG :)
=)
jnhutch

Rick Swanson
2005-12-22 15:03:31 UTC