New stern game info
Rob
2005-12-26 16:01:08 UTC
Does anyone know where I can find info about new stern games coming out?
Like pictures and such? I want to make sure I don't leap into a new game if
there is a better one coming out.
Mrhide
2005-12-26 16:12:35 UTC
...and that is exactly why you won't find any pictures of future games.

They want you to buy now AND later when you find out what the next game
is.
Rob
2005-12-26 16:15:26 UTC
Well I'm married so thats not an option. Wife says one more game and she
isn't happy about that. She's worried the floor is going to collapse.
is.
c***@comcast.net
2005-12-26 16:25:05 UTC
You're kind of out of luck. Stern (as well as all the other pin makers
before them) keeps new models under pretty tight wraps. If everyone
waits for the next one, that's the end of the business. You'll have to
take a chance on a theme you like and hope you like the gameplay just
as much, or wait until you can actually play the available models and
see which one you like best and get it, or keep buying the newest one
to come out and turning them over until one comes out that clicks for
you as a keeper.

-cody
CARGPB#4
is.
Brian Smith
is.
Rob
is.
Brian Smith
2005-12-27 14:52:54 UTC
lol...probably depends on the quality of the floor. Also if the floor
boards get too waterlogged from say, a punctured waterbed, yes it could
collapse with poor construction and too much weight. I have seen that happen
before.
is.
Kenbo
2005-12-27 16:13:05 UTC
Post by Rob
Well I'm married so thats not an option. Wife says one more game and she
isn't happy about that. She's worried the floor is going to collapse.
There's a solution. Call a contractor and strengthen the floor. While
he's there you might as well build on a new gameroom!
Lloyd Olson
2005-12-26 18:50:34 UTC
With only 2 or 3 new ones a year, it's pretty hard to tell what is coming,
and if you'll like it or not. If a game is great, they do make more runs
later. So time is on your side to get a good game you like after the fact.
LTG :)
c***@gmail.com
2005-12-26 19:47:13 UTC
Post by Rob
there is a better one coming out.
well it's got to be one of these 3:

World Poker Tour
Pirates of the Carribean
Family Guy

haven't seen pictures of any of these.
heckheck
2005-12-27 00:12:29 UTC
You forgot IJ4
Post by c***@gmail.com
World Poker Tour
Pirates of the Carribean
Family Guy
Kyle Wren
2005-12-27 00:56:32 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
World Poker Tour
Pirates of the Carribean
Family Guy
Is Family Guy a confirmed rumor? OK, I guess anything could be a "confirmed
rumor", but has someone in the know actually said they are doing that one? I'd
just like to know as I'm a big fan and think that would make a good companion
pin to my TSPP...

TIA!
--
Kyle Wren
"Worst... Ball... EVER!!"
Rob
"Worst... Ball... EVER!!"
milt
2005-12-27 16:56:32 UTC
Post by Rob
only one that looks good is Pirates or maybe IJ if they do that. the others
don't interest me at all.
I can't see IJ4 being made as well.. the movie has yet to be made and
they have been talking about doing that movie for MANY years now.. I
don't see it happening. Especially not with Harrison Ford... not very
believable as Indy at his age! I think the time for that sequel has long
since past.
mnpinball
2005-12-28 04:39:13 UTC
I hate when people use the excuse that they are getting married, or
"the wife says" . Put your foot down and use them balls between them
legs. I have so many pins you can hardly walk in the basement let alone
the garage. That's my space. The women get the mainfloor with their
furniture and flowers. Good enough for me. The wife and I get along
great. Maybe I have an understanding wife ? She at least sees it as
an investment better than the stock markets.

I think Family Guy is a viable theme, look at Simpsons and South Park.
Great long term value and coin drop. Cartoons don't age.

Jason.