Trying to cross a transistor
pinballtom264
2013-12-18 01:00:22 UTC
Working on a sound board for a CC baseball game and I need to cross an X16A 5332 transistor there are around 8 of these on the board does anybody have an idea of what this crosses to?
GPE
2013-12-18 03:36:51 UTC
Do you have a copy of the schematics that you can put on line?

Ed

Ken Layton
2013-12-18 03:43:09 UTC
Sounds like a Chicago Coin part number.
John Robertson
2013-12-18 05:11:06 UTC
Post by pinballtom264
Working on a sound board for a CC baseball game and I need to cross an X16A 5332 transistor there are around 8 of these on the board does anybody have an idea of what this crosses to?
Might be germanium due to the age - I may have them in stock - which
game is it for?

Interesting that there was a search for the same part number back in
2003 with no apparent resolution...

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com
pinballtom264
2013-12-18 11:12:08 UTC
It's for a CC Home Run I don't think it's a CC part number as far as I can tell that's the number on the actuall part I"m going to pull one off the board to get a better look
seymour.shabow
2013-12-18 14:13:18 UTC
Post by pinballtom264
It's for a CC Home Run I don't think it's a CC part number as far as
I can tell that's the number on the actuall part I"m going to pull
one off the board to get a better look
Buy enough of a part and the manufacturer will put any # you want on
them. Both Willams and Bally did this, for instance.
pinnut
2013-12-18 17:58:23 UTC
Post by seymour.shabow
Post by pinballtom264
It's for a CC Home Run I don't think it's a CC part number as far as
I can tell that's the number on the actuall part I"m going to pull
one off the board to get a better look
Buy enough of a part and the manufacturer will put any # you want on
them. Both Willams and Bally did this, for instance.
i have a CC mini baseball, the card has the same transistors. one of them is a replacement, C546B . if you google that #, lots of hits for it, datasheets and suppliers.

mike
Thomas Walker
The pinout of the C546B does not agree with the original CC part number X16A5332, so are the legs on the C546B twisted to match the collector, base, emitter of a X16A5332?
John Robertson
2013-12-18 18:52:44 UTC
Post by John Robertson
Post by pinballtom264
Working on a sound board for a CC baseball game and I need to cross an
X16A 5332 transistor there are around 8 of these on the board does
anybody have an idea of what this crosses to?
Might be germanium due to the age - I may have them in stock - which
game is it for?
Interesting that there was a search for the same part number back in
2003 with no apparent resolution...
John :-#)#
I don't have those in my stock. However Mike found a C546B acting as a
replacement in his Mini Baseball PCB so you can try that or perhaps a
PN2222A (2N2222 in plastic).

Watch the pinout though!

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com
pinballtom264
Thanks guys I now have some on order I'll let you know what happens.
pinballtom264
2013-12-18 13:31:41 UTC
Ed I sent you an email with the schematics.
pinnut
2014-10-27 02:36:04 UTC
did you ever get that card working?
Thomas Walker
2023-11-08 22:15:08 UTC
Post by pinballtom264
Working on a sound board for a CC baseball game and I need to cross an X16A 5332 transistor there are around 8 of these on the board does anybody have an idea of what this crosses to?
What did you come up with for the cross to a X16A5332?