replacing the flasher for Balrog? on LOTR
PINAHOLIC
2008-04-29 03:09:12 UTC
My Balrog doesn't light up, I'm sure it needs a new flasher. How do I
get to it? Should I get the LED replacement? Thanks to anyone thats
been there.
-Al
Lloyd Olson
2008-04-29 03:11:49 UTC
LED isn't as bright, #89 doesn't always last long.

Turn the balrog so its facing the side of the cabinet. Remove metal plate
from rear, remove the switch & bracket, then unscrew the lamp bracket and
wiggle out. swap bulb, then reverse procedure. LTG :)
-Al
marc_b
2008-04-29 03:17:42 UTC
Post by PINAHOLIC
My Balrog doesn't light up, I'm sure it needs a new flasher. How do I
get to it? Should I get the LED replacement? Thanks to anyone thats
been there.
-Al
Lloyd- as usual- is spot on.
I personally prefer the #89- much brighter. But doesn't last long.
Perhaps one of the newer LEDs from Bruce or Terry would be much
brighter than the one Stern specifies. ????

marc_b
PCA Pinball
2008-04-29 03:38:05 UTC
Post by PINAHOLIC
My Balrog doesn't light up, I'm sure it needs a new flasher. How do I
get to it? Should I get the LED replacement? Thanks to anyone thats
been there.
-Al
Hey Al - As far as getting to it...see Stern Service Bulletin #
148...link below. Hope this helps.. :)

http://sternpinball.com/downloads/sb148.pdf

Regards,
Paul
Richard Young Sr.
2008-04-29 21:36:05 UTC
Post by PINAHOLIC
My Balrog doesn't light up, I'm sure it needs a new flasher. How do I
get to it? Should I get the LED replacement? Thanks to anyone thats
been there.
-Al
I replaced mine with a red multibulb led in a #89 case from Bruce.
Looks great nice and bright, being its red and only red light gets
through it's red/orange skin, A white led would be dimmer since only the
red spectrum gets through. Now the banging shouldn't kill it any more.

I took the cotter pin off and slide the hole assembly off the post and
unplugged the connector and took it apart on the bench. Wasn't too bad
that way.

Rich