Google is throwing in the towel
Idlehands
2023-12-15 04:50:15 UTC
Google Groups ending support for Usenet
If you work with Usenet groups in Google Groups, support for these
groups is ending soon.

https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538?visit_id=638382121371600439-1361429638&p=usenet&rd=1

Looks like the spammers will have to ply their trade elsewhere!
--
"He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his
reason is weak." Michel Eyquem de Montaigne
John Robertson
2023-12-15 06:17:07 UTC
Post by Idlehands
Google Groups ending support for Usenet
If you work with Usenet groups in Google Groups, support for these
groups is ending soon.
https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538?visit_id=638382121371600439-1361429638&p=usenet&rd=1
Looks like the spammers will have to ply their trade elsewhere!
Well, at least google will stop being the primary source of usenet spam.

Perhaps then this can go back to a proper discourse platform in the new
year!

John :-#)#
John's Jukes Ltd.
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Idlehands
2023-12-16 02:28:57 UTC
Post by John Robertson
Post by Idlehands
Google Groups ending support for Usenet
If you work with Usenet groups in Google Groups, support for these
groups is ending soon.
https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538?visit_id=638382121371600439-1361429638&p=usenet&rd=1
Looks like the spammers will have to ply their trade elsewhere!
Well, at least google will stop being the primary source of usenet spam.
Perhaps then this can go back to a proper discourse platform in the new
year!
John :-#)#
All we have to do is teach the Google users how to use a reader and
where to find a news service....
MummyChunk
2024-01-16 12:49:42 UTC
Post by Idlehands
Looks like the spammers will have to ply their trade elsewhere
--
"He who establishes his argument by noise and command show
that hi
Post by Idlehands
reason is weak." Michel Eyquem de Montaign
Group i
not going anywhere. Plenty of other places to access it

This is a response to the post seen at
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657381393#65738139
Lynn McGuire
2024-01-20 05:43:44 UTC
Post by Idlehands
Post by John Robertson
Post by Idlehands
Google Groups ending support for Usenet
If you work with Usenet groups in Google Groups, support for these
groups is ending soon.
https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538?visit_id=638382121371600439-1361429638&p=usenet&rd=1
Looks like the spammers will have to ply their trade elsewhere!
Well, at least google will stop being the primary source of usenet spam.
Perhaps then this can go back to a proper discourse platform in the
new year!
John :-#)#
All we have to do is teach the Google users how to use a reader and
where to find a news service....
E-S is building a web access to his news server.

Lynn
John Robertson
2024-01-20 17:56:54 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by Idlehands
Post by John Robertson
Post by Idlehands
Google Groups ending support for Usenet
If you work with Usenet groups in Google Groups, support for these
groups is ending soon.
https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538?visit_id=638382121371600439-1361429638&p=usenet&rd=1
Looks like the spammers will have to ply their trade elsewhere!
Well, at least google will stop being the primary source of usenet spam.
Perhaps then this can go back to a proper discourse platform in the
new year!
John :-#)#
All we have to do is teach the Google users how to use a reader and
where to find a news service....
E-S is building a web access to his news server.
Lynn
Nice!

Need to make a donation I think...

John :-#)#
John's Jukes Ltd.
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
Don O Team EM!
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
Been a shit show for years now, perhaps this will drive another platform that weeds out 99% of the bogus scam/weird crap posted on here.
John Robertson
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Been a shit show for years now, perhaps this will drive another platform that weeds out 99% of the bogus scam/weird crap posted on here.
Since I got on E-S I've seen no more of the spam storm.
Nice and quiet!

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3