Pinside- It Gives Me a Headache
CubeSnake
2015-06-13 20:32:06 UTC
I want to like Pinside, I really do. 4 years ago (When I joined) it was a pleasant compliment to RGP. Now, not so much. The mean-spiritedness and utter contempt on there is epic. Now, mind you we've had that here, too but this seems like it's become a kinder, gentler place lately. Again, Pinside, not so much. Waaay to many frat-boys on there. I don't know, maybe it's me but I simply can't deal with the shit show much any more!
Tracelifter
2015-06-13 20:54:58 UTC
Post by CubeSnake
I want to like Pinside, I really do. 4 years ago (When I joined) it was a pleasant compliment to RGP. Now, not so much. The mean-spiritedness and utter contempt on there is epic. Now, mind you we've had that here, too but this seems like it's become a kinder, gentler place lately. Again, Pinside, not so much. Waaay to many frat-boys on there. I don't know, maybe it's me but I simply can't deal with the shit show much any more!
Have you considered becoming a mod?

;)

Eric
a***@hotmail.com
2015-06-14 03:06:32 UTC
The mods have two sets of rules. The ones for their friends are way different than the rules for mere mortals.....
c***@gmail.com
2015-06-15 14:10:01 UTC
don't even suggest they mods are gods, they kick you out for that.
Pinball Muggle
2015-06-14 02:07:52 UTC
Agreed CS ... I Joined there about the same time that you did but wrote it off in half the time ... (tho I admit to looking in on the EM section for something worthy and end up snagging something occasionally).

"Lets see how many responses my post got" is mostly what I see at pinside.

That said, all things change ... our pinball hobby is no exception.
It's just another "next generation".
Have to admit, when it comes to pinball, they get it.
But we might be seeing them as "Younger Hot-Shot Whippersnappers"
We're just getting old =)
... so let the kids play outside.
In the mean time, there's enough info here on RGP now to keep almost any pinball person up and running.
And BTW what happened to Phoebe ... haven't seen her post anything in ages . hope she okay.
Detroitboy
2015-06-14 04:05:35 UTC
Pinside got its popularity as a result of the mean spirited persons on this site and all of the personal attacks that were going on for so long. Things might turn around again, and RGP might again be more popular. But Pinside certainly has attracted it share of "thugs" recently. Lets hope that RGP stays more civil and returnes to its roots of us pinballers helping each other instead of attacking each other.
s***@gmail.com
2015-06-14 04:56:03 UTC
I agree
Frank Furhter
2015-06-14 15:51:40 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Detroitboy
Pinside got its popularity as a result of the mean spirited persons on this site and all of the personal attacks that were going on for so long. Things might turn around again, and RGP might again be more popular. But Pinside certainly has attracted it share of "thugs" recently. Lets hope that RGP stays more civil and returnes to its roots of us pinballers helping each other instead of attacking each other.
I agree
Pinside got is popularity due to folks blowing smoke up each other's
asses, and those people now don't like how others are now blowing smoke
up each other's asses better and left out with cold bungs and drawers
down at ankles. Pull up your pants, and come on back to reality, that
is the RGP way.
--
The Frankster, a playfield prankster
Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank.
Dangling Team-EM Member (debauchery a-go-go)
Dan Garrett
2015-06-14 05:11:54 UTC
Post by CubeSnake
I want to like Pinside, I really do. 4 years ago (When I joined) it was a pleasant compliment to RGP. Now, not so much. The mean-spiritedness and utter contempt on there is epic. Now, mind you we've had that here, too but this seems like it's become a kinder, gentler place lately. Again, Pinside, not so much. Waaay to many frat-boys on there. I don't know, maybe it's me but I simply can't deal with the shit show much any more!
I like Pinside for everything BUT the forums. Ok, I like the EM and tech forums, but for the most part - all the game forums and discussions are big opinion matches that eventually turn into a war of words. Its boring.

I hadn't looked there for over a year - then I took a peek and got drug back into the soap opera b/c its hard to stop rubber-necking at the train wreck. Time to take a breather and check out RGP again - I hear its settled down here, since the bickering seems to moved over there.
Force Flow
2015-06-14 06:22:30 UTC
Post by CubeSnake
I want to like Pinside, I really do. 4 years ago (When I joined) it was a pleasant compliment to RGP. Now, not so much. The mean-spiritedness and utter contempt on there is epic. Now, mind you we've had that here, too but this seems like it's become a kinder, gentler place lately. Again, Pinside, not so much. Waaay to many frat-boys on there. I don't know, maybe it's me but I simply can't deal with the shit show much any more!
Pinside can be a bit of a zoo for certain hot button topics, where folks express their opinions a little too passionately sometimes.

However, aside from those certain threads, I've found pinside to be a treasure trove of knowledge, and a very active place to dig for that knowledge.

There are plenty of folks who are generous with their time, and are happy to introduce newbies to the world of pinball and pinball repair.

There are also plenty of folks who are generous with their parts stashes when someone posts a WTB thread.

Yes, if you get past some of the antics of certain personalities in certain hot button threads, it's actually not quite the wild west that some people make it out to be.

When those kinds of short-lived threads "blow up", they kind of take the limelight because just like the regular news, people love drama. It tends to overshadow the regular daily discussions, but those regular daily discussions are really the core of the community--not those high-profile drama-filled threads.

Just drain/ignore those threads, and I'm sure you'll be fine. :)
calvin12
2015-07-03 23:09:14 UTC
wild west, more like boring beige over there.
Mark Coward
2015-07-04 01:50:26 UTC
You go Frankie. It took only 16 posts until you were banned from the 'Side.
Frank Furhter
2015-06-14 14:36:10 UTC
Post by CubeSnake
I want to like Pinside, I really do. 4 years ago (When I joined) it was a pleasant compliment to RGP. Now, not so much. The mean-spiritedness and utter contempt on there is epic. Now, mind you we've had that here, too but this seems like it's become a kinder, gentler place lately. Again, Pinside, not so much. Waaay to many frat-boys on there. I don't know, maybe it's me but I simply can't deal with the shit show much any more!
RGP by default is open, free, and unless mob mentality rules here (which
it has tried in the past) it functions fine, has for decades. Pinside
has, is, and always will be a place that is fake, unreal. This is what
you get when you pretend to be something which a community, and forum
for it can't be... Pinball is wild, by nature.
s***@gmail.com
2015-06-15 13:42:17 UTC
Post by CubeSnake
I want to like Pinside, I really do. 4 years ago (When I joined) it was a pleasant compliment to RGP. Now, not so much. The mean-spiritedness and utter contempt on there is epic. Now, mind you we've had that here, too but this seems like it's become a kinder, gentler place lately. Again, Pinside, not so much. Waaay to many frat-boys on there. I don't know, maybe it's me but I simply can't deal with the shit show much any more!
I think it's worked out good...Spinside reaches way more people, and it also drew *most* of the assholes away from here. So, like Levi says, when you want to sell a pin, use your Spinside account...otherwise chat over here. That is until too many come back, then it'll suck again...lol.

I gotta respectively disagree with Clark Kent...RGP has much deeper archives than Spinside, and the Google search actually works now! ;o)

Also not too keen on the attempt to re-create stuff that's been built up for years, with no nod to the originals. RGP is one...nobody ever says search RGP for answers...like they're trying to keep it a secret from the noobs or something. IPDB is another...why start your own picture archive and rating system when Jay's has been being built for years.

Just like Marty's stupid Yahooooo EM group did years ago, it all splinters the hobby. Bad IMHO...

Sean
John Robertson
2015-06-15 14:56:00 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by CubeSnake
[...]
It would appear that one 'problem' with RGP is that it is on Usenet and
that access isn't so obvious any more. In the early days all ISPs
carried Usenet, but the new generation of penny pinching accountant
based ISPs dropped Usenet like a hot potato.

Something about pornography was the excuse I heard - and of course there
is no porn on the WWW!

So, unless you are dedicated and have a Usenet provider (I use Giganews)
then you are usually stuck with Google Groups and we all know how well
that works!

Pinside is easily accessible to the neophytes, and the forum format is
more popular, however I don't know how long that style will last. When
the 'owner' of Pinside gets bored, sick, or whatever, and wanders off
who will maintain it?

RGP is independent of support and will continue as long as Usenet persists.

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com
Frank Furhter
2015-06-16 00:12:39 UTC
Post by John Robertson
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by CubeSnake
[...]
USENET has been around longer than just about anything, except maybe the
BBS of the 70s. Bottom line is crap like Pinside is not really any
different than the latter mentioned, and the reason USENET rocks is it
being distributed, and carried, and folks want freedoms from Political
Correct bullshit you get with BBS and forums like Pinside. Enjoy the
freedom, and do something about it (pay for a service, keep the market
for the service viable and profitable, and of course demand freedom of
speech and so forth). Otherwise, have someone you don't know or care
about tell you what you can think and type/say in public.
LexingtonVAPin
2015-06-18 00:00:35 UTC
Post by John Robertson
[...]
Agreed. Many people do not even know what a Usenet is much less how to
access it. Google Groups is not user friendly.

It took me a while to get Thunderbird set up to access RGP via Eternal
September. Now that I have it up and running, the way Thunderbird
handles threads is superior to Google Groups or a web based site like
Pinside.
Frank Furhter
2015-06-18 01:46:42 UTC
Post by LexingtonVAPin
Post by John Robertson
[...]
And I, along with a few others have been saying this for YEARS. Folks
need to get off the nipple of being fed information and liberate
themselves from MODS, from GOOGLE, and from people that want to control
the way you think and access information. We can only hope intelligent
life on Earth is not lost to the gene pool and lowest common denominator
temptation.
Detroitboy
2015-06-18 13:04:32 UTC
The only thing we need to get away from is Frank.....
Ron, (Boatcat)
2015-06-19 16:52:34 UTC
[...]
You just described RGP maybe 2-3
years ago. Pinside cracks me up as I run
into alot of butt-munch info but moreso,
stuff I once read here maybe 10 years ago.
Not just the mods, too many noobs there,
for a real search, and the archives, one
needs to be here.
It's friendlier also, now that
certain user's posts are selectable.
c***@gmail.com
2015-06-23 16:07:16 UTC
They are busy over there having a meltdown again over it not being "family friendly" enough. Its freaking hilarious to read the crap over there.
z***@sbcglobal.net
2015-06-23 16:14:24 UTC
You are a grown man. Not everything will be happy happy. You will not agree with everything. What some people find funny you might find offensive. Get over it. That is the way the world works. I came over here because I am sick of the PC nicy nice crap on pinside.
CubeSnake
2015-06-23 16:38:37 UTC
Trust me, my friend, I find VERY LITTLE to be offended about on any internet forum! Actually, the only thing that truly DOES offend me are dorks that are too easily offended!
Tracelifter
2015-06-23 17:07:56 UTC
Post by CubeSnake
Post by z***@sbcglobal.net
You are a grown man. Not everything will be happy happy. You will not agree with everything. What some people find funny you might find offensive. Get over it. That is the way the world works. I came over here because I am sick of the PC nicy nice crap on pinside.
Trust me, my friend, I find VERY LITTLE to be offended about on any internet forum! Actually, the only thing that truly DOES offend me are dorks that are too easily offended!
The fact that you are not easily offended offends me therefore a thread eject has been issued.

Eric
RGP Mooderator #9
Ron, (Boatcat)
2015-06-23 20:06:52 UTC
Post by CubeSnake
Trust me, my friend, I find VERY LITTLE to be offended about on
any internet forum! Actually, the only thing that truly DOES
offend me are people that are too easily offended!
+1. Hope I can get over it!
Tracelifter
2015-06-23 20:14:30 UTC
"To me Pinside is a lot like Facebook, you may not like some things, and you will inevitably learn hard lessons about how to post without getting beaten down, but the amount of information about Pinball is unparalleled,"<snip>

Unparalleled?
Dude is delusional, a newb who doesn't know how to search the RGP archives.

Eric
c***@gmail.com
They believe they are the "pinball world" and nothing outside of it exists. I've mentioned that fact there before i got kicked/quit and it set off all sorts of bitching. Its particularly funny when they try to discern how many of a title is left, they base it on how many people there have it listed as a game they own. AS if the ownership list is accurate or complete.
AVP Pinball Division
2015-06-26 04:14:50 UTC
Post by Tracelifter
"To me Pinside is a lot like Facebook, you may not like some things, and
you will inevitably learn hard lessons about how to post without getting
beaten down, but the amount of information about Pinball is
unparalleled,"<snip>
Unparalleled?
Dude is delusional, a newb who doesn't know how to search the RGP archives.
Eric
"unparalleled" could also be read as "not coming anywhere near the true
amount of information". ;) Glass half full, glass half empty kinda thing.
:)
--
Pistol Pete
AVP Pinball Division
email: ***@AVPpinball.com
c***@gmail.com
2015-06-26 13:57:56 UTC
Post by AVP Pinball Division
Post by Tracelifter
"To me Pinside is a lot like Facebook, you may not like some things, and
you will inevitably learn hard lessons about how to post without getting
beaten down, but the amount of information about Pinball is
unparalleled,"<snip>
Unparalleled?
Dude is delusional, a newb who doesn't know how to search the RGP archives.
Eric
"unparalleled" could also be read as "not coming anywhere near the true
amount of information". ;) Glass half full, glass half empty kinda thing.
:)
--
Pistol Pete
AVP Pinball Division
Parkville, MD
410-583-9200
web: http://www.AVPpinball.com
What a disaster Pinside has turned into. To let one person call out the entire community for being so-called "anti women" and let have the knee jerk over reaction that Robin did was unbelievable.

The most humorous thing was to watch Pinball Molly's foot soldiers going back and forth from Pinside to her Facebook thread to report on what was being said. And then to see her and her soldiers exhibit the exact same behavior she was bitching about when she took her ball and went home... Bunch of fucking hypocrites the lot of them.

I leave you with the best quote from a Celebrity in a long time...

"It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that," as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase.

"I'm OFFENDED by that."

Well, so fucking what?"

-Stephen Fry
CubeSnake
2015-06-26 14:16:38 UTC
Post by Tracelifter
[...]
What Robin was trying to do was to keep his place nicey-nicey. I feel bad for him because in reality, he has to monitor a bunch of fan boy infighting and quite frankly, I would have shut down the entire site because of this. It was simply obnoxious. It's hard to slog through all this bullshit on there. As far as Pinside being 'informative' I think not. It USED to be, but it's devolved into a giant drunken frat party.The punches are starting to be thrown. Hopefully the police will be called soon.
Censorship is not the way to go, but it is his site and he certainly has every right to steer it the way he feels. Personally I think he's making a mistake. As other posters here have stated, all it takes these days is ONE person to say he's offended by something-in this, the female breasts (horrors!)and the others have to kow tow to his whims.
Sadly, I thought Robin would have been above this, but we'll see.
John Robertson
2015-06-26 15:10:41 UTC
Post by Tracelifter
[...]
OK, I wandered over and I see I had made an assumption that was incorrect.

I had thought the forum was only subdivided into dozens of sub-forums
and I would have to go to each of the sub-forums to see the messages -
clearly I was wrong. The main forum page shows ALL the postings and one
just scrolls through that to see if there are messages of interest.

As I am mostly tech help related I will continue to post there from time
to time when I see a problem that isn't being solved properly - but I do
wish that they followed the convention of RGP with a better subject line!

As for the drama, I'm not interested at this time - that happens in any
group - it is called politics and you can't have humans chatting away
with it happening.

Still RGP is my go-to place and I will always try to help here, but I do
pop in from time to time on pinside (about once a month) to see if I can
help out there - when I have time, I still don't care much for forums...

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com
p***@hotmail.com
2015-06-27 03:50:17 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
What a disaster Pinside has turned into. To let one person call out the entire community for being so-called "anti women" and let have the knee jerk over reaction that Robin did was unbelievable.
She didn't call out the entire community. She called out pinside. Huge difference. If you think pinside accurately represents the entire pinball community, you're sadly mistaken. The collector community maybe, but no way the entire community.

Molly contributes way more to this hobby than all the regulars over there. Folks would be wise to listen to what she says. Her passion for the hobby is right up there with guys like Rick Stetta, Steve Ritchie and Neil Shatz. Her mark on the hobby will leave a lasting impression. What have you done for the hobby lately?

And if you think Robin's post about making the site friendlier had anything to do with Molly's post, I'd suggest you look at vids posting history.

"In the big cosmic cafeteria, as humans move down the chow line of life and reach the section where shit is spooned out, women are given several extra portions."

George Carlin

-phish
z***@sbcglobal.net
2015-06-23 16:49:15 UTC
Well, I didn't mean to sound insulting but the PC crap or the idea to ban something because someone gets offended is ridiculous. We are grown people who have different opinions and like different things. Unless it has the potential to harm someone or an innocent(I think someone mentioned doing something to JPop's wife)we should just get over it. Pinside has become a white walled, white floored, sterile, un fun place with the out of control mods and now Robin getting his feathers ruffled. But, it is his site and he controls it.
CubeSnake
2015-06-23 16:56:34 UTC
No offense taken--I'm on the same page you are! And yes, I certainly agree with you on the PC crap....it's really got to stop over there. Perfect analogy on the "sterile, un-fun place" ....sadly, it's been becoming that way for a while.
3***@gmail.com
2015-06-24 00:38:32 UTC
My first time here. And I am here because of exactly what you have stated. Pinside is becoming like living in an occupied state. No freedom. Act the way we tell you are you shall be banished. Mind you, I have never been banned, but it is starting to feel like living under your parents rule when you were younger. My rules or get the hell out!
3***@gmail.com
2015-06-24 00:46:28 UTC
Pinside has become military state. Thought I would see how things are over here!
vanilla
2015-06-24 01:42:55 UTC
Robin recently wrote that pinside started in 2003 but that only in the last 2-3 years has participated there really taken off. I wouldn't know if any migration away from RGP coincided with that. I recall when the pinball industry folks who frequented RGP started to go Galt from RGP, seemingly one by one, until everyone looked around and noticed.

Users at pinside seem to concur there are (frequent) random posts of bare breasts in their threads. I don't know on what basis posting that stuff is ok on a pinball website. It's pinside, not pornside or bitchfest or thumpchest or even youtube. There are non-pinball websites to address those needs. Compliance with decency really ought to be no problem for anyone. If you can attend a pinball show and not stand up in the middle of a seminar and flash breasts or start spewing vitriol then you already know how to behave around people. Is it alcohol at the keyboard? Being decent and being decent in response to other's hostility is not a concession to femininity or cowardice or only what meek people do or whatever might be your inner driver that makes you throw out your common sense and insist upon acting out and disrespecting other people. Being decent is a talent, actually. Personally, I think if you become rude on a website then you have stayed too long, like a drunk at a bar who doesn't know to go home. Just stick with pinball, enjoy pinball, and know when to go home.
joe mamma pinballwizzNO@SPAMgmail.com
2015-06-24 01:54:58 UTC
Yea it's getting pretty fucked up over there. I like to read some of the noobs posts for a chuckle. Rgp is more appealing to me recently. Been gone for a while and plan to drop the pinside daily read.

I I like the comparison to Facebook. I hate fb and have stopped reading it. Complete waste of time, same as pinside.

Chris Kruger
Tracelifter
2015-06-24 02:43:45 UTC
Post by vanilla
[...]
You're concerns have been duly noted however I don't like vanilla, too bland and boring and not up to RGP standards therefore an RGP thread eject has been issued.

Eric
RGP Mooderator #9
John Robertson
2015-06-24 17:34:40 UTC
Post by Tracelifter
You're concerns have been duly noted however I don't like vanilla, too bland and boring and not up to RGP standards therefore an RGP thread eject has been issued.
Eric
RGP Mooderator #9
I reject your ejection!

(ducking)

John ;-#)#
RGP Non-Moderator #1
www.flippers.com
Tracelifter
2015-06-24 18:07:58 UTC
Post by vanilla
Post by Tracelifter
You're concerns have been duly noted however I don't like vanilla, too bland and boring and not up to RGP standards therefore an RGP thread eject has been issued.
Eric
RGP Mooderator #9
I reject your ejection!
(ducking)
John ;-#)#
RGP Non-Moderator #1
www.flippers.com
Upon reflection the rejection of my ejection is up for election and posted in the wrong section.

We have a local website and they made some old biddy a moderator and she booted all the great posters.
One of the posters started another unmoderated group and most of the posters moved over there.
The other site now is just a few old biddies who talk about their bowel movements and geriatric maladies, Dr. appointments and the polyps found in their colons.
They got what they wanted, the 99% left so they could cater to the 1%.
Check it out, the Lake fire is going on right now otherwise the hot topics are Dr. appts and pecan rolls.

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/activity.php

Eric
RGP Mooderator #9
John Robertson
2015-06-24 22:24:25 UTC
Post by Tracelifter
Post by vanilla
Post by Tracelifter
[...]
You want to know what scares me? If someone ever figured out how to make
telepathy work...forums are bad enough!

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com
Frank Furhter
2015-06-25 01:13:49 UTC
Post by John Robertson
Post by Tracelifter
Post by vanilla
Post by Tracelifter
[...]
Then you would know exactly what I'm passing now and flushing...

God save the queen
'Cause tourists are money
And our figurehead
Is not what she seems

BC is so tourist since the wood industry has been destroyed by a simple
beetle infestation, you have to embrace being second rate and
compromised and hope for salvation.

This reality should scare you, not if you or others are telepathic.
Frank Furhter
2015-06-25 01:10:29 UTC
Post by vanilla
Post by Tracelifter
You're concerns have been duly noted however I don't like vanilla, too
bland and boring and not up to RGP standards therefore an RGP thread
eject has been issued.
Eric
RGP Mooderator #9
I reject your ejection!
(ducking)
John ;-#)#
RGP Non-Moderator #1
So we have RGP[N|M]oderatorers, I reject you all in jest. The joke is
on you all, its been 4+ years coming. Its home coming bitches.
c***@gmail.com
2015-06-24 05:23:41 UTC
pinside is not, and has not been, full of naked boobs. There have been lots of bikini/lingerie pics, or obstructed naked boobs where nothing could be seen. To complain that it was full of boob pics is just not true at all.
bobukcat
2015-06-24 14:35:16 UTC
Correct - it is PG13, not R rated (full frontal typically = R). Some seem to believe that all women are offended by the pictures and the "locker room" talk but I know several women who are not only offended by that but would take it to a whole new level. Of course some people are just looking for something to be offended by and there is no pleasing them.
Paul
2015-06-24 16:48:23 UTC
Post by bobukcat
Post by c***@gmail.com
pinside is not, and has not been, full of naked boobs. There have been lots of bikini/lingerie pics, or obstructed naked boobs where nothing could be seen. To complain that it was full of boob pics is just not true at all.
Correct - it is PG13, not R rated (full frontal typically = R). Some seem to believe that all women are offended by the pictures and the "locker room" talk but I know several women who are not only offended by that but would take it to a whole new level. Of course some people are just looking for something to be offended by and there is no pleasing them.
Then if that's the case, there will be many, many 'pinsiders' who will be in for a lifetime of being offended! My God that place is the most awful, PC hand-holding bunch of dweebs I've ever encountered. Basically, it's one big dick-size comparing contest over there.
Some of the things I didn't like (in no particular order):
The use of the term, "GLWTS"-seriously. shut the fuck up already!
The use of the term "table"- See above.
The blinding overuse of LED's -cheap looking & obnoxious.
The insistence of photographing the ball launch wood area. Really? Has it come to that, guys?
The abject praise for all things (new) Stern. Stern's products suck, plain & simple. They're cheap, have a cheap feel, and their themes are pretty lame. Now if they can find a group that's had a hit within the last decade, maybe, just maybe that'd be a good theme.
Rant over.
Tracelifter
2015-06-24 17:53:59 UTC
Post by Paul
Post by bobukcat
Post by c***@gmail.com
[...]
I was the one that started asking for pics of the shooter lane and the reason is every ball goes into it and I can pretty much tell the condition of the mechs by looking at it.
Flippers rebuilt is another red flag because if they have been rebuilt chances are the pops, VUKs etc. may need attention.
With the resurgence of pinball there has been an increase of snapraggin' junk flippers with their Folly Shopped games and Pinside is the perfect place to sell these games to the noobs.
As far as Sterns go they are pretty reliable most of the problems I have encountered are wires that fall off.
I can also buy 4 of them for what guys paid JPop for his Magic Girl vaporware.
Magic Girl is the perfect name for that game because the money just magically disappeared.
:)

Eric
RGP Mooderator #9
joe mamma pinballwizzNO@SPAMgmail.com
2015-06-24 22:57:12 UTC
Paul,

YOU ARE MY HERO! I agree 110% with every word of your post! Thanks for saving me from typing it all out myself!

LEDs overpowering and cheap looking???? YOYEA!!! Looks like shit!

Chris Kruger
CubeSnake
Paul has some very well stated points that most of us would agree with , I think. Most Pinsiders would not lol
p***@att.net
2015-06-25 01:02:26 UTC
I don't like being fucking censored. Too old and tired to try and change myself into a PC pussy. I also like EM's it's what I grew up on. I think RGP has more to offer for noobs like me who were born when Ike was President and got into this fucking awesome hobby later in life.
Frank Furhter
2015-06-25 01:16:06 UTC
Post by p***@att.net
I don't like being fucking censored. Too old and tired to try and change myself into a PC pussy. I also like EM's it's what I grew up on. I think RGP has more to offer for noobs like me who were born when Ike was President and got into this fucking awesome hobby later in life.
USENET is the ideology, RGP is a long operational vestage of it that
wasn't necessarily usurped into the Google brain child and functionally
illiterate thinking machine worth billions a year in advertising dollars
with click through. Just say no, and instead freedom of information and
no censorship. Actions speak louder than words, do as you believe and
the sooner you understand reality the sooner you get a real belief
instead of something shoved up your a$$ by the powers.
DRDAVE
I can't argue with most of what you've laid out there Paul. Lots of newbies over there of which most don't know the quality light an incandescent provides compared to the garishly super bright LEDs that they MUST install or they won't be considered one of the cool kids.
z***@sbcglobal.net
2015-06-24 05:35:59 UTC
Where the hell is Levi? We need his unique point of view on this situation.
Pin Del
2015-06-25 00:51:00 UTC
Post by z***@sbcglobal.net
Where the hell is Levi? We need his unique point of view on this situation.
All I know is this thread has gave me a head-ache !!, I'm not going to say PS is a bad place as I do not go there .
People here gave up on RGP a long time ago to be on a FB like forum like spinside
& it is good to see you Ole regs vent here .
It is what it is & if Spinside doesn't change all the "ole" folks will be back soon !! .

Cain't wait !
cody chunn
2015-06-27 04:35:32 UTC
He's over on pinside spouting out lame, half-assed reviews of Kiss!

-cody

ldnayman
2015-07-15 20:53:40 UTC
I was in Amsterdam. It was awesome.
Masspinballfan
2015-07-15 22:04:08 UTC

Red light district still alive and well there? Great memories from a Navy visit there in 1983!
ldnayman
2015-07-16 22:21:30 UTC
Of course it's still alive and well. Fat old chicks in the windows in the afternoon, hot russians at night.
Masspinballfan
2015-07-17 16:32:39 UTC
Of course it's still alive and well. Fat old chicks in the windows in the afternoon, hot russians at night.

Fat old chicks now? When I was there in 83 it was mostly young models sitting in those windows. For about 18 dollars American money you could bang a chick you otherwise would only slam thy ham thinking about while looking at porn magazines.

Oh and 25 cent Heinekens at the bars...23 years old...pure bliss!
67ChevelleMalibu2
2015-07-17 18:14:00 UTC
Enough with this turd of a post.
Tracelifter
2015-07-17 19:26:40 UTC
Post by 67ChevelleMalibu2
Enough with this turd of a post.
The mods have taken your post into consideration and a turd eject had been issued.

Eric
AVP Pinball Division
2015-07-20 22:00:49 UTC
Post by Tracelifter
Post by 67ChevelleMalibu2
Enough with this turd of a post.
The mods have taken your post into consideration and a turd eject had been issued.
Eric
I suggest that we add the ability to provide a courtesy flush after the turd
eject.
Pistol Pete
John Robertson
2015-07-20 22:52:42 UTC
Post by Tracelifter
Post by 67ChevelleMalibu2
Enough with this turd of a post.
The mods have taken your post into consideration and a turd eject had been issued.
Eric
I suggest that we add the ability to provide a courtesy flush after the
turd eject.
Level 3 water restrictions enacted today in Vancouver (BC), might not be
able to flush if it reaches level 4!

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com
p***@att.net
2015-07-22 20:11:59 UTC
I almost pooped my pants laughing. (Toilet side it gives me s headache.) I think the site is ok stick to your own demographics and avoid the "mod squad"
j***@aol.com
2015-07-25 03:01:14 UTC
I just got a warning from Pinside.My crime? I posted a FS post where I wasn't supposed to post it. Good grief:

This is a notification that a post you've made on the Pinside Pinball Forum has been moderated, most likely because it contravenes one or more Pinside community rules.
--- Your post ---

Cleaning out the pile. These are all new, never-in-a-game, aftermarket coils with diodes and some shelf dust on wrappers. Probably all are by Mazzco. Five 25-500/34-4500 $20 shipped Four 090-5032-00 $17 shipped One SFL 23-600/30-2600 $7 shipped or free with purchase of either of the above. All of the above $35 shipped

Your post has been deleted.

The moderator also added the following private remark:

'Please repost in the Market Place'

Consider this a friendly notice. Please re-read and stick to the Pinside community rules to prevent further warnings. Multiple violations could lead to an account freeze or even an account ban.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Sincerely,
The Pinside.com staff and moderation team
Pin Del
Screw some one, Petty shit & nothing more ,,,,
Gott Lieb?
2015-07-25 03:16:31 UTC
Post by j***@aol.com
[...]
If these are still available, I'll take the lot, Joe. Just send me your PP address.

Jim
Frank Furhter
2015-07-25 03:18:09 UTC
Post by j***@aol.com
[...]
welcome back joe. Hang with me joe, hang with me joe, hang with me JoJo.
Tracelifter
2015-07-25 18:45:52 UTC
Post by j***@aol.com
[...]
Donate 50 bucks get a t shirt, donate 100 bucks get a t shirt and our exclusive member DVD Mods Gone Wild!

Limited time offer so don't wait, donate now.

Eric
cody chunn
2015-06-27 04:44:40 UTC
Pinside is fine. All you need is a little personal restraint and instant
amnesia to forget the throw away stuff.

They want a "family friendly" forum. Nothing wrong with that. If you can't
or won't abide by their rules, stay away. No biggie.

There is no need for name-calling or ridiculing other people's ideas of what
makes a pinball machine cool. Just comment on what you like or dislike in a
civilized manner and we can all have a positive online pinball experience.

IMO!

-cody

William Brower
2015-06-28 00:04:28 UTC
I Lurk over there but that's about it, I'm not signed up.

There are some nice EM threads that keep me interested. That's it, the rest is all bullshit.

With my fucking bad mouth and perverted thinking I would be booted on my first post. Fuck that, I'm happy here with 4 new post a day and a life time of searchable archives to keep my machines running up to snuff.

I do miss the old RGP guys though, some are over there and don't post here any more...bummer.

Bill
Tracelifter
2015-06-28 00:44:01 UTC
Post by William Brower
I do miss the old RGP guys though, some are over there and don't post here any more...bummer.
Bill
They be movin' on up
To the Pinside
To a deluxe website
In the sky
Movin' on up
To the Pinside
They finally got a piece of the Pie

Eric
RGP Mooderator #9
Pin Del
+2 Bill. That is my whole point !
Steve Charland
2015-06-28 15:47:52 UTC
Some of us are on both, action here has been slow for System 80 tech questions so I go where I can help.

-S (CARGPB1)

(post snipped)
s***@gmail.com
2015-06-28 17:00:28 UTC
I like that Pinside has ads, many forums and lots of knowlegable and kind, giving, and helpful persons. But like almost anything else these days it has its bickering and people who love to argue. But RGP also has had that as well, unfortunately neither entity is perfect. I started on RGP in learning about pinball and am grateful for the helpful and generous sources of wisdom here.
EM PINMAN
2015-06-28 01:13:21 UTC
Post by CubeSnake
I want to like Pinside, I really do. 4 years ago (When I joined) it was a pleasant compliment to RGP. Now, not so much. The mean-spiritedness and utter contempt on there is epic. Now, mind you we've had that here, too but this seems like it's become a kinder, gentler place lately. Again, Pinside, not so much. Waaay to many frat-boys on there. I don't know, maybe it's me but I simply can't deal with the shit show much any more!
I hang out on the Pinside EM Forum quite a bit and it is great. Moderators leave us alone because we just naturally behave nicely.

I believe the Moderators who are supposed to watch us have to leave most of the time to go over to the SS/DMD crowd to baby sit because the children there are mad there are no LE RZSSI pins left, or TBL pin is not done yet, so time to sit in the corner, cry, and suck their thumb, or they have not been breast feed today and are big ball babies that need their ass beat.

Ahhh.... RGP....can't say this shit on Pinside's SS/DMD forum, the 15-30 year old ball babies might poop their diapers. ;-)

Ken
Tuna Delight
2015-06-29 04:12:34 UTC
Post by EM PINMAN
Post by EM PINMAN
I believe the Moderators who are supposed to watch us have to leave most of the time to go over to the SS/DMD crowd to baby sit because the children there are mad there are no LE RZSSI pins left, or TBL pin is not done yet, so time to sit in the corner, cry, and suck their thumb, or they have not been breast feed today and are big ball babies that need their ass beat.
Ahhh.... RGP....can't say this shit on Pinside's SS/DMD forum, the 15-30 year old ball babies might poop their diapers. ;-)
Ken
Like Ken, I'm an EM guy who likes RGP and Pinside - both have a lot to offer if you take the time to really give them a chance.

Unlike Ken, I'm also an SS/DMD guy who's impatient with his TBL pin not being done yet. No worries though ... no poopie diaper here! :-)
EM PINMAN
2015-06-29 04:38:48 UTC
Post by Tuna Delight
Post by EM PINMAN
Post by EM PINMAN
I believe the Moderators who are supposed to watch us have to leave most of the time to go over to the SS/DMD crowd to baby sit because the children there are mad there are no LE RZSSI pins left, or TBL pin is not done yet, so time to sit in the corner, cry, and suck their thumb, or they have not been breast feed today and are big ball babies that need their ass beat.
Ahhh.... RGP....can't say this shit on Pinside's SS/DMD forum, the 15-30 year old ball babies might poop their diapers. ;-)
Ken
Like Ken, I'm an EM guy who likes RGP and Pinside - both have a lot to offer if you take the time to really give them a chance.
Unlike Ken, I'm also an SS/DMD guy who's impatient with his TBL pin not being done yet. No worries though ... no poopie diaper here! :-)
LOL! I think your safe this time Tim as I don't think you fall in the 15-30 year old crowd anymore plus I never hear you whine online, just voice concerns like normal adults. Poopie diaper people just stink! ;-)

Ken
c***@gmail.com
ha, there is someone asking the value of a mint BoP with 2 pics posted. Reds are gone from the cab, the shuttle ramp is broken and the heart ramp looks smoked its so dirty. Someone actually said 5K+. whats wrong with them?
p***@att.net
2015-07-02 00:06:13 UTC
So what's wrong with the pissy pants 18-30 year old whiners?
Mike Rowe had an interesting observation

http://www.brutalattack.org/index.php/2015/02/05/mike-rowe-will-blow-you-mind-with-his-earth-shattering-insight/?wiziapp_back=cat-4708

Bottom
Frank Furhter
2015-07-03 01:06:15 UTC
Post by p***@att.net
So what's wrong with the pissy pants 18-30 year old whiners?
Mike Rowe had an interesting observation
http://www.brutalattack.org/index.php/2015/02/05/mike-rowe-will-blow-you-mind-with-his-earth-shattering-insight/?wiziapp_back=cat-4708
Bottom
The problem with Mike Rowe is he is pretender, a marketeer of an ideal
that is long gone. Get over it folks, the US of A is done. A lost
generation without job opportunity is the next in line to run the
country. Live it, love it, embrace it. Nobody wanted civil war 15
years ago when it all hit the fan after 9/11, and you get the bed you
now made. Brutal reality is this has been a LONG time coming.
a***@hotmail.com
2015-07-02 03:49:17 UTC
Now that Robin has quit his day job and is making managing Pinside his full-time job, he will focus on making money. The lemmings who make monthly donations will soon be asked for more and some will oblige. Otheres will be turned off by the begging, a new "Pinside Store" for tee shirts, hats, badge holders and maybe even Pinside logo CONdoms.

The result will be the decline of the site as it will be moderated to death by the hunky-dorey brigade. Look for a bounty for tattling on those who post a pic of a hot female in a skimpy outfit.

Beginning of the end......
Tracelifter
2015-07-02 04:54:34 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Now that Robin has quit his day job and is making managing Pinside his full-time job, he will focus on making money. The lemmings who make monthly donations will soon be asked for more and some will oblige. Otheres will be turned off by the begging, a new "Pinside Store" for tee shirts, hats, badge holders and maybe even Pinside logo CONdoms.
The result will be the decline of the site as it will be moderated to death by the hunky-dorey brigade. Look for a bounty for tattling on those who post a pic of a hot female in a skimpy outfit.
Beginning of the end......
I don't know about all of that happening but I am deactivated and my heart went black a few day ago.
Just a black hearted bastard now.
No politics allowed yet there is now a political post about the Greeks and us old timers all know the Greeks Don't Want No Freaks.
Has Pinside gone mad or are they going Greek?

There was beer all over the dance floor
and the band was playin' rhythm and blues
You got down and did the gator, and half
an hour later, you were barfin' all over your
Girlfriend's shoes.

But the Greeks don't want no freaks.
The Greeks don't want no freaks
Just put a little smile on them rosy
cheeks,
'Cause the Greeks don't want no freaks.
(GATOR!!)
She was the pride and the passion of Dixie
She did exactly what her daddy had planned.
She was perfect little sister until somebody missed
her and they found her in the bushes with
the boys in the band
But the Greeks don't want no freaks
The Greeks don't want no freaks

So put a great big smile on them rosy cheeks,
'Cause the Greeks don't want no freaks
No, the Greeks don't want no freaks
Said, the Greeks don't want no freaks

Just put that monster smile on them rosy cheeks
'Cause the Greeks don't want no freaks
No, the Greeks don't want no freaks,
Ahh...ahh...ahh

Eric
Tracelifter
2015-07-16 05:04:00 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Now that Robin has quit his day job and is making managing Pinside his full-time job, he will focus on making money. The lemmings who make monthly donations will soon be asked for more and some will oblige. Otheres will be turned off by the begging, a new "Pinside Store" for tee shirts, hats, badge holders and maybe even Pinside logo CONdoms.
The result will be the decline of the site as it will be moderated to death by the hunky-dorey brigade. Look for a bounty for tattling on those who post a pic of a hot female in a skimpy outfit.
Beginning of the end......
This post was moderated for Publicly critizing Pinside staff, please use the moderator feedback forum to discuss moderation decisions. A thread eject was issued. "A site freeze has been issued for your public criticism of a moderator. A private message has been sent with information regarding the steps you can take to remove the site freeze. "

Eric
l***@aol.com
2015-07-11 23:42:11 UTC
I've always been an RGPer. Been here for many years. Too many Damnit. Having said that though, I went to Pinside for about a minute, took a look around and I just don't get what is so great. I am not a dummy when it comes to computers and electronics. But I also know a good melody when I hear one; (Less is more) And that web site is so confusing. ok, down from soap box...
Dan Garrett
2015-07-27 17:05:18 UTC
Post by l***@aol.com
Post by CubeSnake
I want to like Pinside, I really do. 4 years ago (When I joined) it was a pleasant compliment to RGP. Now, not so much. The mean-spiritedness and utter contempt on there is epic. Now, mind you we've had that here, too but this seems like it's become a kinder, gentler place lately. Again, Pinside, not so much. Waaay to many frat-boys on there. I don't know, maybe it's me but I simply can't deal with the shit show much any more!
I've always been an RGPer. Been here for many years. Too many Damnit. Having said that though, I went to Pinside for about a minute, took a look around and I just don't get what is so great. I am not a dummy when it comes to computers and electronics. But I also know a good melody when I hear one; (Less is more) And that web site is so confusing. ok, down from soap box...
I'm on both. I got away from RGP b/c of FF and others creating so much troll-noise I was losing any finds of valuable stuff. Although I was able to keep lasered in with search for important to me stuff, like mods and EM repair / upkeep stuff.

Pinside is good for all non-forum features, the market, the collections, and some of the game info. Robin has tried to get a rope around the tone and feel, to reduce the hostile environment, but its along road - and expel and freezing "accounts" is the only way for them to control.

So if you want total freedom with more noise, RPG
If you want controlled (limited freedom of speech/thoughts, "banned members"), but less noise (theoritically), and you like the account-type features, like personal listings, collections, etc within an "account", then try Pinside
railbender
2015-07-28 03:03:04 UTC
Post by Dan Garrett
So if you want total freedom with more noise, RPG
If you want controlled (limited freedom of speech/thoughts, "banned members"), but less noise (theoritically), and you like the account-type features, like personal listings, collections, etc within an "account", then try Pinside
I think you are nuts if you think that pinside has less noise then RGP. I liked the amount of action on pinside for a while but realized it is a waste of time. I also am curious if you can sell a game or parts better on pinside so am going to try a few experiments since I don't orgasm over mods.

My use of pinside has degraded down to only getting on when I get an email on my personal email from the pinside robot. Best feature right now.

The mods don't bother me since I don't go on there anymore, try that.

Kenny
Frank Furhter
2015-07-30 22:18:27 UTC
Post by railbender
Post by Dan Garrett
So if you want total freedom with more noise, RPG
If you want controlled (limited freedom of speech/thoughts, "banned members"), but less noise (theoritically), and you like the account-type features, like personal listings, collections, etc within an "account", then try Pinside
I think you are nuts if you think that pinside has less noise then RGP. I liked the amount of action on pinside for a while but realized it is a waste of time. I also am curious if you can sell a game or parts better on pinside so am going to try a few experiments since I don't orgasm over mods.
My use of pinside has degraded down to only getting on when I get an email on my personal email from the pinside robot. Best feature right now.
The mods don't bother me since I don't go on there anymore, try that.
Kenny
The only way to enjoy freedom is to exercise yours. You do the best you
can and obviously are better educated than most on Limpside. RGP as a
news group based in USENET land principled on freedom without moderation
(at least non volunteering) is total chaos and thus freedom. Tools at
the individual level to limit, filter if you will out noise is the power
to the people. Moderators are unnecessary from about the early ('91)
era onwards where the fake power of group moderation was transferred to
the user/consumer via software and knowledge enabled people to do and
see what they wanted. Robin's in the world are about 25 years old and
obsolete, only interested in marketing or having some power over freedoms.
67ChevelleMalibu2
2015-07-30 22:28:52 UTC
When is this turd going to get flushed? Now we have to read FF spew his crap. No Frank on pinside, doesn't sound like a bad place to me.
Frank Furhter
2015-07-30 22:34:55 UTC
Post by 67ChevelleMalibu2
When is this turd going to get flushed? Now we have to read FF spew his crap. No Frank on pinside, doesn't sound like a bad place to me.
Head on back to Dipshitside then my friend, you apparently don't know
how to filter based on simple filter criteria.
Glen Peters
2015-07-31 00:41:13 UTC
Post by 67ChevelleMalibu2
When is this turd going to get flushed? Now we have to read FF spew his crap. No Frank on pinside, doesn't sound like a bad place to me.
No, actually.... you DON'T.

Think about it, nobody is 'forcing' you to read his spewings.

I come on here all the time... and don't read 'anything' this babbling idiot has to say.

The real question is... why are YOU?

Or John... or 'anybody' else on here?? THAT'S the 64 thousand dollar question!

But I mean, sure... if ya 'wanna' read it... then do.

I notice his 'name' once in awhile... but I'm to where I hardly pay any attention to even 'that' anymore.

Practice makes perfect.
Frank Furhter
2015-07-31 00:48:12 UTC
Post by Glen Peters
Post by 67ChevelleMalibu2
When is this turd going to get flushed? Now we have to read FF spew his crap. No Frank on pinside, doesn't sound like a bad place to me.
No, actually.... you DON'T.
Think about it, nobody is 'forcing' you to read his spewings.
I come on here all the time... and don't read 'anything' this babbling idiot has to say.
The real question is... why are YOU?
Or John... or 'anybody' else on here?? THAT'S the 64 thousand dollar question!
But I mean, sure... if ya 'wanna' read it... then do.
I notice his 'name' once in awhile... but I'm to where I hardly pay any attention to even 'that' anymore.
Practice makes perfect.
So here is a perfect example of how USENET filters and USENET is perfect
because its a matter of choice through education and knowledge instead
of being forced by another person/s to think for your idiotic ignorance.
My spewing blathings is nothing new to the USENET, the question is
when is the pinball and public community going to get smarter than a
fucking dead fly on the wall observing its own asshole through its own
multi dimensionally messed up lens of distortions.
f***@yahoo.com
2015-08-03 15:23:17 UTC
f***@yahoo.com
2015-08-02 03:39:28 UTC
h***@gmail.com
2015-08-11 18:45:30 UTC
Post by CubeSnake
I want to like Pinside, I really do. 4 years ago (When I joined) it was a pleasant compliment to RGP. Now, not so much. The mean-spiritedness and utter contempt on there is epic. Now, mind you we've had that here, too but this seems like it's become a kinder, gentler place lately. Again, Pinside, not so much. Waaay to many frat-boys on there. I don't know, maybe it's me but I simply can't deal with the shit show much any more!
hahahahaha so mentioning that pinside is a friendly place and that others opinions are allowed is inflammitory.

Everyone is welcome at pinside. This is s friendly place to all, in spite of your stance that opposing opinions are unwelcome.

This post was moderated for Inflammatory posting 1 hour ago. "Please drop the entire line of discussion. If you have an issue with a pinsider, please feel free to either ignore them or take it into PM's. This is a warning, but if you don't stop the back and forth, ejects will be next."
Pins4Fun
2015-08-11 20:14:22 UTC
Let's get one thing straight here peeps. Unlike RGP, Pinside is not an open or free forum. It's a club with its own (rudimentary) by-laws and ordinance. Clubs, in our pseudo democracy, are frequently the very organizational contraptions where and by which the most political, social, and economic trespasses are perpetrated.

These clubs, which draw there legitimacy from our own system, make available certain privileges to a small group of insolent straw bosses within there bio-organisms, while being blatantly intrusive, imperious, and uncivil to the majority serfs, in order solely to perpetuate there own interests. This is by design, not accidental or incidental.

RGP is not a club.
Frank Furhter
2015-08-11 21:56:26 UTC
Post by Pins4Fun
Let's get one thing straight here peeps. Unlike RGP, Pinside is not an open or free forum. It's a club with its own (rudimentary) by-laws and ordinance. Clubs, in our pseudo democracy, are frequently the very organizational contraptions where and by which the most political, social, and economic trespasses are perpetrated.
These clubs, which draw there legitimacy from our own system, make available certain privileges to a small group of insolent straw bosses within there bio-organisms, while being blatantly intrusive, imperious, and uncivil to the majority serfs, in order solely to perpetuate there own interests. This is by design, not accidental or incidental.
RGP is not a club.
DipshitSide jumped the shark a LONG time ago, it has taken a LONG time
for them to figure it out, and now they are managing dissent with control.

RGP like an RPG once launched is pretty much on its own. USENET is the
backbone and the free open nature of it (moderation is usually if not
always volunteering and voluntary) makes it perfect or almost if not all
things, that need to be open and FREE.
z***@sbcglobal.net
2015-08-11 20:42:34 UTC
Pinside has become Duloc

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=As89pVEKd7wQuSVXeLEOFc2bvZx4?fr=yfp-t-901-s&toggle=1&fp=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&p=shrek%20duloc%20song
h***@gmail.com
2015-09-22 20:38:41 UTC
Post by CubeSnake
I want to like Pinside, I really do. 4 years ago (When I joined) it was a pleasant compliment to RGP. Now, not so much. The mean-spiritedness and utter contempt on there is epic. Now, mind you we've had that here, too but this seems like it's become a kinder, gentler place lately. Again, Pinside, not so much. Waaay to many frat-boys on there. I don't know, maybe it's me but I simply can't deal with the shit show much any more!
I've been banned because they think I'm using multiple accounts. They said I can back if send them a copy of my ID to prove who I am. Riiiiiiiiight, that's gonna happen.