New usenet viewer help
Fordiesel69
2024-01-21 13:54:41 UTC
With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin preparing? What is the best client and platform?
Idlehands
2024-01-21 17:16:52 UTC
Post by Fordiesel69
With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin preparing? What is the best client and platform?
I am a big fan of Thunderbird for my newsreader, have been for years.

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/

Eternal-September is my goto for a news server, it's free and the owner
has done a lot of work to filter out the spam flood from Google Groups.

https://www.eternal-september.org/

He is also working on a web interface as well.
--
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.

George Bernard Shaw
Tony
I prefer Seamonkey to Thunderturd.
Idlehands
2024-01-27 06:37:17 UTC
Post by Idlehands
Post by Fordiesel69
With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin preparing?
What is the best client and platform?
I am a big fan of Thunderbird for my newsreader, have been for years.
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
Eternal-September is my goto for a news server, it's free and the
owner has done a lot of work to filter out the spam flood from Google
Groups.
https://www.eternal-september.org/
He is also working on a web interface as well.
 I prefer Seamonkey to Thunderturd.
Each to their own, not sure why people have to slag what others are
happy with.
--
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.

George Bernard Shaw
BobLangelius
2024-02-07 13:44:56 UTC
Post by Idlehands
Post by Fordiesel69
With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin preparing?
What is the best client and platform?
I am a big fan of Thunderbird for my newsreader, have been for years.
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
Eternal-September is my goto for a news server, it's free and the owner
has done a lot of work to filter out the spam flood from Google Groups.
https://www.eternal-september.org/
He is also working on a web interface as well.
I took the time to setup Seamonkey and eternal-September and i don't see
much of the spam anymore. It's a PIA, but it's worth the time.
Idlehands
2024-02-08 00:34:54 UTC
Post by BobLangelius
Post by Idlehands
Post by Fordiesel69
With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin preparing?
What is the best client and platform?
I am a big fan of Thunderbird for my newsreader, have been for years.
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
Eternal-September is my goto for a news server, it's free and the
owner has done a lot of work to filter out the spam flood from Google
Groups.
https://www.eternal-september.org/
He is also working on a web interface as well.
I took the time to setup Seamonkey and eternal-September and i don't see
much of the spam anymore.  It's a PIA, but it's worth the time.
Nice, glad it's working for you, Google was never my go to in the first
place so I won't miss it or the spam that it brought.
--
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.

George Bernard Shaw
BobLangelius
Agreed. Holy SH## I can have a dialog on RGP again. LOL
John Robertson
2024-02-08 18:36:36 UTC
Post by Idlehands
Post by Idlehands
Post by Fordiesel69
With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin
preparing? What is the best client and platform?
I am a big fan of Thunderbird for my newsreader, have been for years.
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
Eternal-September is my goto for a news server, it's free and the
owner has done a lot of work to filter out the spam flood from
Google Groups.
https://www.eternal-september.org/
He is also working on a web interface as well.
I took the time to setup Seamonkey and eternal-September (E-S) and i don't
see much of the spam anymore.  It's a PIA, but it's worth the time.
Nice, glad it's working for you, Google was never my go to in the
first place so I won't miss it or the spam that it brought.
Agreed.  Holy SH##  I can have a dialog on RGP again.  LOL
I'm using E-T and see NO spam at all!

Yay!

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never d

Kerry Imming
2024-01-30 20:27:04 UTC
Post by Fordiesel69
With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin preparing? What is the best client and platform?
I haven't reviewed this lately, but information on setting up
Thunderbird is here:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Rec.games.pinball_Access_Methods

- Kerry